Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda6 Sedan

Comments

• newcar31newcar31 Posts: 3,711
    I think it's a good thing too. When two of the biggest car companies in the world work together on something that they will both rely on well into the future, I'd expect it to be good. Maybe Honda will buy some of those transmissions.... ;)

Like the article you cited said, this cooperation is historic because GM and Ford have never shared major components like automatic transmissions.
  • baggs32baggs32 Posts: 3,213
    Now take into account how many other manufacturers Ford and GM control and you can see that this transmission will be all over the place in a big hurry. So it better be really really good and I think it will be given where it's coming from. There's too much at stake for it not to be. :)

Maybe Honda will buy some of those transmissions.... ;)

They probably will. Then all their followers will chant "We're saving the planet. We're saving the planet." because it makes their vehicles a little more fuel efficient and the big giant "H" said so. ;)
  • arbalestarbalest Posts: 10
    audia8q,

do you know if HID/TPMS package from Mazda3 will also be an option for Mazda6???

I know TPMS is gonna be available or standard, but maybe HID as another option???

thank you.
  • audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    I have not seen anything mentioning HID's for the MZ6.
  • Your moonroof should at no point leak. If at any time, it leaks, you need to take it right to the dealer. If they all leaked to some degree, most people would get them. In a previous car I had, I got an aftermarket sunroof, and it never leaked. My boyfriend has an '04 Corolla with an aftermarket roof and his never leaks. Your moonroof should not leak at all, take it to the dealer immediately.
  • harddrivetharddrivet Posts: 90
    Hello All,
    I had originally been considering the accord, but then I saw a Mazda3 on the mass pike during my morning commute and had to look into it. Have been researching and drove one the other day. I thought it was awesome. When I go looking at the dealers I almost always mistakenly go look at a 6 because they look the same, even though the 6 is a little larger, but not by much at all visually. I may go and drive the 6, but it does not get as good gas mileage and costs more. What do you all think, would I regret getting a 3 verse the 6? I drive 100 miles a day for work and want a fun economical car that looks good.
    Thanks.
  • Refer to the Loaded Mazda3 vs Base Mazda6 board (not sure if the link below works), there are other people with similar dilemma

creakid1 "Loaded Mazda 3 OR Base Mazda 6" Jun 18, 2004 3:57pm!make=Mazda&model=6&ed_makeindex=.ef2334a

I personally purchased a Mazda6s 5door (hatch). The hatch configuration is so unique and I like it so much (hatchback utility without the wagon look) that I didn't even testdrive the 3 -- I know I'd like it, that'd just make my decision harder :P
  • saugataksaugatak Posts: 488
    They probably will. Then all their followers will chant "We're saving the planet. We're saving the planet." because it makes their vehicles a little more fuel efficient and the big giant "H" said so. ;)

ROFLMAO.

I think it's a good idea for car companies to share not only transmissions, but also engines.

Ford and GM could have focused on a small car platform and bought Honda's I4s instead of building their own inferior I4s.

Honda could enter the large truck/SUV market and buy GM's pushrod v8s or Ford's SOHC Triton v8s.

GM has already purchased Honda's SOHC 3.5L v6 for the Saturn Vue. Honda should have returned the favor by buying GM's transmissions (as BMW does) and saved themselves from major embarrassment.
  • rampedramped Posts: 358
    When you compare the pros and cons of the 3 vs. the 6, don't forget to factor in the rebate/dealer cash available on the 6. You most likely can pay about the same price for a similarly equipped 6i as you will for a 3.
  • newcar31newcar31 Posts: 3,711
    If you're comparing the 3s to the 6i, the mileage difference is 1 mpg in the city. They have the same highway rating.
  • dudleyrdudleyr Posts: 3,447
    The 3i will still be plenty peppy as it is considerably lighter than the 6i, and it gets much better gas mileage than the 6i. It would be a nice choice for a 100 mile commute.
  • rampedramped Posts: 358
    I've been waiting about a month for a new batch of MZ6s to arrive in my area. I talk to a salesman regularly and he doesn't know why it is taking so long for cars to arrive.

Any thoughts?
    We have seen a delay in shipping MZ6's also...From what I understand, there is a rail car shortage which is causing headaches for domestic built cars. I have some MZ6's that should have been here in May they still have not left Flat Rock.
  • mazda6smazda6s Posts: 1,901
    Hey, that could be good for buyers (sorry, bad for you). Once they DO arrive, there could be enough cars on the lots to result in lower negotiated prices. ;)
  • madaxemanmadaxeman Posts: 8
    I recently ran out of washer fluid and no warning light on the dash. The dealer told me that the MZ6 didn't come with one. However, it exits in the manual. Does anyone know anything about this?
  • mazda6smazda6s Posts: 1,901
    It exits in the manual so that's why it's gone. ;)
  • accord7accord7 Posts: 96
    I talked to a truck driver the other day (who was hauling M6 cars) and he said that Mazda has 900 cars waiting to be delivered from Flat Rock. He made it sound like there's not enough truck drivers to deliver the cars on time. In my case, I'm waiting for my ordered 6 to be built. I placed the order in early May, now told it won't arrive until mid August. That's kind of slow, ya know?
  • dsmdsm Posts: 3
    Do you have a 6i? Some of the features listed in the manual only apply to the 6s, without explanation.

For example, my dealer told me that although there's an AMB button on my dash, the temperature feauture isn't available in the 6i.
  • harddrivetharddrivet Posts: 90
    Since they have incentives available until June 30th, do you think it is best to buy a 2004 before July, or should I wait for a better possible incentive in July?
    Thanks.
  • madaxemanmadaxeman Posts: 8
    No, I have a 6s.
  • mazdamarlamazdamarla Posts: 350
    Even tho I've had my '03 for almost a year now, I ordered mine April 1 and didn't take delivery until July 11. So yes, the wait time is slow, but it also seems to be pretty normal when you order a vehicle from Mazda. :(
  • hboydhboyd Posts: 98
    Actually, I waited only about 3 weeks for my ordered '01 Protege ES to arrive at my dealership. Fleet Manager slipped it into the allotment just in time; although it may have been at the port already! :)

A 2+ month wait-time seems extraordinary to me. I couldn't wait that long.

Rich.... Any '05 MZ6 Engine changes in the works? Better fuel mileage and cleaner emissions? Thanks.

MARTIN
    back in 01 we didn't do specific factory orders like now...mazda ordered the cars and shipped them to the port and then we selected what we wanted from the port inventory. I could get a car within 10 days....now we order specific cars directly from the factory and it takes months....

no changes that they have mentioned so far.
  • 1-hboyd:
    As Rich said. no changes to the engines, but 2 very important changes that will AFFECT the engines:

6S (Auto) : 6 speed auto transmission
    6I (Manual): New gear ratios for 4th & 5th.Gears
                 dropped.

2-BTW,Rich: Do you happen to know if they are switching over to spin-on oil filters on the '05 6Is? Or can you find out? There have been rumors to that effect. The cartridge filters they put on the '03s and '04 were one of Mazda's more stupid decisions. Hope there's something to the rumors.
    hahaha....I screwed up. Thank you cheesehead for correcting me. I had Mazda3 on my mind when I was writing your reply.

I looked over the stuff they sent me and there is no mention of the filter...But they usually dont't talk about that stuff on my end. We also have not received the 2004 tech manuals yet.

Thanks cheese.
  • 1-hboyd:
    As Rich said. no changes to the engines, but 2 very important changes that will AFFECT the engines:

6S (Auto) : 6 speed auto transmission
    6I (Manual): New gear ratios for 4th & 5th.Gears
                 dropped.

2-BTW,Rich: Do you happen to know if they are switching over to spin-on oil filters on the '05 6Is? Or can you find out? There have been rumors to that effect. The cartridge filters they put on the '03s and '04 were one of Mazda's more stupid decisions. Hope there's something to the rumors.
  • dodgedudedodgedude Posts: 17
    a 6 yesterday (4 cyl auto). I love this car, it's nimble in turns, plenty of pep (for me anyway). Lots of standard features for the $$. The sticker listed gas mileage as 22/28 city/hwy, should I expect to actually get that? Right now, I'm having too much fun breaking it in, if you know what I mean ;), but how's the gas mileage over time?
  • ANT14ANT14 Posts: 2,687
    Not sure about over time, but I borrowed a friends 6i for a road trip (thinking my LS V8 would waste much more gas), and I averaged 13-14MPG, this was cruising at 95-108MPH most of the way though. I'm sure you can get 28MPG, just keep it under 60 to do so. So I can share that part of the spectrum for you.
  • gee35coupegee35coupe Posts: 3,475
    I'd travel a few carlenghts behind you any day. That's my kinda driving.