Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti I35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

12346»

Comments

• fredvhfredvh Member Posts: 857
    jchan2:

Did your I35 have the cold-weather package? What kind of mpg are you getting? The I35 is still on my short list but I have heard from a number of owners that the mpg is not near what the EPA figures state. In this day of high gas prices and the fact that premium is necessary I am very leary of getting a car with low mpg. My closest dealer, about 100 miles away, still wants $26,995(includes cold-weather package) plus transportation for his remaining 4 I35s.
  • teeboneteebone Member Posts: 4
    Thanks jchan2 - just bought it an hour ago. My wife got a Pilot a couple months ago and I wasn't up for another round of bargaining. Turns out this was the only Infiniti dealer in all of NJ (I called every one listed) that had any new i35s left and he told me over the phone the price was not negotiable. It was actually nice not having to go through that process - I did tell him he had to give me a hat to make me feel like I bargained for something!
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    I love my car, and bargained hard. The dealer wanted $27,988 and I told him to "buzz off" in a nicer way. I shopped around, all over the US, and finally decided to give him a chance. I offered $25,500, they countered with $26,995. I said, hey, a dealer in Boston is willing to sell for $25,999, with the Cold Weather Package.(Quirk Infiniti- they still have a few left I think) He said that they'd match it. I said they had to beat it or I'm flying to Boston. They countered with $25,800, and I took it.

Glad to hear you didn't have to bargain. I had to, and it wasn't as pleasant as it could have been.
    I don't have the Cold Weather Package. I'm getting around 19 MPG, with 60% city and 40% highway driving. I took the trip computer's numbers and discounted them a little.

The I35 does not require Premium. I pump regular, but premium will increase your power and fuel economy.

$26,995 is a little high. For an I35 with the Cold Weather Package, I think somewhere between $25,900-$26,250 is reasonable. I know if my dealer was selling me the one Cold Weather Package equipped I35 they had, I would have offered $26,250 tops.

Keep in mind though that the Nissan VPP pricing plan price is around $25,800 for the base model and $26,500 for the I35 w/ Cold Weather.

Nissan VPP Pricing is calculated as: (a dealer told me) 1.65% below invoice, minus all dealer and customer incentives, which in this case would be 1.65% below invoice, minus $2000.
  • jhinscjhinsc Member Posts: 399
    As far as the premium fuel requirement goes, you can get by on regular, but understand that is not the recommended fuel in the owners manual. It's very clear that premium is the recommended fuel to use. Also, keep in mind that as the price of gas goes up, the cost of premium seems to become more of a deal, considering that it's typically only a 10 cent jump from regular to mid-grade and another 10 cents to premium. So the 20 cent premium over $1.30 cost for regular is a 15%+ price premium, while at $2.30 for regular, the 20 cent premium cost is only an 8.7% price premium. It's funny how the price difference between grades doesn't go up along with prices in general. I figure if I'm getting 10-15% better mileage with more power using premium, it more than pays for itself to use premium fuel. :D
    I'm thinking about asking the dealer if I can get one put on prior to pickup. I thought it looked real nice on my older Maxima, but I have never seen one on an I35. How does it look? How much can I expect to pay for one?
    The local dealer wanted $600 for a spoiler on a different I35 from the one I bought. I think you can get it for less though- maybe even ask them to put it on for free.
  • liaisonliaison Member Posts: 49
    Can anyone tell me what invoice is on an I-35? My local dealer has one on the lot with no extras. BTW, what is the cold weather package everyone is talking about?
    Not sure what the invoice is, but I just bought one a couple weeks ago. I called every dealer in NJ and only one had any new I35s - turned out they had 24. The sticker on the car was 31,300. Their price was totally non-negotiable at 25,899 (with no cold weather package). I know part of the cold weather package is heated seats and heated steering wheel, not sure what else you get with it.
    According to KBB two months ago, it was $26,303 including destination, minus dealer incentives for an I35 with no options. Somebody said holdback was another $800 or something, but I couldn't find the holdback on it so I assumed it was $800

The Cold Weather Package includes Heated Front And Rear Seats, Heated Exterior Mirrors and a Heated Steering Wheel.

My I35 doesn't have any factory options, except for a Trunk Mat and Splash Guards, but most I35s come equipped with those anyways.

Hope this helps.
  • mathakidmathakid Member Posts: 4
    I saw online on other websites that there are still some new I35s left, but the ones advertised are all on the East coast or Texas. Does anyone know if there are any new I35s on dealer lots somewhat near the San Francisco Bay Area (or where the closest might be)? Thanks in advance for your help.
    I don't know. Try looking around some dealer websites. I know Infiniti of Cincinnati still has 1, and a few dealers in Boston still have 3-4 left. Most of the I35s left are in the Northeast...

Try looking in Washington State or Oregon... I35s for some reason don't seem to be popular in cold climates... (like the northeast)

It was a challenge finding I35s back in April, so it should be even more of a challenge now...

Although back in February it was pretty easy to find one... (at least in the southeast)

Good luck on finding an I35...
    Are there any brand new I35s left in the nation, or are all the ones for sale used or Certified-Pre-Owned ones?

Is there any chance Infiniti might bring back the I35?
    This board is deathly quiet...
  • casey103casey103 Member Posts: 11
    Took delivery of an 03 35 yestrday. 20k miles. Spoiler. winter package, no nav. 20 months of factory warranty because it wasn't titled until 9/03. Dealer was asking $20k. I bought it for 17.5. It seems like a lot of car for the money. Was this a good deal?
    To me it seems like a good deal.

Congrats on your new I35

I'm lovin' mine after owning it for almost a year. :D
  • shiskashiska Member Posts: 16
    Certainly from where I sit (Eastern Canada) you got an excellent deal.These cars have such an awesome reputation up here they are hard to find and sell at a premium.You could expect to pay at least 5K more for a similar vehicle in this market.Good luck with your new baby.
    Down here in the US they seem to be an unknown car. Except in Nashville where you see quite a few Maximas and I30s and I35s. (relative to ES300s and ES330s, which are quite scarce around here actually)
  • casey103casey103 Member Posts: 11
    Thank you for your post. So far its been great. The car was previously titled in the state of New Jersey. They have front and rear license plates so I am left with two unsightly holes in the front bumper because PA only has a rear plate. I bought a chrome Infinity plate. I am trying to figure out to to mount it properly because it doesn't match the holes in the bumper. Otherwise it's great -- once you get used to the wide turning radius. I love the heated steering wheel. Have a good weekend.
  • arssa2020arssa2020 Member Posts: 5
    Hello
    i am new to this forum,
    i am looking into buying 2000 infinit i30, it has 120k miles, the car seems to be in good shape, clean title, no major mechaninc problems exposed, few dents here and there, color is biege,
    seller asking for $7000, i am just worried about the high mileage and whether infinit has expensive maintenance?????
    what are the major known problems for the infinit i30 (STD edition)?

you think this car is a good buy?
    Regards
    Mo
    As far as I know, Infinitis, except the QX56 are pretty much rock-solid and I wouldn't be worried about the high mleage of the car.

Are you sure $7000 is Edmunds TMV and/or Kelly Blue Book value? To me the prices seem a little high but I haven't looked up the blue book on a 2000 I30 in a while.

Maitenance costs for my I35 haven't been too bad, even though it is dealership maintained.
  • arssa2020arssa2020 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for your reply
    the Private party value on KBB is 7200,
    Edmunds.com Used Car Customized Appraiser priced it @ 6,582

i will bargain with the owner and hopefully convince him to sell around $6500.

Thanks
    I've noticed that KBB values tend to be higher than Edmunds TMV so a good medium would be something in between them.

There is next to no activity in this board anyways as the I35 has been discontinued and apparently a supply of certified/used ones are fairly rare. (my local Infiniti dealer only has 1 certified I35 and 1 non-Certified I30)
  • login4108login4108 Member Posts: 4
    I have been trying to sell my 2002 Infiniti I35 since the beginning of July - have gotten hardly any calls and the ones who want to see it never show up when they say they will.

What am I doing wrong? The price is commensurate with book value.

It is a beautiful car, but I can't keep it since I moved to NYC. My parents have the car and aren't too happy they have to deal with the selling and keeping the car in the garage. :)

If anyone wants to buy this car it is in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area. It is Black/black leather/all luxuries.

Help if you can with some tips on selling it. THANKS.
    Have you tried selling it to an Infiniti dealer? Depending on your milage, an Infiniti dealer would have an easier time selling it than you would have therefore they may be more willing to buy from you.

Also you could list it on CraigsList or eBay or something.

And if nothing else works, you may have to try a price cut. But I'd hit up the NYC Infiniti dealerships first and see if they want to buy the car from you.
    Thanks for the dealer idea.

The car is in PA - I will give that a try.

Craiglist is where I have it and other places.

THANK YOU for the reply.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    One other thing.... Even if you are asking book price.. If you aren't getting calls, then your price is likely to high..

That goes for just about anything...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Got a call today. :)

They wanted it but a thousand below book price.

What do you think?
    I guess it depends on how bad you need the cash- if you really need to dump the car, I'd take a thousand below book and cut my losses.

If I really could wait for better offers, I'd probably continue to hit up those NYC Infiniti dealerships (there is probably a dozen of them or so in the greater NYC area)

I have to admit though, a thousand dollars below book isn't a bad offer. Perhaps you could negotiate a little and meet somewhere in the middle, perhaps somewhere around $500 below book.
    THANKS - we sold it to someone $1,000 below book price, but at least no more car payments for my son.

THANKS to everyone for their advice and assistance.

Wish it had been in NYC - it would have sold more easily than in Pittsburgh, PA.

Have a great day.
    Congrats on making the sale :)
This discussion has been closed.