Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• You should go to truecar.com. You can find out the lowest selling cost of the car near you. I got a 2.5SL for $25 OTD
  • $1500 is a lot of money. Do you think you will save that much in financing with them vs. what you can get at other places? If you have good credit history, Penfed offers 1.99% and PSECU has 1.49% APR. How much are they offering through Nissan NMAC?
  • cfundocfundo Posts: 4
    Well at this point I am approved by Capital One at 4.17% (which is pretty high). I am not a member of any credit union and do not qualify for any (don't work for the right companies, make more in salary than the amounts required, etc). As such, my savings would be over $1,500. I will, however, look to see what standard financing they also provide beyond the 0% and perhaps their standard APR is also low enough to make getting the $1,500 a good idea.

As a price though, is this good? It is about $770 less than the lowest I got at Truecar. I arrived at this price after combining truecar.com with the fax attack method and got dealers to bid against each other via phone. It seems that my final low price is at $20,400 + taxes and DMV fees (total of about $22,517 out the door).

Is that good for an Altima 2.5S with the 20th Anniversary package in NY?
  • Well I think you can certainly get a better deal.

I got 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S with anniv edition in San Antonio, Texas out of door for $20500.

It also has Carpeted floor mats + Aluminum kick plates + Splash Guards + 0% APR + 0 down payment + $500 Grad discount.

Here is the break down
    $19000 + 1448(TT&L)

If you don't add 500 Grad discount, it should come to $21000 out of door.

Hope this helps.
  • cfundocfundo Posts: 4
    I get that, but that's in San Antonio, TX. How about in NY or NJ?
  • irus_x5irus_x5 Posts: 15
    Hi, looking for a quick price confirmation. I am getting the altima s with no additional packages for 17K cash price + TTL. If I take the 0% financing then I will have to pay an additional 1.5K. Please let me know if this sounds reasonable.
  • According to leaseguide.com this is an excellent deal, but you tell me...
    2012 Altima coupe 2.5 automatic, convenience, premium & leather packages.
    MSRP 30,555
    Selling Price $27,280
    Bank fee $595
    Cap cost reduction $500
    Adj cap cost $29,244
    Money Factor .00073
    Residual $16,194
    Due at signing $500
    Payment (pre-tax) $367.79
    39 month/15k year lease
  • hey everyone...new poster here looking to buy a new car. Right now my top 3 are between the Altima, Subaru Legacy or Kia Optima. Im leaning towards the Altima though just based on price alone. I was wondering if ppl could tell me if they were happy with their Altimas? Everything I have read online seems that ppl love them, you guys seem like a pretty informed group so I was wondering if ppl could help me out.

Also I found this deal being advertised on a website, and it seems like a CRAZY deal:

MSRP$21,855.00
    Internet Price$16,058.00
    You Save:$5,797.00
    ePrice: Click Here
    Drivetrain: 4 door Variable 2.5L 4 cyl.
    Mileage: 0
    Exterior Color: Super Black
    Interior Color:
    Vin: 1N4AL2AP0CN492674

http://www.herbgordonnissan.net/new-cars/2012-nissan-altima-4dr-sdn-i4-cvt-2-5-v- 888720/

Seems to be a pretty awesome deal and Im thinking I should jump on it....what is the consensus here? Thanks for the help everyone!
  • Price looks amazing, but I am concerned about this line: "Your only additional costs are sales tax, processing fee, destination charge, and MVA tag and title fees for the state in which the vehicle will be registered". Can you check what the processing fee is for, and how much. The other fees (tax, destination, title/tag) are fine - you cannot generally escape that. Here in CA, we are charged Documentation fee upto $50 - if the processing fee seems reasonable, you may be fine. Inquire what your final "out of door" price will be.

Also, realize that this is an absolute base model with no stereo/radio.

I own an Altima 2.5S (one trim higher than this - includes radio and mp3), and so far I have been loving it. When I did my research, most people dis-liked the CVT. I suggest you see if there is a rental company close by who has Altima - rent it for a day or so, drive around town, and see if you like it. I did, and I bought the Altima.
  • Price looks amazing, but I am concerned about this line: "Your only additional costs are sales tax, processing fee, destination charge, and MVA tag and title fees for the state in which the vehicle will be registered". Can you check what the processing fee is for, and how much. The other fees (tax, destination - generally around $750, title/tag) are fine - you cannot generally escape that. Here in CA, we are charged Documentation fee upto $50 - if the processing fee seems reasonable, you may be fine. Inquire what your final "out of door" price will be.

Also, realize that this is an absolute base model with no stereo/radio.

I own an Altima 2.5S (one trim higher than this - includes radio and mp3), and so far I have been loving it. When I did my research, most people dis-liked the CVT. I suggest you see if there is a rental company close by who has Altima - rent it for a day or so, drive around town, and see if you like it. I did, and I bought the Altima.
  • This is the info I got from the dealer. What do u think?

$ 21,855.00 MSRP
    $ 16,058.00 Special Internet Purchase Price*
    + $780.00 Nissan Destination Fee
    + $ 199.00 Dealer Processing Fee

Other Nissan dealers don't always include the Destination fee in their quotes. We like to keep our
    quotes completely transparent with no hidden fees. Dealer processing fee is regulated in Maryland at
    no more than $200.00 but in Virginia, it is not regulated and dealers can charge as much as $500.00.
  • Deal looks good.. If you dont mind could you please let me know the dealer..
    I am trying to buy one and lowest quote i got is around 20500.
  • Dealer is Herb Gordon in Silver Spring MD. It is a 2.5 with minimal options, but I figure I can buy a nice sound system at Best Buy, the rest of the necessities on the car are there for me (power windows, Power Locks, AC). It does not have the options of a 2.5S, but to be honest alot of those option are not worth it to me
  • The reason I picked the 2.5S Altima over the Accord, Mazda6, and Camry was the better legroom (I'm 6'3"), wonderful CVT transmission (I've always owned manual tranny's because I hate the jerking that an auto does), and its better performance. During the test drive I took the freeway onramp, which had a good climb to it, and when I barely hit the gas I was pressed back into my seat.

In fact I liked the Altima MORE after owning it 3 years, never had that happen with any other car, SUV or truck I've owned. So when my lease ended I started the search process all over again, and still went with the Altima this time with the 20th Anniversary package.

Wonderful car, will probably get another in three years.
  • skins2357skins2357 Posts: 6
    edited February 2012
    Hey everyone, so here are my 3 offers for carshopping over the weekend...let me know what you guys think. I really negotiated hard, and thus far these are the best offers I have gotten, for 3 different models.

2.5 BASE (no radio, minimal options) - $18,800 OTD (including all fees + 6% tax) using Nissan Finance (3.99 I think ?) with $0 down

2.5 S - $21000 OTD (including all fees + 6% tax) using 0% Finance with $0 down

2.5S 20th Anny Package - $23,000 OTD(including all fees + 6% tax) using 0% Finance with $1,000 down

Like I said, I negotiated hard, but cant tell if these are good deals based on what everyone else has paid. What do all of you guys think? Thanks for the input!!!
  • between 2.5S and 2.5 20th edt shouldnt it be only 900 dollar difference? the nissan website show 1500 option reduced to 900 dollars. maybe im wrong....
  • newer cars use newer(untested) tech usually getting better mpg and hp to boot, so if I find a reck with low mileage it seems like it would be more cost efffective in stead of/ engine, trans, and axle rebuild.
  • Cfundo -

Did you actually get the car for this price? I've been making this same exact offer at several dealerships with no luck. If you bought the car, can you please let me know what dealer in NY you bought it from? Thanks!
  • djnephdjneph Posts: 16
    Hey Everyone,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get this posted, but hope the info helps someone. I purchased the following Altima for $20,977 + TTL. Here is the breakdown. This was in Austin, TX.

2012 Altima 2.5S
    Conv. Package
    Conv. Package Plus
    Premium Audio Package
    Splash Guards
    Floor Mats
    Tints
    Protection Package (*all vehicles come with at this dealer)
    Nitrogen in Tires (*all vehicles come with this at this dealer)

MSRP: $27,140
    Selling Price (before rebates): $23,727
    Rebate 1 - $1500
    Rebate 2 - $750 (NMAC finance at standard rate 3.49)
    Rebate 3 - $500 MLK Holiday
    Selling Price (with rebates): $20,977 + Tax, Title, and License fees

The only other non state tax or license fee was a $149.00 Doc Fee.
  • Hello, i stumbled upon this site with google. Im not actually in TX, in fact im in ohio but iwith the offer i got it seems like it would be better to drive to texas and get an altima there, is this correct?
    my offer:
    2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S
    Stock#: NCC1153
    Engine: 2.5L 4 cyls
    Body Style: Coupe
    MSRP $25,450
    My Price: $21,026
    I wouldnt be getting any 0%apr like others have gotten either.

Is my offer just bad?