Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda6 Sedan

Comments

• ericzoomericzoom Posts: 213
    I have a 04 and was wondering what changes there are for 05 on the 6s. How do you know there will be a 6sp trans. for 05?
  • newcar31newcar31 Posts: 3,711
    I heard about it on the other Mazda6 message board.
  • audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    here are some of the MZ6 changes for 2005

there will be 3 versions of the 'i' model
    -base
    -sport
    -grand touring

's' model
    -sport
    -grand touring

There will be a 6 speed auto trans that will be available on some versions, but I'm not clear on the mix yet.

ABS and traction will be standard on the 'i'

Tire pressure montoring system will be available on all versions..std on some.

all get pass. side weight sensor airbag.

side airbags/curtains optional on base 'i' std on sport and GT. Std on 's' models

sport grill std on all sport models

sirius compatible audio std on all models

delete gray interior with blazing copper

For 2004 there are 108 different build combo's...2005 will reduce the number to 57 different build combo's.

The first 2005 allocation runs 6/17 for Aug. production cars and september/october delivery
  • Anyone have ne idea on price differences for the 05's? Is it worth to wait for them to come out or should I get the 04 and save a little?
  • groovypippingroovypippin Posts: 264
    You must mean exterior. A blazing copper interior? whow...
  • dudleyrdudleyr Posts: 3,406
    ABS and Traction control standard. That is very nice to see. Now it should be easy to find manual tranny ABS non sport. Any word if the wagon will get the 4-cylinder engine?
    Wagon will remain V6 only
  • taddisontaddison Posts: 99
    Hi Rich, I personlly think the new build levels and option packages make a lot of sense.

Any word on when the 5-door will change over to 2005? Same time as the sedan or later?
    same time frame.
  • jeanniejeannie Posts: 2
    I test drove the 6s twice before buying & was very satisfied. Now that I own one, am I crazy that my new car (with 18 mi. at delivery)seems to hesitate a bit & seems to have a "drag" or slight vibration from underneath that the testers didn't? Had the tire pressure & balance checked already-helped a little, but not significant.
    Just break-in? Thanks!
  • rampedramped Posts: 358
    Thank you all for your input. Even thought the 6s is thirstier and more expensive, you probably are right that it is the better way to go with the automatic.

The updates for 05 look impressive, but I'm not sure I can wait that long unless I put many $$$ into my 12-year-old Maxima. Looks like my best option for an 04 would be a 6s with the sport, side curtain, sunroof and bose packages. Unfortunately, that's a tough one to run across right now, especially since I want a cloth interior.
  • nedc2nedc2 Posts: 192
    But will you be able to get the side airbags/curtains without the stupid moonroof on the "s" models? I HATE moonroofs.
  • mazda6smazda6s Posts: 1,901
    ramped-
    Like you, I want SAC/SAB but those are currently hard to find without leather, which I will not buy. This has been made much easier for 2005 with the SAB/SAC being standard on all models and trims except the base 'i' sedan model.

ndec-
    This should be no problem for 2005, but you still gotta find one like that.

Like I said before, making SAB/SAC standard on all but the base 'i' sedan was a great move by Mazda, reduces the number of build combos, and makes it easier to find what you want. Unless of course, you DONT want SAB/SAC, in which case you are basically screwed for 2005 and should get a 2004 before they're all gone.
    SAB/SAC will be standard on the 's' model....so you won't have to get the 'stupid' moonroof that you HATE so much.
  • mazda6smazda6s Posts: 1,901
    SAB/SAC is standard on ALL 5-doors and wagons!
  • accord7accord7 Posts: 96
    I'm wondering why Mazda would replace the current 5-speed auto with a 6-speed. If it's to make the M6 more competitive, then it's a good move. I just wonder if problems are starting to develop from the Jatco 5-speed. I certainly hope not, I'm expecting my ordered 6 in 2-3 weeks.
  • grahambgrahamb Posts: 45
    Ramped, you say "Sticker is just over 27K. For that kind of money I would be looking at an Acura TSX... "

I just want to let you know that you won't pay anywhere near that sticker price. My sticker for a 6s hatch with luxory, moonroof, bose, and SAB/SAC was 27,740. I wound up paying 23,031 after the $1,500 dealer cash. From what I understand you can't negotiate that much on an Acura.
  • rampedramped Posts: 358
    Right, Acura doesn't negotiate much on the TSX, but apparently you can get one for about $25.5 without navi in many areas.

After you factor in better resale for the Acura, it may be a wash in the end, although you do have a V-6 and the TSX is a 4.
  • qddaveqddave Posts: 164
    I doubt there are any problems with the 5 speed. This is just Ford commonizing their parts. The upcoming Ford Five Hundred and it's Mercury counterpart will have 6 speed autos. They're probably just using it in the 6 as part of a cost avoidance (having too many trannys in circulation) and also playing the numbers game. 6 gears are better than 5!
  • groovypippingroovypippin Posts: 264
    a six speed manual!