Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Clear Lake sent me an email, a "mass mailer", last Friday, offering $750 off of the best deal that I had already been offered. Good only for that weekend. I did not go back there, I was busy looking at Accords. It looks like I can get a new Accord for only about $1500 more than the Altima. I think the cars are about equal, but 3 years from now the Honda will be worth $3k to $4k more than the Altima.
  • ownanaltimaownanaltima Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    I've recently purchased an altima from a nissan dealer here in SC. Its a 2008 3.5 SE, with barely 20k miles on it. I think I paid a lot for that vehicle. Is there anyway I can salvage some incurred losses and maybe save myself a self-beating? This is my first vehicle here in US (I did do a lot of homework and in the end decided that it is altima that I wanted, especially since the time I test drove a couple at carmax). I know that I've been shopping at all the wrong places with all the wrong details, but I'm fairly new to the car world - a rookie.

After I got the vehicle, I stumbled upon this forum. I know it doesnt really sound like a wise move on my part, but i'll be really obliged if I could pursue the correct course of action, and save me some valuable bucks. Hopefully some of you can pitch in and help me out.
  • ...I can get a new Accord for only about $1500 more than the Altima. I think the cars are about equal, but 3 years from now the Honda will be worth $3k to $4k more than the Altima.

I highly doubt that you can get 3-4k more than the Altima. When I traded in my 2.5S '07 Altima for the 2.5S '10 Altima last Dec., I got about 13.5K on my '07 base on what people could get a new '10 Altima during that time.

I will be surprise if you can get 16.5-17.5K on a '08 Accord LX now. That's about 2K depreciation in 3 years.
  • This is the deal I am getting on a 2010 leftover 2.5 S (MSRP - 23.4k). Used Amex Zag for the bottom line price. Initially thought it was too good to be true but the dealer agreed.

Invoice - 2700 - 2000 rebate was basically the Zag deal. OTD price - 17.2k + 400 doc fee +350 reg/title + 15.50 tire tax. Got the color Silver color I wanted and also a decent price on the trade-in. Please note that the trade-in was negotiated independently.
  • Congrats first of all on purchasing your 3.5L Altima. I own the same, I researched my car for almost a year, then one day I ran across the current one I own and I did the deal. I met a dealer that was fair, I compared his price to what was advertised online and it was a fair price. I didn't overpay, I didn't get the cheapest price in town either. Now this dealer calls me every 6 months, checks on me, we purchased a Mazda 3 through him for my girlfriend. Now I'm itching for a Nissan Murano or Infiniti FX. No matter what, purchasing a vehicle is not an investment, its a necessity that will COST YOU MONEY. :)
  • techftechf Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    I purchased a 2008 Altima 2.5S coupe with 20k miles and a 100k bumper-to-bumper warranty for $18k + TTL a month ago. In your opinion, what's the most I should have paid for this? Reading this thread I can tell I could have found a much better deal- I'm just wondering how badly I got burned.

Thanks!
  • devildevil Posts: 9
    Hi,

Just got a price quote through AMEX (Zag) Car Purchase Program for 2011 Altima 3.5 SR Sedan (I'm in Los Angeles area):

The price is before TTL and $55 doc fee. Manufacturing Adv. fee and Dest. charge are included.

Could you please help? I have 2 questions:
    1) Is it a good deal?
    2) I assume TTL fees are standard for California and this type of vec.. Are any other fees that I should avoid when signing the deal?

MY PRICE:
    $25,684
    Options
    * [P01] 3.5SR PREMIUM PKG (PRM)
    * [R01] SPORT PKG (SPT)
    * [L93] 5-PIECE CARPETED FLOOR MAT/TRUNK MAT SET (FL3)
    Incentives
    * $500 Customer Bonus Cash
    Expires on 01/03/11
    * $750 Customer Incentive
    Expires on 01/03/11
    MSRP as configured: $30,415
    Invoice as configured: $27,934
    MY PRICE: $25,684

Thank you!
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Posts: 204
    Not sure how good it is...but check truecar.com for current pricing. This may be the best week of the year to shop though. As for TTL, ball park 10% in California. Cheers!
    At AMEX they got exactly the same data as I got from truecar.com report. They are pulling data from a single source. Basically what I was offered = to best local deal in truecar.com report. But my question is: did anybody get a better deal than there?
  • I just got a 2.5S in Northern VA (MSRP 22900) for $17k OTD (all taxes, tags, fees incl) about a week or so ago. I thought it was a pretty good deal.
  • tjinvatjinva Posts: 22
    edited December 2010
    We just picked up the car - a new 2011 Altima 2.5SL - from Northern Virginia

MSRP of $30,485 on the vehicle plus all-weather mats for the front and rear thrown in that has a MSRP of $90.
    39 month lease/15K miles per year
    Money Factor: .00153
    Residual: 60%
    Miles on odometer: 37 miles
    Only front end payment was the first month's lease payment of $273.64
    Sales tax, tags and bank acquisition fee are all integrated into the lease payments

I don't know what things are like in other parts of the country but here in Northern Virginia, you can get a very good deal for a 2011 Altima but you do have to negotiate.
    edited December 2010
    Hi,

Thanks for the info. Your lease contract should have a negotiated vehicle price before taxes, license and registration fees. Do you mind telling what that price was?

Thanks for your help.
  • Revrahaul,

What dealership did you get that deal from in Northern VA? I am in the market for the same car for my parents.
  • Wow, that is really a good price.
    Yes, I should have provided that information as well.

The capitalized cost before sales tax, tags and dealer prep was $24,718 which included the rebate that Nissan is offering. The $750 rebate is not available with this lease but the $500 rebate was given to reduce the cost.

There were at least a couple of dealers in the DC metro area willing to offer this deal or something close to it. With the month end coming up and the inventory of Altimas that many dealers have, it should be possible to negotiate a good deal.
  • jmm5jmm5 Posts: 4
    I just closed on a loaded 3.5SR on 12/30/10 at a Northern Virginia dealer and I think I ended up pretty well. Kudos to truecar.com for the assist.

Colors

EXTERIOR: Metallic Slate
    INTERIOR: Blonde
    Options

STANDARD PAINT
    [J92] MOONROOF WIND DEFLECTOR
    [C02] FEDERAL EMISSIONS
    [L93] 5-PIECE CARPETED FLOOR MAT/TRUNK MAT SET
    CHARCOAL, INTERIOR TRIM
    METALLIC SLATE W/ CHARCOAL INTERIOR
    [P01] 3.5SR PREMIUM PACKAGE
    [R01] SPORT PACKAGE
    [U01] TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE
    Incentives

$750 Customer Incentive
    (EXPIRES ON 2011-01-03)
    $500 Customer Bonus Cash
    (EXPIRES ON 2011-01-03)

Sticker Price: $32,295
    Your Price: $26,088

This dealer has agreed to price your deal relative to the Factory Invoice Price. Their offer is:

$3,460 below Factory Invoice
    (Includes Incentives)
    Factory Invoice: $29,548
    Dealer Offer: - $3,460
    Your Price: $26,088

The only catch was that the closest car already had the aluminum kick plates installed, but it only increased the price to $26,200 which still seems to be a great price. The only other potential issue was that the dealer normally charges a $389 doc fee, but they lowered it to $99 since I am a Maryland resident (max of $100 in MD). Sale went through quickly with no issues or dealer add-on crud. Financed with Pentagon Federal Credit Union at 2.99% for 60 months, but dealer did offer 2.69%. I decided I'd rather stick with the credit union for $2 extra a month. What do you all think?
  • skyfan1skyfan1 Posts: 37
    Seems like a very good deal. Did you purchase the extended warranty?
  • jmm5jmm5 Posts: 4
    Nope. I've never been a fan of those though we'll see how the CVT looks through 36k. I let the salesman/finance guys do their scripts for ex. warranty, paint sealant, etc., but simply declined them and they did not push it. It was a rather smooth process inspecting the car and then doing the paperwork to close out the process.
  • I purchased the 2011 Altima 2.5 SL with these packages and add ons:
    Premium audio package
    Convenience package
    Convenience Plus Package
    2.5 SL Package
    and
    splash guards
    floor and trunk mat set
    aluminun kickplates
    It also has a moonroof wind deflector which isn't listed on the MSRP sticker.
    Color is ocean gray with charcoal leather interior.

The MSRP was $28370.00 and I got it for $23,999. I already had financing and didn't use theirs. I refused any extended warranty. We also got a great financing rate through our credit union.
    I did all my negotiating by email and was told by the Nissan dealership that the price was only good through 12/31. I purchased on 12/30. Our credit union financing rate also expired on 12/30 so I needed to go ahead and purchase to lock in that rate.

I purchased from Peltier Nissan in Tyler, Texas. I tried to get a couple hundred more off as ocean gray was not my 1st color choice. My preference was white or black but they only had ocean gray, silver and tuscon red (which I really didn't like).

I feel like I got a good deal. I was surprised that I was able to get that much off since the Altima is the #1 family sedan according to Consumer Reports. What do you think?
    Did the pricing include sales tax, tags and processing?

Not sure of the market in TX but here in Northern Virginia, the same car is available for about $21,900 plus taxes, tags and dealer processing.

This particular dealership apparently ships to other states. I did not buy from them because a local dealership, a few miles from where we live, matched the price but I came close to getting it from them. The salesman, who was very professional and straightforward, told me that he sold a car to someone in TX and had it shipped there - obviously the cost of shipping would need to factored into the price.