Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Altima Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• rugmankcrugmankc Posts: 133
    I have a 94 Altima, and the last year or so I have been having debris from outside come thru the vents and into the car. Some is large like whole twirly birds. The cowel screens look good and I dropped the blower motor and cleaned squirrel cage. Not much there. I think something has deteriorated and fallen out or something was removed and not replaced during some AC work done under the dash. I know nothing about this stuff, but it seems there is now a direct route from outside to the back of all the air vents inside the car, and when the fan runs this stuff is blown through all three. Air filter is in place and clean.

Need to solve this, since otherwise the car is running great.

Ken
  • tomb13tomb13 Posts: 1
    I've got a 97 altima, manual tranny. It knocks when i coast into stops, but only when in gear, not when clutch is pushed it. anyone know or experience this problem?
  • rosealeerosealee Posts: 1
    What year is your Altima? I have been experiencing problems after driving my Nissan Altima.
  • jft26jft26 Posts: 35
    I have 41K on my 2006 Altima 2.5L. Does anyone know the maintenance interval for the PCV Valve? How much does the dealer service cost to replace it? How easy is it to replace yourself? Thank you.
  • skinsfan3skinsfan3 Posts: 78
    When it comes to car repair, I operate under the concept "if it ain't broken, don't fix it,"
  • I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to but i had a 1999 Altima and after about two years, whenever it would rain hard or when i would wash the car, the floor behind the passenger;s seat would get soaking wet. Took it to the delaer and they replaced the rubber gasket that site on the ledge of the door at the top where the window goes up and down. No more leaks. Hope this helps.
  • skinsfan3skinsfan3 Posts: 78
    In the past, I found that leaks in the trunk came from misalignment of the rear trund lid in the event the car may have been rear ended. At other times, I had new gaskets installed by firms that did windshield repairs. That was fairly inexpensive.
  • epecepec Posts: 16
    Hi, A/C of my 2000 nissan altima does not work this year. I have the garage to check it and was told a leak form high and low side schrader valves. also they wanted to recharge with super-seal pro, the toal cost me 350$. My understanding the schrader valves are the port where I rechage 134a and seems the part is very cheap. also the whole can of super-seal pro on amazon is only 25$. Any suggestion here whether I can do it myself. any one know a good part store I can but the schrade valves (with cap I belive). Thanks
  • jd10013jd10013 Posts: 779
    if you don't know anything about refrigeration, or air conditioning; and you don't have the correct tools or gauges; then I wouldn't mess with it.
  • normhnormh Posts: 31
    My wifes '02 4 cylinder has a small problem. Some times when she starts it, there is a short period of vibration that is coming form an ignition misfire. It la :confuse: ts only a few seconds and is over. The car runs fine at all other times.

Any suggestions???
  • forthillforthill Posts: 31
    Some clown drove too close to my Altima and knocked out the drivers side view mirror. He didn't knock off the entire non-movable housing but the mirror broke and a little of the outer edge of the mirror housing. I called Nissan and said I wanted to purchase the mirror all they gave me was just the mirror panel but when I tried installing it it looks like there is yet another piece that sits between the mirror panel and the mechanical part still on the door.

Does anyone have a maintenance/repair/shop manual for the 2008 Altima that can tell me what the parts is that I need to order (other than the panel which I just bought which is part 96302-JB15E)

Thanks,
    Walt
  • jtap0916jtap0916 Posts: 3
    I have a 1998 Altima and this happened to me too. When I turn on the headlights, the clock, radio, speedometer & tachometer lights turn off. The radio and clock works fine. When I turn off the headlights the radio lights turn back on. Is this a fuse or a switch problem? Thanks for your time.
  • jtap0916jtap0916 Posts: 3
    How do you fix the windshield washer tank or reservoir? Do i have to replace it? I read in Popular Mechanic's that you can use Permatex Plastic Tank Repair Kit from an auto parts store to fix the cracked tank. Is this true?
  • jd10013jd10013 Posts: 779
    it may be true, but the easiest thing would proabably be to go to a junk yard and get one. probably $10 or so if you take it out yourself.
  • danny44danny44 Posts: 14
    It's the bad design from Nissan that caused lot of problem on intake manifold leaks

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Nissan/Altima/2001/engine/shakes_when_idling.shtml
  • danny44danny44 Posts: 14
    It's the bad intake manifold gasket
  • jeep20jeep20 Posts: 1
    I am having the same problem, what was the end result with your altima?
  • kileekilee Posts: 1
    Great car until... it just quit on me. i was parking and pulled forward hit the brake put it in reverse then it died. battery is great(brand new) i cant even get the interior lights to come on no power to any thing. at first i thought ignition switch then neutral safety but now im not so sure there is no power to anything.... any suggestions? i would greatly appreciate some.
  • cybercoolcybercool Posts: 117
    Hi all,
    My drivers side power seat control wont work. I can still move forward and backwards and slant. The control that lowers and raises the legs and buttocks is not working.

Is it a fuse thing? Is it a DO-IT-YOURSELF thing I can fix?

Thanks
    jim
  • WoW. This is one problem I would not get into. You know, one of those seemingly 5 minute jobs that takes forever, except if someone tells you that a fuse needs replacement.