Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda6 Wagon

Comments

• Yes, I have the sloshing in my wagon, but only when the tank is nearly full and I'm maneuvering in my driveway (lots of back and forth motion seems to do it).
  • mazda6smazda6s Posts: 1,901
    OK, with slickdog's vote we have:

Wagon
    Yes - 0
    Barely/Nearly-Full-Tank - 2
    No - 1

5-door
    Yes - 0
    Barely/Nearly-Full-Tank - 0
    No - 0
  • I drive a 04 MZ6 wagon, have put on close to 11,000 miles. Don't hear the sloshing noise in my car.

GK
    After adding GK's NO vote:

Wagon
    Yes - 0
    No - 2

5-door
    Yes - 0
    No - 0
    OK, with lefty's 5-door vote (and a new category) we have:

Wagon
    Yes - 0
    Occassionally/Half-Full-Tank - 0
    No - 2

5-door
    Yes - 0
    Occassionally/Half-Full-Tank - 1
    No - 0
  • 2005 Mazda6 sportwagon, leather seating.....The driver's seat is excellent, comfortable and adjustable. The passengers, however, are suffering. The front passenger seat is too short with very little support for the thighs. It is low and has no height or angle adjustment option.
    The back seat is hard and unforgiving. The upright part of this bench seat is angled back too sharply and cannot be adjusted to a more upright position. The headrests are like stone. We travel with a load of cushions and neck rolls for comfort.
    That said, the car drives like a dream.
    A shame about the seats....there will be no long trips in this car.
  • suydamsuydam Posts: 923
    I have an '04 wagon with leather also, almost 10,000 miles. We have taken it on long trips and everyone finds it to be extremely comfortable. A huge improvement over the Subaru Forester it replaced (you want hard and unforgiving rear seats, there's your vehicle), so maybe it depends on your comparison. to my Nissan Maxima? No, not as comfy, but as a compact wagon it has a lot of leg and toe room and the seats are very comfortable. And it could hold all our college-bound daughter's gear.
  • So far I haven't had adults sit in the rear seat, but I have a toddler who sits in a booster seat and the angled back really keeps her confortable during long trips. She finds it very comfortable compared to my Xterra, which has rear seat upright and not to mention the lousy ride. The seat angle was one of the things that impressed me very much when I was shopping for a wagon. The rear seats, legroom and not so firm seats were the reasons why I chose MZ6 over Outback.

I use to get frequent back aches while I was driving my 95 Camry, it's gone since I replaced it with this wagon. Like Suydam mentioned, maybe it depends on what you compare it to.
  • Re Toddler seats, I did think that this would be the perfect back seat for kids & their car seats, but we are past that and into the "moving stuff to college" stage!
    Fortunately, we don't use the back seat that often and I agree there is tons of space back there and certainly no complaints about being cramped. We goofed and didn't notice the lack of adjustment options on that front passenger seat though. Most recent vehicles were VW and Saab.
  • fitguyfitguy Posts: 222
    I've driven up to 500 mi in a day with no back fatigue (6S w/leather); passengers all feel seats are comfortable. Road noise coulde be toned down a bit but I've grown used to it. My back is sensitive to a bad drivers seat and the only car I've had with a better one than the Mazda was a 2000 Passat. VW sure knows how to make a comfy seat- too bad they don't know how to make a reliable car.
    Sloshing votes so far:

Wagon
    Yes - 0
    Occassionally/Half-Full-Tank - 0
    No - 2

5-door
    Yes - 0
    Occassionally/Half-Full-Tank - 1
    No - 1
  • gussguss Posts: 1,181
    I always have 2 in mine. My kids are on the tall side and they have no problems at all, even with my seat all the way back.

Once in a while when the wife mini-van is in the shop I'll need to squeeze the third child seat. They all fit but it definitely not as nice as having an arm lengths distance between them.
  • demardemar Posts: 2
    I'm considering buying a used '04 Mazda 6 wagon, to replace my current '00 MPV. (There comes a time in every man's life when he outgrows his minivan). The particular one I'm looking at is pretty much a base model, without the leather upholstery. A friend has complained to me that he drove a 6 sedan with cloth interior on a long trip and found the seats to be uncomfortable (but it may have been a 6i - is there a difference in the seats between the i and s models?). Anyone care to weigh in on seat comfort? I'm 6'1", 180lb.

Any other pros and cons about this particular car?
  • suydamsuydam Posts: 923
    The wagon only comes as a 6s. You can have them add leather. My dealer added leather and seat heaters when I bought my '04 a year ago.
  • I have an '04 with 12,000 miles. I've found the cloth seats to be very comfortable on long drives of 6-8 hours. The "s" designation mostly deals with engine and suspension changes, not interior.
  • I've got an '04 wagon, with cloth, bose, and a 5 speed that just turned over 10k miles. I love the car, with a couple of reservations. First, the cloth absolutely sucks. My front passenger seat is so frayed and pilled that it looks like an old angora sweater, this despite me rarely having anyone in the seat. My dealer is replacing it under warranty, and I'm trying to cut a deal with him for aftermarket leather instead. I would be happy with good cloth, but there's no way this will stand up over the long haul. Mazda clearly gets this is a problem as they have new cloth for '06, which apparently is much nicer. Second, the cd changer is also a pile of junk. Mine jammed around 1000 miles ago, and since it has a CDR inside, this violates the warranty, as they can claim that a nonstandard CD caused the problem. Again, many posts on various forums point to this as a problem. Rather than ponying up the $650 for a new changer, I'm having the CD/MP3 player installed, which I think is a better option than a changer at any rate. I would strongly suggest getting a dealer swap on this prior to delivery it you are getting it from a lot.

Otherwise, it's a great car. Reasonable but not great on gas if you can resist flogging it, eager and willing to play when you can't, and handles much better than my wife's audi A4 avant. As for comfort, I'm 6'1" and 180lbs, with a long torso, and generally have difficulty fitting well into most anything. It took me about 2 minutes to get comfortable in my 6, and it is just fine on long trips.
  • gussguss Posts: 1,181
    just gave the Mazda 6 4cyl. and the 6 wagon a recommended buy in their latest issue. can see the 4cyl difference but don't know why the wagon would be different than the 6s sedan. Maybe the Flat Rock boys took more pride in building a beautiful wagon

I guess my stuffing the ballot box paid off. ;)
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,854
    After you're done stuffing the ballot box :P

Time again for our weekly Mazda Club Chat. The 5 has been the hot chat topic lately, but all you 6 fans are certainly welcome too!

PF Flyer
    Host
    News & Views, Wagons, & Hybrid Vehicles

The weekly Mazda Club Chat is on tonight. The chat room opens at 8:45PM ET Hope to see YOU there! Check out the schedule

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• hoxhox Posts: 24
    What deals are you seeing on Mazda 6 Wagons? I'm looking at an new 05 fully loaded, Bose, leather, 6 disc CD, etc. It retails for $27,620 MSRP. Pricing without MAC financing cash ($1,000) is $6,000 off bringing it to $21,620 or $20,620 with the financing incentive.

How does this compare???

Thanks,

Hox :shades:
  • Depends on where you live. Did you check out the edmunds.com pricing? There are a few more websites that can help you out, but their names escape me right now.

For an '05, I bet you'll be able to knock off another $2K at least. Find out what invoice is for the car, and start off at least $3K beneath that, and work your way up. Again, it depends on where you live...

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.