Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• txmantxman Posts: 2
    Paid 26,300 for SL with no tech package at Grubbs Nissan in Bedford, TX. Good folks. Sales sheet showed a $500 rebate which I didn't know about.
    Love the car-Got 40.8 MPG on 90 mile highway drive with cruise set to 69mph.
  • ffxjackffxjack Posts: 47
    Congrats on your purchase ( and nice MPG ).

Can you see what recommended interval for oil change is in the manual? I'm trying to factor in ownership costs vs Accord.
  • m6userm6user Posts: 2,898
    Please don't let an oil change or two affect your buying decision. I would be shocked if the annual maint. expenses differred by more than a $100 between these two cars. Even if you drive a lot of miles per year an extra two or three oil changes is only about $100 or less. Buy the car you like better. Resale, if that matters to you, will probably be a smidgeon better on the Accord so if you are really pinching pennies you should factor that in as well.
  • leonlileonli Posts: 3
    edited October 2012
    2.5 SL WHITE with Tech package $27900 at Northern VA.
    The dealer is in Chantilly, VA.
    Quite straightforward because I read some post here.
    Just test drive -> asked the price and got it.
    Some noise on the CVT. Love all the features it has.
    Definitely better than accord and camery after test drive. Recommend!

Sonata hybrid is also a very good choice if you care the CVT.
  • Hello,

I am looking to buy 2013 Altima 2.5SL. Can you tell me the dealer name.

Thanks in advance.
  • nm2013nm2013 Posts: 3
    Which dealership in Chantilly? I'm around the area.
    Did you pay $27900 OTD, or was that the price before taxes and fees?
    Anyone buy one? I've never owned a Nissan but I know some Honda dealers will sell genuine Honda extended warranties for half to a third of local quotes (online for 1000 8 yr/100k/0 deductible),

I like the piece of mind at those prices of manufacturer warranties. Anyone know of any Nissan dealers that specialize in the warranties?
  • skyfan1skyfan1 Posts: 37
    I have been told that one can buy an extended warranty from any dealer in the country, not just one in your specific area. I have a 2 year old Altima and am trying to decide about buy the extended manufacturer's warranty. I would greatly also appreciate opinions on if they are worth it and also if anyone knows a dealer that offers deals on warranties.
    Yes, you definitely can buy from any dealer in the country. Unlike a car that you have to go get, just give them your VIN and you're all set. Lots of 3rd party warranty companies offer you all sorts of things when your manufacturer warranty is almost expired but I've found best pricing for manufacturer warranty is from the get go (keeping in mind that a 8 yr warranty overlaps by 3 years with original warranty) and from a dealer that's usually no where close to me.

There's a couple of great deals on Honda warranties that people on the forum pointed out but hoping to find something similar for Nissan.
  • ajr1775ajr1775 Posts: 33
    For those considering an Altima, take the time to read this other Edmunds thread on CVT issues with the new Altima:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f16e08e/0!make=Nissan&model=Altima&ed_mak- eindex=.f16e08e
  • godeacsgodeacs Posts: 481
    So you quote a thread from over 5 years ago? Bottom line, the CVT is the best on the market. I have a 2008 Altima and have had ZERO problems - best car I have ever owned. The 2013 Altima is even better - best family sedan on the road for the money. I went from a V-6 Maxima to the 4 cyl CVT and had NO problems adjusting and you know what? The concern I had over a drop in power was resolved the 1st day I had the car (actually on my test drives). More than enough "oomph" to get the job done.

Geez, people who b***h about CVTs need to get a life....really. ..... :mad:
  • I was in a major dilemma choosing between the Accord and Altima.
    After 2-3 test drives on each, I have decided on the Altima. Purely from a resale perspective it seems like nothing can come close to Accord or Camry.
    However from styling perspective and the amazing seats I favor the Altima.
    Conventional wisdom suggests one should be getting the Accord. However it seems easier to find a better pricing on S/SV/SL trims of Altima.

Here's someone's analysis on relaibility ofvehicles...
    http://www.autooninfo.net/ReliabilityGPAsOfAutos-2011Complete.aspx
  • ajr1775ajr1775 Posts: 33
    Thread was started 5 years ago but its been continuously updated. So, it's relevant.

Don't get me wrong, I'm considering one too but I turn over every rock before signing paper.
  • leonlileonli Posts: 3
    Yes, it is OTD. Are there many dealership in Chantilly? I do not know. I just googled nissan chantilly and get that place.
    If you haggle more, I think you can get more since I did not bargain for a penny. :shades:
  • mr_xmr_x Posts: 1
    Anyone know what the Nissan November Incentives/Rebates/Financing will be?

Working with a dealer now but he has not been forth coming with the info.

Trying to decide to pull the trigger now or wait a couple days.

Thanks,
    X
  • Today I made a deal to lease a 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL with Navigation and Technology Package. I'm curious for some feed back on how good of a deal the forum thinks I got. Here are the details:

The List Price: $30,905.00

36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year for $375.00 per month

At signing I will pay the first months lease payment and $247.50 for all taxes, title and fees.

How do you think I did?

Thank You
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,039
    edited November 2012
    What is Invoice price on your model car. And what did you pay before taxes.. Thats how you know if you recieved a good leased deal.. Here is the bottom line. You rented this car for 3 yrs for a total of $14,122. If your fine with that its a good deal.. I dont like to lease but who am i to say. If i did lease a car i would not load it up and pay all that money. My idea of a good lease car is under $200 dollars a month. A good deal on a leased Altima is paying $ 1000 below dealer Invoice and paying no Doc fee's, just Taxes and out the door .............. Good luck its a really sharp car.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• Len stoler Nissan at owing mills her name is Charde at extn 3479. Dealership is very friendly no hassling and fix your price before you go in there.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,200
    The dealer where I leased my 09 murano is offering 4k off every 2012 Altima. Don't know if they have add-ons but they were straight with me last time. No hassle at all. Not in the market now so haven't checked it out.
  • Great posting! Checked out their internet site and found pricing very good and they assured me only $200.00 added to their internet prices and no hidden fees. Again Thanks for the post!