Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda6 Wagon

1394041424345»

Comments

• slickdogslickdog Posts: 225
    We've put 3 booster seats in the back of our wagon before, but it is difficult for one of them to buckle in and at least one usually ends up with the shoulder belt in an uncomfortable spot (too close to the neck). Backless booster seats fit the best as they are relatively narrow, but then the shoulder belt positioning problem is more challenging.
  • deb321deb321 Posts: 1
    Just curious if your Mazda6 wagon is going to work for you? We're also third time around- due in November and driving a 6 wagon and like it a lot. Need to fit the two Britax car seats for the toddlers and an infant seat in there. I'm trying to find online the 2nd row seat width measurement.

Thanks.
  • loonantoonloonantoon Posts: 4
    I take delivery of a used 2006 Grand Sport wagon tomorrow, Glacier Silver Metallic, 24600 odo, all the goodies except nav.
    I saw an earlier post about roof rails. My dealer promised to add them to the car, and will, but apparently on that year they are a factory only option, not dealer install, as the headliner and airbags must be removed for installation and then re-installed.
    What are the best iPod integration options that give, minimally re-charge power and direct playback, and, hopefully, audio control integration?
    I have to decide quickly about buying an extension of the 50k warrenty: are there any known problems? The build date of the car was 11/2005, and the service date was 04/2006.
    Thanks....
  • lg2207lg2207 Posts: 28
    Hi All-
    Quick Question on my Mazda 6S VE Wagon---
    I bought it certified with 1500 miles in late November-
    I noticed that the rear wheel wells are not plastic as are the front ones which appears to be plastic.
    Has anyone noticed if the fronts are different from the rears? It seems to be cloth/felt like materials that are covering the wells in the back.
    Are these mudguards that are missing? Should this be something brought to the dealer's attention?
    Any feedback greatly appreciated. I havent stopped to look at anyone's else's or other vehicles on dealers lots yet.

Thanks
    -Lg2207
    Lg2207@gmail.com
  • carthellcarthell Posts: 126
    I'm assuming a 2007 model. I found "http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/f35/wheel-wells-nap-wtf-397.html" and "http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96663", which shows that Mazda appears to have installed felt-type material on the rear wells of more than one model of its line. The liner appears to be used to cut road noise.

You can go back to the dealer, but unless you're planning to buy some undercoating for those wells, don't expect any help there.

-d
  • lg2207lg2207 Posts: 28
    Yes, 2007 and thanks for the info----- BTW, my 2002 Mazda MPV appears to have better workmanship in the rear wells----- all plastic. I will atleast make an inquiry next time its in for service and see what the say.

Regards
    -Lg2207
  • I'm a newbie here, but have searched this subject with no results. The manual says to lift the arm and twist off the blade, but the arm won't lift off of the glass more than two inches, not enough to remove the blade assembly. Does anyone have good instructions?
    The vehicle is a 2006 Mazda6 Grand Sport Wagon.
    Many thanks.
    My dealer's parts counter gave me a whole new arm/blade assembly for my '04 wagon (apparently they don't sell just the rubber blade), but I pulled/pushed/pried as hard as I dared with the fear of breaking something expensive, and it refused to come off the car. I eventually got tired of wrestling with it and ended up just working the rubber blade off the end of the arm and sliding the new in. This was not easy either, but I wasn't too worried about damaging the relatively cheap rubber portion of the assembly. Please post if you figure out something better.

Good luck.
  • uffdaoleuffdaole Posts: 37
    To remove blade, lift wiper arm to clear glass and rotate blade to right and remove. My local dealer had blade refills, no problem! Check your manuel, has this info.
    Ok, I just looked in a PDF version of the manual and it is there. I'll check the one in my car again, but there is a possibility that the little ones who ride in my car have lost some pages :mad:

Thanks!
  • Hey, slickdog: this works but the trick was posted to me in another forum by ramiLP, "yes, you have to remove the cover on the bottom of the wiper, the one that covers the bolt that holds the wiper arm to the wiper motor, you just flex the end of it and it where the wiper arm pivot point is and it will pop up, then you will be able to flex the wiper arm all the way out."

The attaching bolt cover can be flexed at the left or open end and then lifted off of the bolt, freeing the arm to pivot outward.

And uffdaole, it took me a couple of glances to recognize your name for what it is. How's Lena?
    Thanks very much for all the info, when I get a chance I'll take a shot at it again but this time I won't need to be so worried about breaking something.
  • uffdaoleuffdaole Posts: 37
    Ya sure loonatoon, Lena is fine dont you know, altho she is stuck wit da volvo. Ole has da 6 wagon, much da better!! UFFDA
  • dudleyrdudleyr Posts: 3,456
    Ya, you betcha.
  • nunavutnunavut Posts: 3
    Just to let anyone curious know .. I have installed the Audiolink unit from therpmstore.com in a 2007 Mazda6 Wagon (non-bose unit). It was quite easy to do, and I took out the console myself, and routed the ipod connector cable through where the power socket (cigarette lighter) used to be. Works quite well with an ipod or iphone plugged in: you can control tracks and choose playlists directly from the steering wheel controls. With an iPhone, you can still receive calls (but you do have to unplug the unit to answer them). The Audiolink unit also charges the phone while its plugged in, so that's a bonus.
  • Has anyone tried Rain-X on the polycarbonate headlight covers? Or have another suggestion for cleaning them and preventing long term scratching? The vehicle is 2006 Mazda6 Wagon. Thanks.
  • mz6greyghostmz6greyghost Posts: 1,230
    I've had Rain-X on the headlights since Day One of owning my car. Four years, and 68K miles later, there are microscopic scratches caused by road debris, which I find typical with all cars, but no visible scratches or chips, and no discoloration or fogging of the polycarbonate.
  • I have an 04 wagon and I am looking for an interior cargo cover...anyone out there know where in the Bleep I can find one??? Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.