Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda6 Sedan

Comments

• What is the difference between a Grand Sport and Grand Touring? :confuse:
  • baggs32baggs32 Posts: 3,210
    Mazda hasn't released any teaser photos of the next Mazda6 sedan have they? Has anyone got any pics to share? I'll even take some good juicy rumors. They can be fun to read.

Latest rendering from a French mag. Obvious V6 would be the Duratec35 but rumors flying around state that the 6 will get the 280 HP Duratec37 that the CX-9 is supposedly getting for '08. The latter is definitely getting that motor in Canada for '08 at least.

• sir_timbitsir_timbit Posts: 39
    Looks sweet! Here's hoping they keep the hatchback for North America though.
  • chikoochikoo Posts: 3,008
    I think the tail lights and the tailpipes on the 2009 Mazda6 are derived from the CX-9. Time will tell whether my observation is right or wrong :)

I too am at 62k on a 2003 6s.
    Mine has been sipping 1qt per 1.5k since almost day one. Has not improved or worsened. So I am not worried about it.
    Raspier? Maybe you need to add some Lubecontrol Fuel power FP-60 or FP3000. It certainly helps clean and run the engine a lot cleaner.
    hey maltb......how are you my friend?
  • maltbmaltb Posts: 3,572
    geez Chikoo, are you hunting down all the old posts? ;)

I'm doin ok. I took some time away from Edmunds but came back to have a little break every now and then from work.

How's your 6 holding up? Planning to trade it for an '09 next year?
    It is doing really good.
    It has no more or no less rattles than when it was brand new.
    In fact my wife who drives a RX300 is so mad with Lexus that she is contemplating buying a Mazda, looking at my track record.

btw, it has been ages for me too since I have visited this forums. and when I do, who do I see posting.....YOU!
    http://www.mazda.com/publicity/release/2007/200706/070612.html

Mazda Awarded First Place in Auto Bild Magazine’s “Quality Report” for the Third Year Running

HIROSHIMA, Japan— Auto Bild, Germany’s largest car magazine, has ranked Mazda in first place in its highly respected “Quality Report” for 2007, which was published on June 8. This was the third straight year that Mazda has been awarded first place in this annual report.
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    The Mazda6 sold in Germany is made in Japan and the Mazda6 sold in USA is made in Michigan. There may be major differences in quality between assembly plants.
    No. There are not. IIRC, one of the posters here work for MNAO and he had the chance to drive both the Japanese and US version of Mazda6. Identical in fit and finish and build quality. That said, I had a made-in-japan '99 Mazda Protege for 5 years and now the US built Mazda6 for 4 years. Build quality is identical. Very tight.
    Yes there are differences. I have driven both Japan and Michigan assembled Mazda6 and not only are there differences in assembly quality, there are differences in components and quality.

The build quality is absolutely not identical.

I can attest to this as I own a Hiroshima built Protege and a Flat Rock built Mazda6. :surprise:

While they are both silver, the resemblance ends there. The Protege has better build quality.

We do not share the same anecdotal experience chikoo.
    Yes there are differences. I have driven both Japan and Michigan assembled Mazda6 and not only are there differences in assembly quality, there are differences in components and quality.

Such as? I would certainly like to know about them.
  • jbahjbah Posts: 23
    you won't feel anything worthwhile until after you get past 4k on the tach,,,by 5k you feel the pull...low end sucks on the V6 but the high end is nice. the VT saves gas i think that's the only reason for it. I would've liked more off the line jump but you can stomp on the pedal and she'll move,,,
  • For those who haven't seen this yet, thought I'd post this latest 2008/9 Mazda6 pic, which is apparently what Mazda will be showing at the Frankfurt show in a couple of weeks. I'm really not sure if it will be a 2008 or 2009 model though. It only shows a limited front view. I really like the sculpted front shoulders and new headlights. Not so sure about the huge smiling grille though. I think it should have been a bit smaller to be in better proportion with the rest of the front features. However, overall I think it looks pretty good. I sure hope they continue making the hatchback and wagon, and can't wait to see all of the views.
    2008 Mazda6
    It will be a 2009. The 2008 model is already out.
  • m6userm6user Posts: 2,954
    Have only had Mazda6 for a short time and have a simple question. Does the remote lock/unlock on the 6 have any audible sound when locking or unlocking? Nothing major but it just seems that all cars I have owned had an audible or both audible and light blink. Also, on the radio station control there is a label "Text" printed just underneath the dial. Does anyone know what that does? I can't find a reference in the owners manual. Thanks.
    The lock beep is programmable. Mine is set to beep at the second time the lock button on the remote is pressed.
    Text is for the Sirius radio if installed.
    Those are 100% NOT pictures of a 2008 Mazda6!
  • Those are 100% NOT pictures of a 2008 Mazda6!

Okay, we get it! It's the 2009, not the 2008.

Now that we have that established, back to your regularly scheduled program. :)
    Keep in mind that this is the version that the rest of the world gets...and sooner than we do. The North American version may differ slightly as we saw in the previous Mazda6.
  • m6userm6user Posts: 2,954
    Are instructions for programming the lock beep in the manual?
  • Wow, the new 6 is impressively beautiful. Really puts the new accord to shame. The wagon is awesome, but I'm sure it won't be coming. And it's lighter than the outgoing model with more hp? Wow. Sounds and looks good on paper so far.

C&D seems to think that the US will get a different version with different sheetmetal and even a different platform. The US version is to be bigger (or at least look bigger).

link">http://www.caranddriver.com/autoshows/13664/2009-mazda-6.html?al=19
  • skibry1skibry1 Posts: 174
    I'm pleased our boys still incorporate a Left-Leg Flexor!
    I'm not enthused with the "lexus-like" tail...but that
    front looks agressive! It'll be intresting to see our North American version.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    I do not think our version will be any different then the euro one. At least as far as the body and platform are concerned.

Remember those spy shots we saw of the new 6 around Detroit? It's the same car!

Also, the teaser pic that Mazda North American Operations posted on MazdaUSA.com is the same as the pic's that were leaked. I really doubt there will be much of a difference, if any.
  • I really like the look of this redesign, especially the wagon, but I fear we won't get that. I do hope this is the version the U.S. will get. However, it wouldn't surprise me if they bloat it up and make it more Camry-like for us (yuck). Let's keep our fingers crossed that they don't mess it up by going for the lowest common denominator in this market. Here are the additional pics.
    Redesign Pics
  • carguy58carguy58 Posts: 2,303
    and I do take great interest in buying a 2007 or 2008 Mazda 6 however I have my issue of CR that I bought and CR has black dots for trouble spots such as transmission and brakes for the 6 so does the 6 have alot of tranny problems and brake problems? Also owner satisfaction is under average for the 6's 4cyl trim but CR does rate the 6's reliability as average still. The question is the 6 a reliable car or its give me trouble back to the service department for the tranny and brake problems? Other cars I am considering are the Ford Fusion, a 2005 Acura TSX, and a 2007 or 2008 Mazda 3s.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Posts: 3,855
    The transmission in the 2006 and later 4 cyl Mazda6 is not the same as that in the 2005 and earlier. The 2006 went to a 5 speed automatic, the earlier versions had a 4 speed. I am not certain, but I would guess that the new 5 speed auto is the same one that is in the 4 cyl Fusion.

So whatever the value of CR's little colored dots for the Mazda6 may be, they tell you nothing about the new transmission.
    That looks like a Hatchback. A 2009 Euro Hatch.