Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• newbie2carsnewbie2cars Posts: 15
    edited January 2012
    The price offered by an independent used car dealership is 17K but they don't negotiate at all and they don't finance. I checked with the bank and with the down payment and all, the interest rate would be 6.9% (which I think is really high for someone with an excellent credit)... Anyway, the real question is that with the interest, is the car worth buying? It is loaded with heated leather seats, keyless ignition, and all the cool stuff but I just don't know if it's worth it... On the other hand, I'm getting a new 2012 Sentra SL (leather seats, no navigation) for $19K OTD with 0% financing for 34 months... Which is a better deal if I make a 5K downpayment? Thanks, everyone!

EDIT: I read that some people used other sources than bank to finance their car... could someone tell me what they used? The bank rate is ridic!! :cry:
  • Banks will almost always have high rate than credit unions. Try penfed & nwfcu. If you have excellent credit, you should qualify for either at 1.99 and 1.49% respectively.
  • srigosrigo Posts: 1
    I think i paid the Lowest price ever for a New Nissan Altima,

This is in March 2011, i Purchased a Nissan Altima Base 2.5 (Model without stereo) no accessories included

15,400 (Cost of car including Destination) + 599 (Dealer Fee) + Tax (3%) + Title

I got this deal in Team Nissan in Atlanta GA, i got this deal from Truecar. i kept on searching this kind of price but couldn't find it again,

Yesterday i went to Nissan of Stafford to buy a base Altima for my Cousin and Price he purchased is 15,600(Car cost not including destination)+750(Destination)+ 599 (Dealer fee) + tax.

good thing is the car included kick plates, 5 piece floor mats, under car lighting practically nullifying the 750 destination he paid extra (Comparing to my deal)

Note: Both of us don't qualify for Military Discount but are Eligible for Graduate Discount of $500

milol -- do you qualify for Military discount? Because when we called DAR Card he said to get ur Pricing we need to qualify for Military Discount
  • Thanks, will try that. As far as '09 Altima or '12 Sentra goes, which one is a better pick?
  • Can't go wrong with either.. but really depends on what you want it for.. They are cars from two different categories.

Altima: Larger, more roomy, bigger trunk space, but lower mileage
    Sentra: Smaller/compact, but pretty good mileage

Decide the size, then compare the price between a used and new car for the same car..
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,640
    Better to buy a new car than a used one if price is the same. New car comes with the warranty...a good thing to have. Used have other drivers who might not treat a car the way you do. Go for the new Sentra SL...I really like 'em, especially the red one I sat in at the dealer last month.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• ohlodeohlode Posts: 4
    edited January 2012
    Bought yesterday. Slate exterior; frost interior. MSRP was $22,570.00, plus splash guards, floor & trunk mats and destination charge ($760. to Boise, ID) for a total window sticker retail price of $23,650.00. The dealer's no hassle, no haggle price was $17999.00. (not including Tax, Title, Tags.) I added their similiar after market alloys and Nissan all weather mats for another $600.00, plus tax. I actually liked the look of the after market alloys (Vision Wheel) better than OEM alloys. After comparing the Camry, Sonata, Optima, and the Accord this vehicle won hands down in overall value. The Altima is my second Nissan (2008 Pathfinder) and I highly recommend this manufacturer and Dennis Dillion Nissan on Fairview in Boise.
    **note: Nissan's $750 rebate was contingent on Nissan financing (3.29 % APR for 60 months) That was .04 % higher than my Credit union rate.
    Summation: Couldn't get the other 4 dealers below $21K for a comparably equipped vehicle. Toyota dealer was even higher and the other Nissan dealer wouldn't match this price. Hope this is helpful!
    This dealer had the base 2.5 Altima during Xmas vacation for $15888.00. Sold all four in a few days. Just driving around the city the last two days I'm getting 27.7 to 28.0 mpg. Very impressed with the CVT transmission with manual shifting and the intelligent key. This is a lot of car for $18K... Not a "soft ride" but solid and responsive.
  • That's a great deal indeed! I agree, Altima is a very smooth drive - I am talking after test driving Accord, Camry, Sonata, and this on the same road which includes some speed bumps, rough roads, and freeway. The car was atleast on par with Accord in smoothness, and way better than Camry. Sonata was the last in my rank, although it was good value for money overall. The only question with Altima is the long-term reliability (i.e. will it go to 200k miles without major problems like the Accord and Camry.. but that's a gamble I am willing to take right now).

In retrospect, I think I could have gone for the 2.5 Base model instead of 2.5S, and bought my own audio player with bluetooth built-in (the add-on package on 2.5S that includes Bluetooth is expensive IMO). The base model comes with 4 speakers (2.5S comes with 6), but that would have been enough for me. The base model has all the wiring in place to quickly install an after-market audio player.

Anyone has suggestions for good in-car bluetooth that are not too expensive on the wallet (and no monthly fees like onstar)?
  • I paid 15999+tax (Calif) for 2012 base altima 2.5
    Thats it, no extra charges.
    Also I got the new color - dark slate !!
    This was a dealer adv price in Bay area.
  • Just signed the contract with a dealer for a 2012 Altima 2.5 base with free Floor and Trunk Mats, free service plan (oil and tire rotation), free navigation. About $16300 OTD including everyting. Capital region NY.
  • Does a 2.5 base come with Navigation?
  • walletlesswalletless Posts: 40
    edited January 2012
    No. Base 2.5 is really base. No music/mp3, no navigation, no iltelligentkey. It does come with 4 speakers and its wired so you can easily install an aftermarket music/mp3 player and save $$. The 2.5S comes with music/mp3, 6 speakers, and intelligentkey.
    I like this car more and more. 27.9 to 28.0 mpg around the city. I like the dual exhaust tips and the sporty look of the Vision Wheel alloys I purchased along with the all weather mats. This is the second time I've bought all weather mats (2008 Pathfinder) and I just leave them in year round.
    For the money, this is the best sedan I've seen at the best price. Nissan has it figured out. They give you more for less.
    Love the Dark Slate with Frost interior.
  • No. The navigation device should be a separate one from the dealer.
  • iceliiceli Posts: 1
    hi joejoewong, I am also looking at this car these two days, however i cannot get a good OTD from nearby dealers even lower than 18000 :( Would you please send me anonymized invoice to toloice@gmail.com, thank you so much! -Li
  • cmyawncmyawn Posts: 36
    edited January 2012
    Just leased a 2012 Altima Sedan, 2.5S w/ SL, Tech, Conv, Conv+, Premium Audio, Spoiler, Splash Guards, Fog Lights, Floor/Trunk Mats, MSRP = 31,140. Black w/ blond leather. Sales price, $28,096 (quoted as $800 below invoice, and based upon truecar that appears true, edmunds price calculator seems off a bit (yielded $28,847, but the MRSP was off by $160 on edmunds.com)). $825 lease rebate, $500 loyalty rebate, $500 MLK weekend rebate all applied to take the total sales price to $26,271. Up-front costs are a total of $823.21, including doc ($397.90), tags ($73), first payment (283.43), and $68.88 in taxes. Payments are $275.17 plus $8.26 3% NC tax for a total of 283.43. 39 month lease, 12,000 miles per year. $595 acquisition fee rolled into the lease. I was going to lease for 36 months, but the dealer pointed out that going to 39 months saved about $14 a month, and that Nissan was offering early outs on their leases (they did offer that to me in September, for my 2009 Altima that I turned in). So I went for 39 months.

Dealer was Michael Jordan Nissan in Durham, NC. I had 3 other dealers willing to take $800 to $1000 off the invoice for a new Altima, plus the $1825 off for rebates, but this dealership had the car that most closely met our option/color needs (Black was my wife's second choice on color, she really wanted Tuscan Sun, but there was not one in the state of NC w/ the Technology Package). I tried to get the dealer to $1000 off invoice, but he was firm at $800 off. I did all the negotiations by email/phone. Got to the dealership, everything was as promised and I was in/out in 75 minutes, which included the paperwork for my new car, the paperwork for my 2009 Altima lease turn-in, changing/verifying my insurance coverage, and transferring all my maps/tools/junk from the old car to the new one. No attempt to up-sell me on unwanted paint sealant, nitrogen in tires, maintenance agreements, etc. I rate this dealer A+.

In addition, NMAC has committed to waive the $395 disposition fee on my 2009 Altima lease since I leased a new Altima through NMAC. I count that as another incentive, bringing the total in incentives to $2220. Love the new car!
  • Just got a 2.5SL, Silver, black leather, Premium Audio, Convenience pkgs, ground lighting. Invoice $8K, paid $22,848. LOVE the car! Went on truecar.com through Consumer Reports and printed out certificate...dealership honored price. Was there for 4 hours, but it was a holoiday weekend...very busy.
  • Does anyone know the pricing of the Maintenance Plus? Is it worth it? I'm in the NY Tri-state area.
  • I just bought a new 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S with Annv Package on Jan 16 in San Antonio, TX.

I got the 2.5S with Anniversary package + Carpeted floor mats + Aluminum kick plates + Splash Guards + 0% APR + 0 down payment + Grad discount.

The car was listed at some $24770 or so.

I got it out of door for USD 20500. I could have got it for USD 19000 (OTD) but have to lose USD 1500 discount as I wanted the 0% apr.

I love the car and hope I got a good deal. What do you guys say?
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    Sounds like you got a good deal, I found the bottom line price for that model at $21,083.00 with just the $1500.00 rebate. Can you break down the price as I too am from San Antonio. Also what dealerdhip did you purchase from?
  • Is this $22,848 OTD Price?
  • No before tax, title, tags...
  • Price of the car(After all the discounts from dealership & Nissan):- 20020
    Grad Discount : - 500
    MLK weekend Discount:- 500(I think they are still running it)
    TTL - > 1480.
    with 0% Apr + 0 downpayment.

Actually I did some comparision shopping. I first got the price from Ancira Nissan, they were offering me the same car to me at 21,180 OTD. Then I asked Ingram Park Nissan if they could beat the price. They said yes & sold it to me at $20500 OTD.
    Hope this helps!
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    Thanks for the information. I checked the Gunn website and see they have one listed at $18,108 so I plan on checking with them to see if there's a catch on that price. How do you like the car thus far?
  • cfundocfundo Posts: 4
    edited January 2012
    Guys, can anyone tell me what a "good" deal is in OTD price for a 2012 Nissan Altima Anniversary edition in NYC or Brooklyn? I'm trying to buy one next week and want to know what people have been able to get in OTD price.
  • 2012 Altima 2.5S (Con, Con+, SL PKG) w/ floor mats, trunk organizer, splash guard (included)

MSRP $27,990
    Sticker $27,800

OTD $25,200
  • sbs9sbs9 Posts: 7
    Depends on where you are and what your tax rate is.

I'm shopping for basically the same Altima SL (MSRP 28k +/-) and here in Pittsburgh the best price I've gotten is $25.6k before incentives and tax, which makes your deal look good.

A couple hours down the road in MD I can get it for $23.4k before incentives and tax, which makes your deal look not so good.

Shop around.
  • Thx

I bought that car cuz I bet the price I got is the best.
    The dealer I bought a car from is in IL and tax rate is 6.25%.
    Before incentives and tax, the car price I got is $24,947.
    I bet you better drive 2hrs down and get that babe and hope this could help you :)
  • cfundocfundo Posts: 4
    I am about to buy a Nissan Altima 2.5S with the 20th Anniversary package for $20,500 (plus NY taxes and NY DMV fees = $22,627). I will also get the 0% financing (could get it for $1,500 less if I go with a different financing option and get the $1,500 cash back).

What do you think?