Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo XC90 SUV

1239240241242243245»

Comments

• dznjdznj Posts: 7
    Hidden hitch goes on in about 10-15 minutes. Then you can put a Thule rack into the hitch. No wiring is required. That's the setup I have on my '04 XC90.
  • xc92xc92 Posts: 8
    Has anyone bought and used the Shur Grip SUPER Z 6 Snow Chains on their XC90? According to Shur Grip the SUPER Z 6 Chain has a 1/4" tolerance for vehicle woth a tight Chain fit like the XC90. I checked the Front Tire Clearance with the Front Spring Assembly and there is around 3/4"-7/8" Clearance there. Looks like the Shur Grip would work. Please let me know...Thanks
    I love my XC90. It is a 2008 3.2. We picked up ours in Sweden. Volvo flew us over to the factory. We put 2000 miles on it driving through Sweden, Denmark, and Germany. I have not had One Issue with mine; it has 17,000 miles on it. The pleasant thing was that we camped in the XC90 over iin Sweden and Germany. I am 6" 5" tall and I fit fine with all the seats down except for the front seats.

The XC90 drives like a spoirts car but has the room for us big guys too. On the road I was able to get as much as 26 MPG. In the city driving, which eats up gas for anyone, the vehicle gets around 17.8-18 MPG.

Hummmm, to change something? I have thought really hard about this....Nothing..It is a beautiful Vehicle and we love ours!!
    Hi..I have checked into this and the BEST Snow Chain I have found is the Scc Super Z 6 Chain. The Volvo has the minimum Clearance between the tire and the Strut. This chain is made for no more than 1/4 inch Maximum Clearance.
  • Regarding you inquiry ....I, too, have investigated the bike rack issue.
    My Volvo dealer , has 2 that can be placed on the roof.
    The more expensive one operates on a sort of crane system... the other (cheaper) works with pure muscle !
    I decided, rather, to disengage the front wheel which are quick release equipped. I lay a tarp in the bed of the XC90 and bungie the bike(s) using the anchoring hooks. It works just great.
    No worrys about the bike or bikes being stolen at at the trail, in the city or at night. Moreover, there is still room for 2 and appropriate gear " not including the kitchen sink", of course !. ;)
    Let me know if you find some good alternative....but this works fine for me and it is very cost effective !I :)
  • army03wifearmy03wife Posts: 2
    Anyone have a recommendation for an after market seller to buy a hitch from? Either on-line or brick & mortar. I live in Atlanta. I plan to tow a 4x6 u-haul trailer

Volvo XC90, 2009
  • wzhao68wzhao68 Posts: 15
    Hi there,
    I have a 2008 XC90 on a 48-month lease ending next February. I love XC90, and actually this is my second one, but since the buyout price going to high (so I learned last time), I'll not buy it from the bank. Since there are some dents and scratches on the car, I'd like to make sure I have most of stuff taken care of before the inspection. Could someone give me some good practice advice on this one? What I understand is that once they inspect the car, I won't have the chance to fix the spots that I'm charged for, and their repair price is always higher.
    Thanks,

David
  • Hi all,

I was wondering if, in your opinion, the 3.2 engine provides enough power for the XC90 in an AWD configuration. I found mixed opinions in professional reviews.

Thanks!
  • bigeddybigeddy Posts: 180
    It depends on how you drive. I have the 2.5T which has slightly less hp and torque than the 3.2 and consider it very well suited to the XC90. I even tow a small travel trailer in the mountains at times. But I do not drag race and I anticipate when to pass. If you are used to power-on-demand in all situations, the V8 would be a better fit.
  • Has anyone had any issue with their XC 90 shutting down and losing power at highway speeds? Was traveling on the interstate Tuesday and it just shut down without warning. No warning lights at all. Would not start for a hour or so and by the time it arrived at the garage, it started right up. Any ideas?
  • I'm looking at an 2007 XC90. CarFax said that it was never in an accident but showed, among other things:

axle shaft replaced after 65,000 miles;
    electrical system checked at 65,000 miles;
    front wheel bearings replaced at 70,000 miles;
    engine/powertrain computer/module reprogramed at 81,500 miles;
    battery charging system checked at 80,000 miles; and
    electrical system checked at 82,000 miles.

Are these red herrings? Do XC90's have issues with axle shafts or electrical systems? Is checking electrical system standard? I'm assuming that the driver was reporting electrical problems and the dealer couldn't identify/fix. Thanks.

Wouldn't bother you but can't afford to buy another lemon. :cry:
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,950
    edited August 2012
    Different car, but I got a set of WR-G2s for my older Outback last January. It gets driven mostly in the winter here in the UP of Michigan, but I do the occasional longer road trip in it, so went with those instead of a pure winter tire. I plowed through a 2 foot plus high by 4 foot wide snow berm in a ski area parking lot soon after I got them and the little wagon plowed right through it (honest, I thought there was an aisle there :blush: ). Was impressed, especially since I got stuck at the same ski hill on the road shoulder on the worn tires the year before.

The "winter" tires will probably be even better if you do a lot of snow and ice driving.

Don't really have enough miles on them to say how they'll hold up over time.

I paid $528 for mine installed (205/70R15) at a regular tire store down near Detroit, so I hope the discount is better than what your link says. Mine were ~$114 each plus $42 install fees and taxes.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,881
    If they are your "only" tires, then I'd definitely get the WR-G2.. If you are swapping out for winter tires, each season, then go with the dedicated snows...

Those pure winter tires will wear out very fast in the other three seasons....

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,950
    "Volvo has confirmed that its next-generation XC90 will be launched at the end of 2014, the first of several new models based around a modular platform known as SPA or Scalable Product Architecture.

The automaker also confirmed that it is replacing its current family of engines with a new family of four-cylinder engines. The four-cylinder engines are expected to feature direct fuel injection and turbocharging."

Next Volvo XC90 Set for Late 2014 Debut
  • christchurchchristchurch Posts: 125
    edited August 2013
    Question: Is it necessary to replace the timing chain at 120,000 miles ? My service advisor at my Volvo dealer indicated the it is part of 2006 Volvo XC 90 regular maintenance. So is it just recommended or necessary ?
  • Do you have the V8? I don't think timing chains need replacing like the timing belts did. Look in your owners manual or Google it. Dealers like to sell things you don't need. Until they do the free 3 year maintenance then a lot of things they recommended are then not longer recommended.