Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Excursion Prices Paid and Buying Experience

2»

Comments

• to the people who bought the excursion at elm ford in woodland. how did you get such a great deal and how did you get so many responses for your request? all the fleet dealers here in the sacramento area seem to think it is bogus . i showed them the post you put up and they laugh thanx, glen @ grumpy4x4@yahoo.com
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,012

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• tourguidetourguide Posts: 188
    In answer to post #22 - There are two types of invoice - Retail invoice (what you and I see on the website) and Dealer invoice (what the dealer pays and what you DON'T see).

Suffice it to say that nobody is loosing money by selling at those prices. No dealership would be in business long if they didn't make money on every unit that rolls off the lot.

The only varialbe as to how much below retail invoice you can get them is the Ford incentive package at the time of purchase.
  • e350v10e350v10 Posts: 92
    While that is true with GM, the Ford invoice is the Ford invoice. The dealer usually gets a 3% holdback and factory-to-dealer incentives - which the consumer doesn't always see.

3% is still nice margin and it is usually only brokers and fleet buyers that can get the dealer to give some of the holdback back.
  • lauroblaurob Posts: 9
    In Florida, we're set to get an 04 Excursion Limited Diesel w/options of limited slip axle, telescoping mirrors, and cargo package for a selling price of $42,130, "out the door" w/tax, tags, No other fees for $41,980.

Opinions... good deal, just okay...?
  • this is to all. It is all relative, how much you pay new versus how much you get on a trade. All consumers want to pay nothing for it new but want retail when it is traded. I work for a dealer and am in sales and it baffles me how some people think!! be fair to all. We must make money just like you. I understand that you want a good deal, that's fine, so do I when I shop for something. But I keep in mind that they need to make money too. I have to pay my bills and put food on the table just like all of you do. The biggest misconception is that we make a ton of money. I do make good money, I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't, but not as much as most consumers think. Please keep this in mind when you shop for your next car.
  • oniscusoniscus Posts: 10
    Question if u guys dont mind? How much is everyones monthly payment? Thinking of buying 2005 Eddie Bauer PSD 6.0? And whats the right price for this truck in NJ?
  • kevins3kevins3 Posts: 10
    I paid $45,000 for limited! Has leather, dvd player, rear heat controls, and it's a 4x4. Sticker was $52,000. Got dealer to throw in winter mud floor mats clear coat and molded mud flaps as incentive to buy from them. bought it from Waikem Ford in Ohio. :)
  • palbertpalbert Posts: 2
    I am looking into buying a 2000-2001 Ex with anywhere from 78k-100k miles. I am hesitant in buying such a large engine vehicle, 10Cy. but am looking forward to the extreme size of the SUV. I am looking for advice and opinions of past owners.

Questions:
    Is there a big difference between the 6.8 vs 7.3?
    Any problems with electrical or engine/trans?
    8cy vs 10cy? Preference?
    Any know reoccuring issues with used Exs?

Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,680
    You might have better luck getting an answer in this Ford Excursion discussion that seem to have a little more traffic, and for which your questions might be more on-topic.

Ford Excursion: Problems & Solutions

Good luck,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Test drove a 2000 X. It was marked for $9800, but the sales person dropped to $8800. Its gonna need new brakes and tires. Rear A/C does not work. 87,150 miles. I drove it to a transmission shop and they checked the truck out and said everything was fine besides the brakes. I'm not sure if its a V10 or V8. Do you all think this is a good price. The interior is in excellent condition and the exterior looks brand new. All black with gray leather.
2»
This discussion has been closed.