Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Frontier

Comments

• snohomitesnohomite Posts: 1
    HELP thirdgear and other ppl using Seattle broker...we are in Snohomish and NEED THE NAME of that broker. There is no "Auto Source" listed...please email me at byeanbye2u@aol.com so I can get some more info from you...we will buy a truck today if the price is right! Thx ;O
  • thirdgearthirdgear Posts: 5
    I used Auto Solutions in Bellevue. I normally hesitate to recommend people, but in this case, I'll make an exception.
  • wenrederwenreder Posts: 3
    I require a "second" vehicle for hauling objects
    that can't fit in my Acura, as well as being a very good Winter traction vehicle. As an ex-mechanic, I was fortunate enough to always have big American "classic" station wagons as my 2nd car for the past 20+ years, plenty of room, so-so in Winter. I've decided to buy a NEW 4-WHEEL DRIVE PICK-UP TRUCK. Started looking last week at MAZDA B3000 SE Cab Plus 4 --and-- Nissan Frontier XE-V6 King Cab. Nissan looks and handles a bit "better" all around, but Mazda is offering 2.9% finance (Connecticut)and I really like the Med. Willow Green Metallic color (perhaps NOT the smartest way to make a decision). >> NOW I "hear" talk of vast improvements for 2001 << I'm very "limited" with $$$$, but I DON'T want to skimp and purchase foolishly either. PLEASE GIVE ALL COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS to assist me in making the "right" purchase. Should I wait until 2001? Is the 2000 Mazda "better" or "not as good"
    as the Nissan ?? Thanks for your help !!
  • ebbgreatdaneebbgreatdane Posts: 278
    My money is in the Nissan. The extra doe will keep you headache free (i.e., Mazda = made by Ford hence why by a Japanese car)

We personally would be looking at Tacomas right now if they weren't so damned expensive. Nissan provides the reliability of a Japanese auto at a reasonable price.
  • beminwabeminwa Posts: 1
    Ok, finally bought the truck I was after, silver xe, power package and value plus package. I ended up using carpoint after a rather irriatating trip to the local dealer, I got the truck for about 1700.00 under msrp, hope it was a good deal. Most of the trucks around the area were loaded SE's, not many xe around.
  • jsandyjsandy Posts: 7
    well, I have owned Nissan CC for a full year now, and so I will share my thoughts and experinces. First, I like the Nissan. I'd seen lots of small crew cabs in New Zealand, and Mexico, from all the major companies. Over the next few years, I think they'll be in the USA too. It's a good practical design, and like any compromise, it's not perfect.
    I have 23,000 mils on mine now. No problems, at all. Just oil changes and recommended check ups. There was a recall regarding a tail light, which the dealer took care of, my air bag light came on after a while, and the daler took care of that too. When I bought the CC my oldest daughter was learning to drive. I got an automatic, so she could drive it. She has since got her own car (a gift from her grand folks, and I seldom see her - a topic for a different time), but the car is a nice drive. I get close to 20 mpg, the CC has a heavier feel than my wife's Isuzu Rodeo, but it has a tighter turning radius. Most of the driving I do is around town and short freeway commutes (I do a lot of running kids around really). The truck seems to handle that just fine. I have hauled furniture, lots of surfboards, bikes, and stuff around. I know it has a short bed, but it's still handt, and I really like the extender.

Over the year, the most common comment I get is "I am thinking about buying one for my wife" So my friends kid me that it is a "chick truck" I tell them it's a mini van or men. Which reminds me, I think Nissan should make a bench seat up front to bring the seating capacity to 6, I also think they should go ahead and put a 6' bed on the truck.

I like all the new 4-door truck out there right now. The Dodge looks really nice, although they seem to ride low to the ground, the Ford st is selling a lot around here (San Diego). I think the new Tacoma will be the best by far, but likely more expensive. I really don't think it matters which one you buy, they all have there strong points. I am happy with my Nissan, and I hope it'll go a lot of miles over the next few years.

Best of luck to anyone trying to choose!
  • md_techmd_tech Posts: 84
    The Nissan Frontier Pick-up finally came in today... I wasen't very impressed with the bumper or new retro-lighting arrangement. Although, maybe in time I'll get use to it like I did the Maxima when they first appeared on the lot. What I did like was the back of the vehicle. They kept the regular back lights with Frontier in silver and a Nissan patch where you open up the gate... Has anyone else seen the 2001????

Kristina/co host Our Turn
  • soggydogsoggydog Posts: 67
    I saw my first 2001 on the lot yesterday, here's the sticker price.........

4WD/SE/CC auto........$23,849
    Delux Pkg.................599
    Floor Mats.................79
    Bed liner.................309
    Bed ext...................229
    dest chg..................520
    Total.................$25,585

I think that this is about $600 more than last year, mostly because of the way they repackaged the options. The power pkg. and the roof rack are standard. If you want cruise control you have to get the delux pkg. which includes the CD changer and tilt wheel.
    I really like the front and back of the truck. Not sure yet about the fender flares.
  • a6889a6889 Posts: 1
    After extensive comparison shoping for a small pickup, I'd decided on Frontier Crew Cab. It has great features for the price, and is far and away the most comfortable. I was going to buy one as soon as I saved a couple thousand for the down payment. However, while waiting, I began checking out older pickups on the road and it seems like evry crappy looking pickup I've I noticed is a Nissan ... all full of dents, fading paint, rust, etc. On the other hand Toyotas, Fords and Dodges and Chevy's of the same age all seem to look pretty good. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just my imagination? Needless to say, I'm having second thoughts.
  • mahimahimahimahi Posts: 497
    In my area(Tampa/St. Pete, FL) the crappiest looking trucks overall are Rangers. Especially the peeling paint and rust. It probably depends on your area and it really depends on the owners. A good friend of mine has a '91 Hardbody with over 100K miles and has never waxed his truck and it looks awesome hardly any fading at all! I have also seen problems of paint peeling on older s-10/s-15's too. I think it's going to depend on how well somebody takes care their vehicle. I used to have my own detail shop and I can tell you that if it's going to be a factory quality problem you'll more than likely see it within the warranty years. I can bet that all the trucks I've seen have been owner neglect not a factory quality issue. If you live up north where it snows, it will probably be hard to combat the salt and keep any vehicle rust-proof.
  • I've been driving my Nissan SE/CC for more than a year now (sold my Toyota T100 for it). Anyway, there are some annoying things that this pick up does. First of all if you move the shifter to drive, it seems like it take a few seconds before it engages (you step on the gas pedal and you're not moving, and then a split second later, your neck is jolted backward because of the truck sudden forward movement). Second, the play in the steering wheel is too much (4-5 inches)! It feels like my Willys Jeep of long time ago.
    Well, the truck is not a thrill after all, so maybe, I'm looking forward to install the for sale sign soon.
  • goobagooba Posts: 391
    Sorry to hear about your problems with the truck.What has the service dept told you about these problems?These are things that are covered under warranty.
  • mahimahimahimahi Posts: 497
    You described my '94 S-10 that I had a few years ago. Sounds like your service dept. needs to step up and take care of you. It might just be some simple adjustments on the tranny and maybe replacing some bushings in the steering system. Make them help you...I don't have any of that and I have 13K miles on my Frontier.
  • I just bought a new xe crew cab in july. i have an automatic,roof rack,and the alloy wheels. i was able to get a pretty good deal. i walked out the door with tax,tag ,title,destination,dealer fee for $18,300. i think i got a pretty good deal.
    although the night i drove my truck home i had a severe shake take place at 50-55mph. i took it to the dealer and they had it for 2 days. they could not find the problem and they were going to give me another truck. i test drove two more trucks and the second one i drove did the same thing. there were two bolts stripped out that held the bed down.two bolts later the problem was fixed. i still have a slight vibration but i just noticed the bed was off center.i think fixing that will alleviate the slight vibration. any one else with the same problem?
  • Having a unique background in the automotive industry I have to wonder how a company like Nissan is still in business. Watching a company pull every cent out of the vehicle possible to reduce it's losses(35 Billion before Renaults buy in)is like holding back an ocean with a childs pail. And with Renault now in the drivers seat I can see it only adding to the downward spiral of this company. The lack of quality and performance of the vehicles can not be covered up with sporty ground effects or calling a re-sheetmetal makeover "All New". I can not believe when I saw the first prototype Frontier off the boat from Japan, under the camo we were sure it was a Ford Ranger. I guess I shouldn't have been suprised. With Engineers/technicians leaving the companies Farmington Hills engineering facility in droves something has to suffer. If you don't believe me take Motor Trends recent performance #s for the supercharged 3.3 Frontier, 17.2 seconds in the quarter does not come even close to 210 Horsepower in this package. Try about 40 horspower less, just what the non-supercharged vehicle is supposed to produce. This may just be another case of a company using smoke and mirrors knowing that the market will not hold them accountable.
  • I own a 2000 Ranger Trail Head(has same suspension and ground clearance as a 4x4 but 2wd). I was looking at the crew cabs when they first came out and I wanted one then, but budget and the bank only let me afford the Ranger. 6 months later I have a new job and I am able to afford one. Now all I have to do is sell the Ranger. I am getting a 2001 SE-V6 Crew Cab. As for quality in the Nissan product. My parents own 2 2000 Maxima SE's LOADED 17in rims and all. They had owned a 99 Honda Accord EX-V6 and the quality and performance of that car was nothing to the compared to the maxima. Cant wait to sell my ford! And drive the nissan. The 2001 Crew Cab is one of the best looking smaller trucks in my own opinion!
  • lflsdlflsd Posts: 5
    I absolutely love the restyling of the CC. However, I am somewhat peeved with Nissan. I am quite surprised that after introducing the CC in 2000, they restyle it in 2001. I have the 2000 CC and I now have a vehicle that after owning less than one year is out of style. Personally, I think that sucks and plan to have a heart to heart conversation with my Nissan dealer. I was not aware when I purchased that Nissan planned a major facelift. I hope that they will offer me a decent trade-in and I can get the 2001.
  • i went to nissan of orange in s cal and got a quote for 2001 king cab 17,200... tax and license included. it is manual, no power win or door. i do have ac and cd. i also told them to put the fat flared fenders from the crew cab on(the fenders on the king cap look very sorry). msrp is 15,700. does anyone know broker around orange county who can get me a better deal(considering this is a 3 week old truck)
  • i just got an se crew cab, power, utility package,
    bed liner, bed extender, and floor mats for 22,600 out the door taxes and fees everything.i bought it through a site called enissan.com. i had considered going through car club.com who's prices seemed great, but didn't accept nissan financing. enissan's base price was higher but they don't charge you advertising fees. so the end cost was only a couple hundred more. once financing went through i got my car in 48 hours. no hassle at all, no one trying to sell you extended warrantees and they deliver it to your door. highly recommend if you're buying in the los angeles area.
  • prophet2prophet2 Posts: 372
    With AT, power, sport (sunroof and CD/cassette player), utility (tubular rack) packages, $21,200 + TTL (about $22,400 OTD). Bedliner and cargo extender extra, at dealer cost.

Freddy's deal sounds better. But, I think I can live with this one ........ they have it in my #1 color choice.
  • ccmaybeccmaybe Posts: 23
    Go for it! You won't regret it! Enjoy!
  • soggydogsoggydog Posts: 67
    Just bought the very same 4x4 SE I referred to in post #436. Paid $23,893. I really like the truck, it has plenty of power for me and the ride is great. The improvement over my 83 Nissan 4x4 is staggering. I was considering waiting for the supercharger until I found out that in addition to having a reduction in gas mileage you have to use premium fuel. My only complaint so far is that the factory sticker on the truck says it has the "security system with remote keyless entry".Well, mine has the keyless entry but no security system lite where the book shows it. All indications are that it does not have the system installed. My dealer is checking it out. but they really dont have alot of information on the 2001s yet. Anyone with a 2001 SE notice this problem?
  • tls44b4tls44b4 Posts: 2
    i purchased my new truck on 08/28/00 from a houston area nissan dealership. it had a few more options than i wanted, but i got the color i wanted. it is solar yellow se 2wd with at,roof rack, tilt, cruise, sunroof, cd changer, bed liner, bed extender, and black leather interior. i negotiated the price for $250.00 over invoice. my drive out was $23,800 i hope i got a good deal, some of my friends say i did.
  • tls44b4tls44b4 Posts: 2
    oh yeah i forgot to mention it did come with a factory security/panic alarm system
  • Has anyone found the pricing for the new super charged models? I didn't see the option listed in the new 2001 Frontier line-up for Nissan within Edmunds...

With regards to the poor quarter mile results for the SC models mentioned in earlier posts, whose looking to race? I need to haul and I personally don't want my trailer/boat being rocketed through the 1/4 mile in 6 seconds or less.
  • There is a Nissan dealership very close to where I work. For at least 3 months, there has been a solar yellow, Frontier V6 SE CC sitting on the lot. It has an automatic trans. and a roof rack. From the limited amount of research that I have done, I would say that this particular truck is loaded. Given the amount of time that this vehicle has sat on the lot, and the fact that the 2001's have come out, that 2000 model is going to do nothing but depreciate. With that in mind, what would you guys recommend offering the dealership for that truck. I was thinking about offering them $20K. Does that sound ridiculous?
  • Try $2,ooo to $2,500 less than the actual factory sticker total. Forget about any other silly dealer prep/paint protection, bla bla bla, that they have added to their own dealership sticker.
  • If you want more power from the s/c fontier you always have the options of putting a smaller pulley on it! I'm sure stillen (www.stillen.com) has something up their sleave too. ;)

Its a $1,500? upgrade? For me to add a s/c to my Maxima it'll cost $3,800. The frontiers sounds like a deal to me.
  • I just bought a new frontier cc 2001 in Louisiana, at Giles motors in Lafayette, got it for 22,600 ttl, otd, best i could get, and i am really satisfied, except i am having difficulty finding accessories for it , such as toolbox and nerfbars, anyway, its an XE loaded, except for sunroof and leather, silverice, just like the web picture, thanks for listening
  • try nissan-accessories.com They have step rails just for your truck. I got the water resistant seat covers from them for my 2001SE/CC. they are custom fit and look good. I am also going to order the front guard and bed rails. These are genuine nissan accessories and will match the roof rack and step rails.
This discussion has been closed.