Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• According to Edmunds, the invoice for the 2013 2.5 SL Tech with the accessories you specified is 27,829. Your sale price was $1869 below invoice! Even if I put on my skeptic hat on and say that the $200 dealer fee should be included in this calculation, $1669 below invoice is an unbelievable price for the 2013 model now. I don't know if you could have done 27.5k

I am assuming this does not include any manufacturer incentives.
  • I got the 2.5 SL without tech for $1000 under invoice in early August in Northern Virginia, within a few weeks of the car's debut. I believe him -- he's buying 2 months later.
  • Has anyone purchased a car from Cowels or Rosenthals Nissan Virginia? I can't seem to pin them down to a price because they won't come clean with all their fees. Can anyone break down an actual purchase from them? Thank You
  • dbluesdblues Posts: 6
    I remember your post, that time I took your post and negotiated for $27000 but then I found out that tech was only $1K above, waited and negotiated for $28K and bought it and I got benefited from your post and I hope others benefit from my post. Initially dealers teased and tried to sell demo but I waited and ignored to get this deal. Good luck.
  • It's hard to get Rosenthal to give a good OTD price. I found Brown's Fairfax Nissan to be very straightforward to deal with. :)
  • meastmeast Posts: 2
    dblues, could you please tell me which dealership in MD you purchased from? Also, what was the first name of the salesman that you dealt with?

Thanks!
  • iugrad10iugrad10 Posts: 5
    edited October 2012
    Has anyone financed a 2013 Altima 2.5S through Nissan Motor Finance? If yes, please share APR rate with your fico score (average, good, excellent etc).

Is $20775 a good price (before tax and $149 fees) for a 2013 Altima 2.5S with splash guards and floor mats? I don't have more room to negotiate down.
  • ajr1775ajr1775 Posts: 33
    Their sale prices usually do not include destination(freight) charges so you need to add $780.00 to the sales price. Then, consider your mileage limit is 15,000 and not 12,000 miles. It sounds like you're requesting a zero down lease? If so then you have to roll in the other costs(tax/title/tag/doc) when calculating your lease. That means your actual leased amount is higher. Especially if they are throwing in a high document fee. All this could put your lease amount back up $29,000.00 or possibly $30,000.00. Right now there is no real lease support for the 2.5 SL model.

Given all of this to be true......then the lease rate quoted to you makes sense. It sounds like you're trying for the 2.5 SL model with Technology Package? Your capitalized cost & leased amount checks out. However, you could of done slightly better.....Fitz Mall is showing $26,704.00 OTD plus tax/tag/title and doc fee of $129.00. I say slightly better because the Fitz Mall price includes destination/freight and they charge a low doc fee.

My suggestion would be to restart the negotiation with a couple different dealers and talk OTD and not sales price up front. Someone else posting on here noted he got $25,960.00 OTD on a 2.5 SL with Nav.
    Best published price I've found thus far on the net by Fitz Auto Mall for a 2013 Altima 2.5 SL with Technology Package.

Internet Price(Delivered Price): $26,704.00 (includes destination/freight of $780.00)
    Value Price: $27,199.00
    Invoice Price: $28,099.00
    MSRP: $30,510.00
    Style: 4dr Sdn I4 2.5 SL

The Delivered Prices include manufacturer rebates and incentives, including customer satisfaction, available to all consumers. You may qualify for additional rebates and incentives such as college graduate, military or owner loyalty.

-This is a New vehicle located in the state of Pennsylvania.
    -Price Does NOT Include Tax, Tags, Title, Documentary Fee of $129.
  • Ok so what is the lease amount for the fitz mall price ??? Using the money factor/residuals and 15,000 miles. The GM did call me back and was very mad, at his manager, and apologetic towards me. His final offer of 0 down, 39 months, 15k was $404 a month. I wanted him to come closer to the 365 I'm paying now for my max. I'll have to wait for the rates to come down.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,755
    has anyone here test drove the 2013 v6 accord looking for thoughts or comments about both cars tks

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

Deblues always post the Dealers name and State when your in these forums.. It helps other people determine price in that area compared to theirs.... tks

• I'm in MD as well and would love to know which dealer to go to. If I can get the OTD price for 2800 then I think I will stick with the 2013 Altima SL with nav and tech package.

If not I am considering the Accord EX-L with Nav. Has anyone driven both cars? I like them both for different reasons.
  • ffxjackffxjack Posts: 47
    I'm in northern VA and deciding between 2.5SL w/tech vs EX-L w/nav as well. I wish the Accord Nav screen wasn't set so far into the dash, increasing distance, and making it appear smaller. For the Altima, preset speed dials would be nice.

Anyways, I would be happy with either and it's likely going to come down to how much more the Accord will likely be.

The Nissan sales people are warning me that this is the first time Honda has used a CVT in the Accord and they don't have much experience unlike Nissan but I'm not sure how important that will be.
  • yeah, I'm torn as well.

The altima was very nice and the seats were amazing. I made sure not to mention anything about the seats to my wife yet within a minute of sitting in the car she raved about the seats. The altima also drove very quite. I did hear the "drone" of the cvt when accelerating but it didn't seem to bother me. I'm also used to a 4cyl civic.

For the accord... I like that is a honda which I've owned several. I also like the interior but in a different way. I feel the engine was quieter but the road noise was higher. I"m inclined to just get the accord but just can't seem to make up my mind.

I like that on the altima the navigation is touch screen but dont' like the fact that their traffic reporting is a subscription service which I would pay for after 3 years.

I do like that the accords navigation is set back too. Not too sure out the "FM Traffic" reporting. Didn't work so well with my garmin (at least compared to google maps on android)

Does anyone have any experience with both navigation sytems? Which one is easier to use and how do the maps get updated?
  • slim83slim83 Posts: 25
    Don't let Nissan fool you on the new CVT used in the Accord. I test drove both back to back with a friend a few weeks ago and the CVT used in the Accord is the same as the Altima. Honda purchased rights from Nissan. Also, if you google the reviews, everyone talks about how great the CVT in the Accord is and it's also stated that the Altima still can't get it right. Car and Driver as well as many other reviewers have rated the Accord number one against all the new midsize sedans.
    Yeah, that's what I figured as well. End of the day, both solid cars and I could care less about resale value since I'm driving it into the ground. Basically, for me, comes down to initial cost differential and cost of ownership over time.

I think the accord will be more initially but I'm looking into recommended oil change schedule since Mpg basically a wash.
    They are both great cars and really nice alternatives to the entry-level midsize market. I'm amazed at the feature content in the midsize segment these days.
    What bothers me about Honda is the Transmissions go. My 2003 Pilot trany went with 95,000 miles.. My neighbors Accord trany went at 60,000 and my dads friend said the same. My mechanic said the same he loves honda but the trans seem to be a problem. So if your not buying and re selling within 5 years it something to think about.. I have owned 2 nissans both about 4 to 5 yrs with no problems.

I agree...that doesn't seem to be much of a problem lately, but who knows with all the changes. There were several years where Honda and Acura had those problems and particulary with the V6 engines. The early 2000's was the last I'd heard it was still a major issue.
  • txmantxman Posts: 2
    Paid 26,300 for SL with no tech package at Grubbs Nissan in Bedford, TX. Good folks. Sales sheet showed a $500 rebate which I didn't know about.
    Love the car-Got 40.8 MPG on 90 mile highway drive with cruise set to 69mph.
    Congrats on your purchase ( and nice MPG ).

Can you see what recommended interval for oil change is in the manual? I'm trying to factor in ownership costs vs Accord.
  • m6userm6user Posts: 3,006
    Please don't let an oil change or two affect your buying decision. I would be shocked if the annual maint. expenses differred by more than a $100 between these two cars. Even if you drive a lot of miles per year an extra two or three oil changes is only about $100 or less. Buy the car you like better. Resale, if that matters to you, will probably be a smidgeon better on the Accord so if you are really pinching pennies you should factor that in as well.
  • leonlileonli Posts: 3
    edited October 2012
    2.5 SL WHITE with Tech package $27900 at Northern VA.
    The dealer is in Chantilly, VA.
    Quite straightforward because I read some post here.
    Just test drive -> asked the price and got it.
    Some noise on the CVT. Love all the features it has.
    Definitely better than accord and camery after test drive. Recommend!

Sonata hybrid is also a very good choice if you care the CVT.
  • Hello,

I am looking to buy 2013 Altima 2.5SL. Can you tell me the dealer name.

Thanks in advance.
  • nm2013nm2013 Posts: 3
    Which dealership in Chantilly? I'm around the area.
    Did you pay $27900 OTD, or was that the price before taxes and fees?
    Anyone buy one? I've never owned a Nissan but I know some Honda dealers will sell genuine Honda extended warranties for half to a third of local quotes (online for 1000 8 yr/100k/0 deductible),

I like the piece of mind at those prices of manufacturer warranties. Anyone know of any Nissan dealers that specialize in the warranties?
  • skyfan1skyfan1 Posts: 37
    I have been told that one can buy an extended warranty from any dealer in the country, not just one in your specific area. I have a 2 year old Altima and am trying to decide about buy the extended manufacturer's warranty. I would greatly also appreciate opinions on if they are worth it and also if anyone knows a dealer that offers deals on warranties.
    Yes, you definitely can buy from any dealer in the country. Unlike a car that you have to go get, just give them your VIN and you're all set. Lots of 3rd party warranty companies offer you all sorts of things when your manufacturer warranty is almost expired but I've found best pricing for manufacturer warranty is from the get go (keeping in mind that a 8 yr warranty overlaps by 3 years with original warranty) and from a dealer that's usually no where close to me.

There's a couple of great deals on Honda warranties that people on the forum pointed out but hoping to find something similar for Nissan.
    For those considering an Altima, take the time to read this other Edmunds thread on CVT issues with the new Altima:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f16e08e/0!make=Nissan&model=Altima&ed_mak- eindex=.f16e08e