Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1965-67 Catalina 2+2. Any experts out there?

2»

Comments

• I don't know if this will help, but this website is all classic Pontiac parts. I have no affiliation with them, they just sponsored a Pontiac show up in Norwalk, Ohio over the summer when I was shopping for a Pontiac convertible, so I marked their website.

It might contain some info on the steering column parts. Or you could e-mail them and ask.

http://www.amesperf.com/

• cccompsoncccompson Posts: 2,388
    Although this discussion seems to have expired, I just stumbled across it and wanted to share some things based on my ownership of a '67 2+2 hardtop from 1978 to 1987.

It was an unusual (probably specially ordered) vehicle with a bench seat, 4-speed, 428 HO (376 HP), and posi. Add-on AC had been installed at some point. Black in and out with plain wheel covers.

I owned quite a few muscle cars of that era and that 2+2 was as quick as any of them and especially strong at lower speeds. Don't know what the final drive ratio was (probably a 3.55) and it did not have a tachometer. It drove good on the highway but, of course, had little handling ability. The 4 wheel power drum brakes were adequate (and certainly better than the manual drums I had on one '67 GTO which occasionally required two feet!) It had model specific interior door panels which I doubt would ever be available in reproduction.

There's one other reason that car was special - my wife and I drove it on our first date on January 6, 1979. I'm lucky to still have her and wish I still had the 2+2!

Back to the original question - although they are far rarer than GTOs, they have the same performance at a lower price.
  • speedshiftspeedshift Posts: 1,598
    Maybe I'm just an old gearhead (okay, I am an old gearhead) but I think full-size four speed cars are great. Maybe it's because the combination is so unexpected. Full size equals cruiser and four speed equals sport. I've had three of them, all Impalas, and would love to have a four speed 2+2. Good performers and with the gauge package that dash is something else.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,750
    1965 Catalina 2+2 421 3 2bbls, 376 H.P. Positraction.

A/C, power windows, tilt, AM-FM w/reverb, and any other accessories that were available.

Yellow, black buckets, 4 speed, red stripe tires.

Guess I can dream.....?
2»
This discussion has been closed.