Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti I30/I35: Care & Maintenance

2»

Comments

• I bought me 2001 I30 new in Aug. 2000. My rear brakes have always squealed. I replaced both rear calipers, pads and rotors at 37300 miles and still had to do a complete brake job at 46200 miles. Today at 60000 miles they still squeal like all get out. But it is only the rear brakes. My wheels prevent me from inspecting the rotors without pulling the wheels and that is beyond my expertise at my age so I am stuck with my dealer. The car has always been garage kept and used for trips of 180 miles or more. I just doesn't get driven that much. I am going back to my dealer in a week or so to see what can be done. This is stupid.
  • atma97atma97 Posts: 47
    Just to eliminate brake squeak, I suggest to replace stock brake pads with Ceramic brake pads. The pads come with the car is Semi metallic ones. Their dust really make squeaking noise. Dealers do not carry ceramic pads. You can have them at brake shops like Sears. Try this link: http://auto.sears.com/Infiniti-I30-SATISFIED-PRO-CERAMIC-VS-DISC-BRAKE-PAD-SETS/- Product.htm?catalogId=10623&productId=2008447&N=200742836+2000
  • george1960george1960 Posts: 1
    My check engine light came on and I took the car to a dealership where the service mgr. said it was the oxygen sensor warning. He said to replace it was $411.00 plus tax. I declined at the time because the part was not in stock. He also said it may not be a problem until I sel the car and need to get it smog certified. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did it cost to repair/replace?
  • atma97atma97 Posts: 47
    edited May 2011
    I changed 4 Oxygen sensors on my I35 with $50 a piece (Beck/Arnley universal one). My friend who used to work in a Toyota shop did not believe those sensors would last but he helped me to replace them anyway. Now at 60,000 miles after the change at 100,000 miles, the warning light has not been back.
  • bostonguy1bostonguy1 Posts: 16
    edited May 2011
    Hi,

My "Check Engine Light" (on my I35 with 70k miles) came on intermittently for awhile and my mechanic said that it was the O2 sensors. He said that although he could replace them (two sensors), he didn't have the test software required to test them. I waited until I needed an emissions test before going to the dealer. When I did the dealer replaced and test the two senors (there might be four in the car, not sure) and charged me $711.00.
    It fixed the problem.

Note; make sure your first step in solving the Check Engine light is to insure the gas cap tightly on (i.e. 4/5 clicks)
  • I am thinking of buying a 1998 I30 with 108,000 on it. The only thing I really see wrong with this car is that it has a front valve cover leak that I think the dealer is going to fix for me. Both of the hood openers are bad and a fog light is out. With taxes tag and title out the door how does 4000 sound and why so cheap for a supposed luxury car and more expensive for used toyota and other imports?
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,525
    that's not cheap at all. That's full dealer retail.

2»