Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Altima Accessories and Modifications

Comments

• bv050506bv050506 Posts: 97
    I have a 3.5SE and have tried both. You'll get one or two miles more on premium, and better performance. I get suprisingly good mileage on regular around town, say 22. On the highway with premium i've gotten 28.2
  • krath69krath69 Posts: 2
    thanks for the info i appreciate it greatly. yeah i got the xm. it rocks, loving the squizz and bone yard stations. does anybody else notice that the yellow warning comes on that u need gas when your in between the E and quarter of a tank and also the range starts blinking. i was wondering how many you can go further when that starts blinking.
  • jd10013jd10013 Posts: 779
    I've pushed about 30 after blinking. at that point, i needed 17 gallons to fill up. considering it has a 20 gallon tank, could have got more. but, not sure how much of that 20 gallons is useable. they always put the inlet a few inches off the bottom of the tank.

but speaking of warning lights, I had one come on the other day for low windshield wiper fluid. can't help but wonder what else the car will warn me about. :)
  • bv050506bv050506 Posts: 97
    My light goes on when it says I've got about 35 to 40 miles left, say two gallons. But it was interesting to note a post a few back about there always being 1 gallon left so water doesn't get into your engine...never knew that. The little yellow exclamation point is light anytime a warning exists. Kinda in addition to the center orange cluster warning.
  • flashg1flashg1 Posts: 1
    I just got my new altima 07 2.5S on the 20th and am wanting to get a hitch for my bikes as well (so i dont have to drive the pathfinder around). can you please take some pics of your car with the hitch on and email them to me?

jason.geisler@gmail.com

thanks.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    No need for email - everyone has a CarSpace page where they can post their pics for all to see! :-) Check the MyCarSpace link at the top of the page.
  • I bought a base 2007 Altima, I'm looking into getting possibly an "after market", satelitte radio or GPS navagation. But I'm looking into keeping my car close to factory as possible, by looking to find a factory antenna. Would anyone know how to retrieve such an antenna and if so, would it be compatible to a satelitte radio?
  • I have a teenager. Is it possible to recall where they have been?
  • mm99mm99 Posts: 25
    Hi, I've just bought a new 07 Altima SE with tech package, which forced a rear spoiler on me. I dislike spoilers strongly enough to bother to get rid of it, but somehow everyone else seems to like them. So anyone without a spoiler would want to swap the trunk lids? It's precision gray and has a rearview camera (so yours should have it too, which means yours would be a 07-08 SL with tech package). I'm near Boston.
  • Just letting you know, I was vehemtly opposed to the spoiler as well. When my car arrived it had the spoiler and initially I was upset about it. As time went on, and all the positive feedback I got about it, I learned to actually like it. Because it isn't raised and naturally comes from the truck makes it more palatable for me. Perhaps you should give it a couple of weeks. Good luck with your search. It may be even cheaper to just have Nissan send you a new lid! All the best.
  • ken75ken75 Posts: 52
    We just purchased a 2008 Altima 2.5 SL and none of the packages included fog lights. Nissan wants $310.00 for the parts and I don't know how much for the install, or maybe that includes the install, I'm not sure. Can anybody point me to an after market dealer for fog lights? Thank you
  • Good morning, I am not sure if you have already purchased a set of fog lights, but a company on ebay who is a whole seller for Nissan parts. Here is their item number 140198158256 for the fog lights, I have already purchased them and installed. Hope this helps.
  • ken75ken75 Posts: 52
    Thank you, I'll give it a shot.
  • jresjres Posts: 69
    Does any one know about removing the shift knob on a 2008 2.5 sedan with a six speed? I make my own and would love to replace this one, but the reverse lockout button/lever concerns me. Most knobs just unscrew, but is the lockout lever connected to the knob?
  • i have a 2002 3.5 as well and i love it...first thing i did was change out the intake to a cold air and what a difference...the sound is amazing after 4k rpm....next was the exhaust and put on apex n1 mufflers with titanium tips and cut out the resonator...u can see a big difference in performance from stock with these upgrades..the only bummer is there are a lot of maf sensor problems with an intake on 02 models...i bog alot at mid rpm's right now..
  • Bummed out! The Altima with the NAV can not support the ipod interface cable...was told either install the cable and give up your rear camera or get the model w/out the nav. I'm leaning on going without the Nav for full functionality of the IPOD and saving about $2k....what do you think?
  • I Recently bought a dark slate 2008 nissan altima 2.5 s with a convience plus package, i love my car but the only problem is that i see too many nissan altima's, so i wanted to make my altima unique.... but i really cant think of any thing to do. First i wanted to instal a pop out dvd player but im thinking that when it comes out it will block my a/c...... if any one has suggestions please let me know
  • Here's what I did that added a lot of character to the car....get the windows darkened! I have dark slate also and it adds a lot to the looks. I'm also considering a new grille. I have wider tires than the stock Protanza's and they add to the look as well. Can't help you with the dvd player, just redirect the air to other vents.
  • do you have a picture... i already had tinted my car windows and also the a/c vents cannot be redirected because it is the main three