Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hey durandal0

dunno if this still helps u but i recently got a quote for an 05 Altima S from a dealer .. it had the compass/auto-dim-mirror/out temp, mudguards with side rocker panels, protection package and floormats added on.. pewter with frost interiors and leather seats thrown in.. it came to 19.4 total after title and taxes and taking off all rebates.. sounds very good to me.. do let us know how ur shopping went.. best of luck..
  • I am looking to lease a Altima SL I live in NY. Does anyone have any idea how much I should be paying a month?

Thank You,

Marissa
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,902
    storkey7, I notice you have placed this message in a number of topics, indicating that you are looking to lease various vehicles. Before we can help you, you need to narrow down your choices a bit and do some preliminary homework. Unfortunately, it impossible for us to assist you with this little information.

First, you need to go to our New Cars section and build the vehicle you intend to buy. At the end of that process, you'll see the MSRP of that vehicle, the invoice price, and the TMV price (average price that others in your area are paying). You can also compare the various makes/models you're looking at there.

Once you have established a reasonable purchase price, try our Lease Calculator to get a general idea of your payments, based on your trade-in, the tax rate in your state, length of time you're leasing, and annual mileage.

Please also visit our Lease Questions discussion to find out what the money factor should be for your intended vehicle, and to help answer other questions you might have about leasing.

kirstie_h

Roving Host

Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussion

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• The thing is I purchased edmunds dealsmart plan for $20.00 and it doesnt work!!! When I am building my new car it gets up to the powertrain options section and doesnt give me any more choices and I therefore cannot save any of my cars to compare them. I sent an email but no one has got back to me. I paid the $20.oo so that this would be as hassle free as possible but it seems right now to have been a waste of money. Can you help with that?

Thank You
    Did you use the "help" link above, then select the "contact us" tab? That's the best way to get your issue to the Inbox of someone who can help you. But first, make sure your browser is set to accept cookies - that's the first thing they'll ask you.

kirstie_h

Roving Host

Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Hello,

I have cookies enabled and I did write to the contact us people, but I have not gotten a response is there someone I can call?
  • sandylsandyl Posts: 42
    If you were just getting a 2.5S I could probably

help, but I would assume for an SL , which is

more expensive, that the lease deals would

be between 300-400$. best bet is to get the

residual and money factors and look at TMV for

this car and do the math with the lease calculators.

I can tell you that for the 2.5S you could get

that for under 250/month

sandy (who just got a 2.5S)
  • Thank You,

Where do I get the residual and money factors from?
    I don't have a phone number to refer you to right now. I would not be surprised if the Edmunds.com office, like many others in S. Cal, is having staff shortages at the moment due to the massive rain & mudslides in the area, so it may take an extra day of two.

In the meantime, the best place for specific leasing questions is in our Lease Questions discussion.

kirstie_h

Roving Host

• sandylsandyl Posts: 42
    if you go to the lease board, and let them

know how many months, how many miles, year

and model of the car, Car_man can provide

that info.

sandy
  • 2005 Altima SE (3.5 Auto)

Splash Guards

Floor & Trunk Mats- 5 piece

Protection package

No haggling, straight at invoice price, less the cash back

Was going to quote the MSRP, Invoice, TMV with all above the options, but found the numbers being different what I had 3 days ago.

Any way, Edmunds.com helped a lot.

It was the second dealer in local I bought it from. The first one also at invoice, different options, but the unit was tested drive too often with more 170 miles. The one I got was less than 40.

Found from another website, that the price might have been 1000 below invoice (ideally), since I found out there was $640 holdback, so might be able to get down to $300 below invoice.

Any way, I just loved this car (first import I owned), really help me in Twin Cities, when the temp is -8F!!
  • alpine1alpine1 Posts: 51
    I think having the dealer get the vehicle from another dealer is risky. When I purchased my Nissan, one dealer told me they could get the vehicle from another dealer about 150 miles away. When I asked how they plan on getting the vehicle delivered, the salesman said someone would drive it from the other dealership. So someone would drive it on the interstate at 65- 70 MPH for about 2 and 1/2 hours - which violates the break-in period described in the owner's manual. I said no thanks to the deal.
  • Just got my purchase order on 1/12/2005:

the MSRP was listed as 24700, invoice 22833

, with 1500 cash back = 21333, I paid: 21300 (did try to knock down another 300 bucks, but couldn't)

+ title & fees.

Please note that the MSRP, Invoice, and Destination charges at Edmunds.com are different from that of 1 week ago (some web sites still have the same price, so Edmunds' are higher, on Altima SE V6 Auto)

What I know is: the destination charge I paid was 560 instead of 580 as this web site stated.

and the invoice and MSRP at this web site are also higher than one week ago. (about $100 each)
  • dave124dave124 Posts: 12
    Deepfreeze-

Did you get any of the options on the vehicle?

Thanks for the info.
  • see msg 419.

Dave(?), if you are looking for one w/ Nav., I did have one of dealers in Twin Cities (Minnesota) quoted me at invoice over e-mail as well. Another dealer lured me into his dealership for a test drive (and that was why I decided to get a Nissan instead of a Honda or Toyota), but quoted me 200 over invoice, I just walked out and bought one from another dealer with almost identical options with 150 less miles on it (the first was over 190 miles, the one I bought was 36)

Keep in mind, [published] Invoice is not the true dealer invoice, but is a good reference point. A true one, should have the maker's logo on it, not just a computer print out. I think there's an unpulished holdback on Altimates (around $600?). So from invoice, less the cash back, there is some room to negotiate down still. Good luck
  • Hi, I currently own a 2002 nissan altima 2.5s. I love this car but it does not fair well in snow. I am considering replaceing this car with 2005 SE3.5 leather package and manual transmission which has an MSRP of around or just under 26800. I do not miind buying the manual, in fact I prefer it as I have had only 2 other automatics one of which is my current altima. I believe the stick is better for driving in the snow.

I have 2 questions. The first is regarding the new autmatics (which are everywhere). Is it a reasonable substitute for a manual when driving in the snow. Will the extra control be their? What about adding the TRC option, would this help?

My second question is what are people seeing this car go for in the ohio valley region?

pondering,

Thank you
  • Wow, where is everyone? Any recent purchases of the SE3.5 out there. Did you internet deal or in person? How close to the TMV and iinvoice did you get. Lets hear some noise out there!
  • thenebeanthenebean Posts: 1,124
    if the computer printouts are what i think they are, those are just the invoices that come in before the vehicle arrives on the lot - still legit, just without the logo (they look like dot matrix printers printed them)

just an fyi

-thene
  • Just bought a 2005 Altima SL 2.5 w/Leather for $500 under dealer invoice. Took the 1.9% financing instead of the $1500 rebate. (Otherwise the deal would have been $2000 under invoice price). Easy deal with the fleet department of Miller Nissan in Van Nuys (L.A.), California. They were $500 cheaper than carsdirect.com . TMV was higher than carsdirect.com's price.

I personally don't like Edmund's TMV as it tries to portray the "average" price paid for this car in your area (or nationwide, if you don't enter your zip code), but that's not always the best deal you can get. I don't want an average deal; I want a good one. That's why I find the edmunds.com forums so valuable.
  • Socalbob,

Did you buy at 2.5 or a 3.5 could you provide a breakdown of price and features. I am planning to get a 2.5S with side airbags and ABS, that is it! and replicating your experience at Miller Nissan would be helpful.
  • Good luck finding one...

I remember when I got my 05, I couldn't find a model with ABS to save my life...
  • I recently purchased a 2005 Altima 2.5S on 1/26/05 and I paid $18,500 including tags, title, taxes, etc.The $1500 rebate included, too. It has very few options and it listed at $20,500. I feel I got a good deal and I did not have to haggle too much.One of my few good buying experiences.It must be a good time to buy a vehicle. Car drives great and mpg ain't too bad either. Nice power for a 4 cylinder.
  • gsemikegsemike Long Island, NYPosts: 1,778
    As long [non-permissible content removed] you understand what an average is (which you do) what's the beef about TMV? The average is the middle, some do better and some do worse. It's still good info to have.
    I figure the educated shopper can probably do better than TMV most of the time. Let the uneducated consumers hold the TMV average up as a penalty for doing no homework! :)

kirstie_h

Roving Host

• I just bought a new Altima S 2.5 for $19.000 plus tax and registration fees, 1% - 60 months, houston, Texas. NO downpayment.

Do you think this is a good deal?
  • gsemikegsemike Long Island, NYPosts: 1,778
    What options do you have? Are you getting a rebate on top of that $19k? Sounds like it's probably average.
  • No, I checked the invoice price, so I told them that I would pay 19.000 instead of the 20.600 that was sticked to the window. They told me, you want 1500 rebate or 1%, and I said, I want the 1%. I mean it was either a 1500 rebates OR 1% for qulified buyers only.

I hope that I made a fair deal...
    Mid, that's a really unspecific question! You really need to provide more details about the car you're looking for, and where you're shopping. Plus, there are a load of posts about prices others have paid earlier in this discussion, if you're only looking for a ballpark

kirstie_h

Roving Host

Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions.

• The SE-R comes fully loaded they are very little options! The SE-R model actually specifies the options: leather, special suspension, auto climate control, xexon lights, Bose radio, heated mirrors, 18" alloy wheels, sun roof, power windows, remote entry, security package, gauge packages, 260 hp,high performance engine So the question is not that upspecific!!

Okay there are two major options you can add: side air bags with traction control ($800) and Sirrus radio ($400) Other than that there are olny minor options; floor mats, splash guards, protective kit ($70 emergency road & first aid).

So I ask the question again, what is a good price for a 2005 Code Red 6-speed SE-R with side air bags/traction control, Sirrus radio, floor mats and splash guards ?