Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti I35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rroyce10rroyce10 Posts: 9,359
    ..... The M45 has been out for a couple of years now .. the "new" M35/45 will be out in another week and your looking at $43/$45+ .. drive the I35 and see what you think, the 04 I35 is pretty strong on the used car side - dealers are paying the strong $22/$23ish range at the auctions and seeing $25/$26 on the Retail side for the ones with 7/10k ... if you could get a new one for the $27ish range that would be a deal .............................. :)

Terry.
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    The dealership's internet department has offered me two interesting situations:

A: A brand new 2004 Infiniti I35 with no options but a few accessories: Price: $27,988

B: A used 2003 Infiniti I35 with the Cold Weather Package and "low miles" for about five thousand less- or around $22,900. I have asked the dealership for details on this used car.

Thoughts? Opinions? I plan on test driving the I35 very soon.
    ...... You need to find out what "low miles" means, there's a big difference between 12k and 30k value wise - CPO.? .. run a Carsmack and check the service history in the service department after you drive it ...

Terry.
    on the 03' I35 are as follows:

Sport Package

Cold Weather Package

about 21K miles

Owned by dealership owner's father

Price: $23,985 with CPO warranty; $23,100 without CPO warranty
  • jhinscjhinsc Posts: 399
    The big differences between the the 04 and the 03 are in the sports package and cold weather package. You get uniques wheels and wider tires, stability control, a slightly lower ride height, heated seats, heated mirrors, and heated steering wheel. When new, the price of the two packages was about $2,350. So now the difference is now over $7,000, if the 04 could be comparably equipped. I think you can dicker on the 03 a bit and get them down to maybe the $22k area. I would drive them back to back so you can feel the difference between the sport pkg and non-sport pkg.
    The dealership has said that it would have been gone by Monday, so I let it pass. Whether that statement was true or just a ploy to get me to rush in and buy a car I won't know, but it seems like the dealer will be much more willing to negotiate on the price of the 04 than the 03.
  • fredvhfredvh Posts: 853
    Does the '04 I35 have the Sports Pkg.? There is not a sports pkg. anymore but does that mean that all of the '04s have it as standard equipment?

My insurance company quotes me insurance for the I35 as $200-$300 per year more than cars such as the Camry XLE, etc. Does anyone know why that is?
    The sports package was discontinued for the 04 model year. Most of the equipment that came with the package was dropped and not included in the standard package. When I bought my 02 model, I liked the ride a little better in the standard model, but I wanted the stability control, which was only available with the sports package.

I currently pay less than $1,400 for a 12 month premium for my I35 and ML320. I was paying more before, but shopped around when my policy came up for renewal in Sept.04.
    About how much is the insurance for the I35? Is it significantly higher than the rate on cars like the Accord, Camry and Maxima?
    Obviously, the insurance amount you pay will vary based on your driving record, where you live and if the car you're driving is more prone to theft. In CA, I paid about $850/6 mo, but here in SC, I pay under $700 for 12 mo. I have previously owned an Acura CL and RL, VW Beetle and Nissan Maxima. They were all about the same in CA. So I don't personally think the I35 is any more expensive to insure than other cars.
  • $28K for a base I35 seems like a ripoff to me. I bought at the end of September (in Virginia) and paid $26.5 + $295 dest + TTL for an I35 w/ cold/sirius/mud/cargo. I would think you could get a base I35 for under $26K, depending upon your area. I would certainly aim for the $25-$26K range. Good luck.
    Wow. That's a good deal. Apparently my market (Nashville, TN) is pretty slow. The Lexus dealer is prosperous, but otherwise all the other dealers have a pretty good number of cars on the lot.

I will try for somewhere between $24,500-$26,000, for a base I35 with no options at all and the 1.9 APR/36 months financing.

Did you get the 1.9/2.9 APR offer?
    I've decided to wait another month to buy, betting that Infiniti corporate will tack on more Factory-Dealer incentives that I can take advantage of. Hopefully the dealer will dicker a little. I guess I'll find out how much the Factory-Dealer incentive is when I walk in and try to bargain down.

Other factors working in my favor: The M35 is coming, the dealership is moving to a new dealership store by mid summer (they'd probably need to free up some cash stuck in those I35s) and it is last year's model. Hopefully I can walk out the door with a great bargain.

What do you guys think about my bet that Infiniti corporate will tack on more incentives?
    ....... The final dealer money was dropped just before the first of the year, so the dealers have had access to that cash for some time now - and not to sound smart, but just because one person posts a "buy" figure doesn't make it Gospel, perhaps other variables like a trade-in, who knows .. and it's not like Infiniti to double up, especially when there is less than 200 units left in the country, plus the used 04's are doing strong money at the auctions .. as far as the M35/45 coming out, it should just encourage a I30 buyer, especially when there is going to be a $20,000 difference between the two vehicles ..

But you never know, another month can't hurt, except maybe for your ability to get the color and/or options you like ... give it a whirl and see what happens ................ :)

Terry.
    It seems to me if you're wanting to save that last bit of money on a new car, maybe you should consider a low mileage 02-04 model, and save significantly more.

I know the next time I'm in the market for another car, I'm strongly considering going that route so I don't have to pay for the first year depreciation.
    Why are the used I35s doing so strongly on the used car end? There has to be a reason.
    ..... Some vehicles do better on the used side than on the new side, look at the old body style Altima's ... I35's have a great history reliabilty wise, super warranty, great dealer network, the size works for the large market, they're priced right, and then of course you have that prestige thing going on ....

Terry.
    Can someone help me with the possible purchase of the I35? Is the ride better now than in the 2000 model I30? My son has the I30 and it is not a very good ride(does not absorb bumbs well). Have things on the I35 changed in reference to the ride?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,890
    Since this discussion is specifically about pricing, you're more likely to get feedback in our regular Infiniti I35 discussion, where owners hang out.

kirstie_h

Roving Host

Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Are you looking to buy a new I35 or a used one? For a new one you can just walk into the local dealer and take a test drive. A used one might be a little more complicated.

I'm in the market too, and the value for the money outweighs all the other factors (Great reliability and rear seat legroom help too)
    Went to take a test drive today. Tested a Diamond Graphite one with a Graphite (Black) interior. Really liked the car, but the dealer said that their sale price ($27,988) was the lowest. I highly doubt that. Hopefully they'll call me back soon, or maybe I'll make an offer. I know for sure that I won't pay anything over $27,000 for an I35.
  • mrl39mrl39 Posts: 1
    At the end of January I purchased a 2004 I35,from Quirk Infiniti, Boston, MA - Black with Beige interior, Rear Spoiler, Trunk Mat,and Rear Splash Guards. MSRP $31,850. I was able to negotiate a purchase price of $26,000 before title and taxes. I thought this was a good deal. Most dealers are looking to move the 2004 I35's I would think you can do better than $27,000 depending upon the options.

Great car!!
    Does anyone know what kind of manufacturer-to-dealer support there is at this time?
    In January, it was $2000 Manufacturer-Dealer Cash and the local dealer told me that all incentives for January were carried over for February, so I'm assuming the $2000 still applies.

If the dealer won't budge, I'll go north and find other dealers. Or, I'll drive to the local Lexus dealer, pay more and pick out a 2005 ES330.
    .... The final $2,000 incentive was received by the dealers by Jan 1st .. that's why it would be possible to purchase a new 04 for the $26ish range, if that doesn't work for you, perhaps it would be better to move on ....

Terry.
    Is the final $2000 incentive in addition to the previous $2000 manufacturer-to-dealer incentive which brings the total to $4000?
    no. That's the incentive I was referring to.
    is being carried over month to month until Infiniti gets rid of all I35s. (I think. Wouldn't that be the sensible thing to do from Infiniti's point of view?)
    What is the discount on the I35 for Nissan employees? I have a friend who works at Nissan-Smyrna and gave me a copy of his badge to use to get a discount.
    I ended up buying a base I35 in Brilliant Silver for $25,800, before taxes and other things like that. I didn't use employee pricing, but it'd be the same in the end anyways.
This discussion has been closed.