Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Lexus GS 350 Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Lexus

image2013 Lexus GS 350 Long Term Road Test

I'm overdue for a road trip and have business in Austin, Texas. This sounds like a job for the 2013 Lexus GS 350 F Sport.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• clay92clay92 Member Posts: 3
    You guys need to put the wipers out of their snow/service position. Seriously. RTFM.
  • jenchintonjenchinton Member Posts: 1
    I grew up in El Paso from 0-22 and actually go to grad school here in Austin.

If you're interested in a nice greasy burger, check out the local hallmark Frisco Burger 3111 N Yarbrough Dr El Paso, TX 79925. Owner has a locally iconic yellow corvette ragtop too.
  • happyfunballhappyfunball Member Posts: 1
    For some good home cooking, be sure to drop by The Monument Cafe in Georgetown, just North of Austin, and bring a big appetite! Enjoy the GS F-sport, there are some good twisty roads in Austin.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Did you get the grill/bumper cover fixed yet?

In 1980, on one of my first really long cross-country trips (7600 miles in 5 weeks), I ate at a Mexican restaurant in Las Cruces...run by a very, very German lady. She had such a strong accent it was kinda tough to understand her...and I don't usually have difficulty with accents. The chile verde was absolutely killer and I still mentally compare against it any time I have chile verde.
  • greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    "The 1,400-mile journey is right on the edge of the fly/drive boundary" ... Your fly/drive boundary seems heavily weighted toward driving. Very heavily.
  • 2013_bull2013_bull Member Posts: 0
    While in Austin, check out Hop Doddy. The burgers and shakes are amazing!
  • spdracerut_spdracerut_ Member Posts: 19
    Home Slice Pizza across the street from Hop Doddy is pretty good too. I've done the ATX to LA drive twice taking an average of 20 hours. Look out for the cops around the small towns in west Texas. It's probably best to just set your cruise control to the 80mph speed limit as it's easy to speed in the vast nothingness out there.
  • seanjohntxseanjohntx Member Posts: 1
    If you want some sushi in Austin, try Uchi or Uchiko. If you want to catch a movie, have a beer and some food, check out the Alamo Drafthouse. There are lots of good BBQ places, but Franklin's is supposed to have the best brisket.