Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Frontier

Comments

• The XE crew is a good bargain at the price you paid. I would have had that same truck myself if the dealers up here would have sold them as advertised. The dealers in this area advertised them at $22,000 until you hit the lot.

One even tried to get $30,000 for that $22,000 truck at the dealership in Allentown. A real rip off.
    Very disappointing.
  • I HAD A CONCERN ABOUT THESE FENDER FLARES BEFORE I BROUGHT MY 2001 CC SE. THEY TRAP PEBBLES AND ROCKS AT THE FORWARD EDGE JUST BEHIND THE BUMPERS. IF YOU PULL BACK THE FRONT EDGE YOU WILL SEE WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.tHEY PEBBLES BUILD UP AND GET TRAPPED BETWEEN THE FLARE AND THE FENDER. THEY END UP RUBBING THRU THE PAINT ON THE FENDER.i TOOK THE RIVETS AND FLARES OFF AND PUT 3M SCOTCH CLAD ALL AROUND MY FENDERS (THE SAME STUFF THATS PUT ON HOODS TO PREVENT ROCK CHIPS) WERE THE FLARES MAKE CONTACT. YOU CANT EVEN TELL ITS THERE. I HAD MY TRUCK A MONTH BEFORE I DID THIS- THERE WERE ALREADY SCRATCHES IN THE PAINT. IT COST ME $150
  • Has anyone had problems with the rear main seal? I have a small leak that hasn't started to drip yet- but it is leaking. This truck has been perfect for 10K miles!!!
  • In response to some of the remarks made after my first message... $25,000 and change for the longest bed in class, 4x4 option, quad cab, SC and towing package, along with the Rockford wasn't too bad for me - if I was worried about the money I wouldn't have bought it - I see a Dodge or Ford or Toyota on every street corner - consider it an investment in exclusivity... Finance everything for 60 months and owe the market trade in value in 2 years (cover yourself with the optional gap insurance - in case of an accident before the 2 year term) and your trading the vehicle for exactly what it is worth in 24 months...Before you start to argue with me - I own 3 brand new vehicles staggered in this manner - so I drive a new one every year - each one obtained with the same formula... Secondly, if you're worried about gas mileage - you shouldn't be looking at trucks - they all suck in the mileage category...If its mileage your looking for - go buy a Kia or a Honda (and I'm not going to quibble about a 5-8 mile per gallon difference in truck brands... I traded a 99 XE 4x4 that didn't have enough power to get out of its own way and sucked off road - no comparison to the auto quad (with my off road tires on it)... The only Nissan even close in the acceleration category would be the Desert Runner - and it only comes in 2 wheel drive... I drove the non SC versions just to make sure of a power difference - there is - and it feels more considerable than the numbers show...
  • PS - per my message above - covering yourself with optional gap insurance when you go to finance also drops your financing interest rate by 2 points....
  • tbundertbunder Posts: 580
    with all due respect, im wondering how you got your loaded up sc'd 4x4 cc for $25000. and to say your '99 xe sucked off road, is like putting down the truck you have now, as the new frontiers are just a styling change. no mechanical differences. check out the four-wheeler truck of the year to see what they thought of your cc sc'd frontier. like i said, it may be down on power, but the best frontier buy is the xe cc 4x4. $20000 and change. no comparison to your overweight sc'd longbed. nonetheless, you at least have cool wheels.
  • Thanks for the complement, however, something I didn't tell you - the XE 4x4 was a 4 cyl... I think you know where I'm coming from...By the way all the reviews for my truck were for the 2001 model - like I said I drove all the 2002 models from different manufacturers and I made the decision... 25,800 was what I paid - if you look at my preceding message you'll see that I opted for the gap insurance thus lowering my financing by 2% - hence the lower sticker price/plus I essentially tore up the saleman and his supe - by the way, I hated the 99, but I got $13,000 (paid 19,500 for it originally) - so no complaints there... Basically, my wife drives it, she can't stand domestic (shes an engineer) and I wanted to see her in a larger vehicle (for safety's sake...) Peace - by the way - I'm waiting for that new SRT-10 Dodge truck with the V-10 in 2003 - just in time!!!
  • gmkrphgmkrph Posts: 12
    Yesterday morning I picked up a 2002 Nissan
    Frontier Crew Cab SC 4x4 Longbed. Could not find
    one in my home state of CT. Went to six local dealers and the best I could do was invoice &
    $500 to pull one out of N.Y. state. First off,
    how are current owners doing on gas mileage ?
    Secondly , in the glove box was an empty blister
    package of Nissan wheel lock nuts , yet there
    were not any installed on the vehicle. I asked my
    local dealer if they came with the vehicle and he
    said he had no idea , it was the 1st SC he has sold ( only has had the brand for 2 months ).
    Was this package garbage from the NY dealer
    or did someone take some locking wheel nuts
    that I am entitled to ?
  • cb70cb70 Posts: 226
    show today. A power convertible top that opens between the rook rack. Looks cool but maybe not too useful here in Iowa. California?
  • bamatazzbamatazz Posts: 311
    Hello all...new to this board ...
    I have a 2000 crew cab..great truck...I also have a 1997 nissans altima & my toy a 2001 jeep wrangler (thats the board im usually on)
    I am really impressed with nissans..great engines..Awful electronics....
    also i have a problem with my tire flare seal coming off on the rear passenger side..
    Nissan is very good about replacing it everytime...
    but its getting to be a hassle..
    Anyone else have this prob?

BamaTazz
  • cb70cb70 Posts: 226
    That is an extremely active board. This board is kind of dead around here.
  • Hey does anyone know what is the best deal that I can get for a 2002 CC SE 4X4 here in san diego CA. I was looking at carsdirect.com it came out to be a little under 24K. Is that the going price for this vehicle?
  • What's the deal in here? Nobodies posted anyting in almost two weeks...
  • imprtlvrimprtlvr Posts: 38
    I got my 2001 Frontier SE Crew Cab 4x4 14 months ago...here's my experience...
    Don't get me wrong, I love the way it looks, and the in-dash cd changer and wheel controls are nice, but....
    Gas mileage really sucks! I just took a long across state trip...managed only 300 miles on the highway before I was almost out of gas...that's only about 15 mpg.....original sticker said 19!
    The power isn't as bad as people say.....I'd recommend the naturally aspirated 3.3 over the supercharged SC...it is very noisy and only offers better acceleration at the start.
    Little things....the cloth seats stain very easily, the paint scratches very easily, and the backseat is small for anyone around 6 feet tall. Also, as someone earlier posted...small pebbles DO get stuck between the front fender flares and the fender...very annoying. Finally, the General Grabber AW tires that came with mine are wearing very quickly. 26k miles and they need to be replaced soon.
    Consumer reports rated the Frontier last among small crew cabs, their arguments were harsh ride and lack of power..decide for yourself. Good luck!
  • brad75brad75 Posts: 1
    Is anyone else experiencing starting problems with their Frontier? I just purchased a 2002 XE Crew and twice I have had it start very sluggishly. I think I have connected this problem right after I have filled it up with gas. Does air get into the fuel systems somehow? Any help is appreciated. ONce it starts, it runs fine.
  • imprtlvrimprtlvr Posts: 38
    My 2001 SE Crew Cab 4x4 has failed to start twice in the past 2 weeks. I've owned it 14 months, no problems to complain about except the slightly underpowered engine and bad gas mileage...but when this happened I just turned the key and nothing happened. I waited a few seconds and tried again, and the engine started. Sounds like something electrical to me.
    Also, has anybody noticed if their steering wheel will pull slightly back towards the driver? I accidently pulled back on mine, and it moved towards me a little, not the whole steering column, just the wheel. Kinda scary....
  • jsandyjsandy Posts: 7
    Hi:

I own a 2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab, I have over 60,000 mile on it. It has been reliable and trustworthy, but I had an expensive repair recently. This may address some of the concerns posted here. My service engine light came on, and my truck was havinf trouble starting and running very rough. I figured the 60K tune up would cure it. Took it to my mechanic, and it was an expensive tune up from the get go (estimated at about $500, yikes). Anyway they found a part that was tripping the engine light: a fuel line regulator (about a $100 part with tons of labor to replace it). I was dissappointed by what I paid for all this, but I have to admit the Nissan is running better than new now. I will need tires soon (I have the p265 15inch goodrich, they are really good: about 63,000 and still have tread).

So, ouch. I like my Nissan, my only real complaint is how small the back seat is. Other than that I drive it a lot, get about 20 mpg, and 2 of my children have learned to drive in it.

Maybe that's useful for someof you.
  • andrelaplumeandrelaplume Posts: 934
    My Dad has a 2001 Xterra. He is thinking about the Extended Care coverage. Must you buy this where you purchased the car or can you shop around. What is a good price with the $0 deductible option?
  • jsandyjsandy Posts: 7
    HI

Well, things got worse for my Nissan. I had the fuel line pressure regulator replaced, and it ran great for about one week. Then, it started running really bad, adn it smelt like fuel. Iwas about to go back to the mechanic, when it broke down and left me stranded. I was bummed. I had it towed in and now I find it needs a new Fuel Injector, the theory is when the fuel pressure regulator blew, it put too much pressure in the system adn blew the fuel injector (just one of them). Anyway, my credit card can't take much more of this.

I hate to say it but I am not impressed with Nissan. I know alot of people who have owned and been happy with Nissan products, but I am very disappointed.

To anyone considering what to buy: my advice is GET A TOYOTA.

ps it's taken about a week just to get the part!
This discussion has been closed.