Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura RSX v. Toyota Celica v. Mitsubishi Eclipse

13»

Comments

• dq1dq1 Posts: 44
    After putting 35k miles on my '01 Celica GT, I'm getting a good bit of valve ticking. I'm arguing with the dealer to get it repaired under warranty. I asked the service manager how much it would cost if I paid for the work and he told me approx. $800 because it uses shims to set the valve clearance. 2 weeks ago, my wife's '95 civic had a valve adjustment at the Honda dealer for $78 because it uses set screws (or something like that). I don't know how the RSX is set up for adjustment, but I would definitely check with the dealer if I was considering between the two cars. This is a huge difference in maintenance cost. I think Toyota designed a system that would throw extra cash to the dealerships for maintenance.
  • I thought that I already submistted this question but when I just logged on it wasn't there, so I don't know what happened so I thought that I would submit is again...

I have a Red 2000 Celica GT, and I was thinking about replacing the factory standard antenna with the Honda S2000 antenna. I have heard of many 7th Gen Celica owners making the change because it makes the car look a lot better. But I also have read that the S2000 antenna doesn't screw on all the way and leaves a gap which causes for poor radio reception. Since the S2000 antenna only costs about $25.00 from the dealership and it should be pretty easy to change, I was thinking of giving it a try. If any one on here who has made the change or has known anyone who has, please let me know how it works. Thanks!
  • revkarevka Posts: 1,750
    Any more thoughts to share on the Acura RSX v. Toyota Celica v. Mitsubishi Eclipse? If it continues to be inactive here, this discussion will soon be closed and archived.

Revka
    Host
    Hatchbacks & Wagons Boards
  • Hi I had a few questions about these cars.
    1. I'm 6'2" are any of them comfortable for drivers my height?
    2. what are reasonable prices for these cars used? (2002 eclipse, celica, rsx)I was curious about how that works with the trade in prices vs. dealer price that's listed here. Can you get close to the trade in price?
    3. since I live in the northeast, how are they in snow?
    and 4. I know insurance has a lot of factors but what's reasonable to pay for insurance for these cars?
    thanks
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,693
    base RSX to Celica GT, handling of celica is better, stock to stock. Braking is better too. Road damping over bad surfaces is less crashy in the celica. Plus a little less engine and wind noise, good for those interstate trips! :-)

Besides those categories, RSX is tops in everything, and if it hadn't been so darn hard to find one with cloth interior, I probably would have bought the Acura instead...

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

13»
This discussion has been closed.