Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mazda

image2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Long-Term Road Test

We've had our 2014 Mazda CX-5 less than two weeks, so we've only managed 700 miles so far. No MPG conclusions can be drawn just yet.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    Why not just exclude the track test fill up altogether instead of waiting weeks/months for it to shake out?
  • actualsizeactualsize Member Posts: 451
    Good point, but I need to leave it in for tracking purposes of miles driven and gallons purchased. And it's almost never an issue because even the first full month is enough to dilute the effects down to the 0.1 mpg level we report. The only reason I brought it up here is because this car hasn't even been here two weeks. I could have skipped the February report altogether because of that, but I didn't. By next month the effects of not excluding it outright will already be nil. But the "worst mpg" that would inevitably result from track testing would be permanent for the entire 12 months, and that's not fair to the car or to the readers.

Twitter: @Edmunds_Test

• glossgloss Member Posts: 150
    Gotta say, Soul Red is an enormous improvement over Velocity Red. What a great color.