Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I purchased a 2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL yesterday, ABS, mats, deflector, splash guard and emergency kit. $23,195 +TTL.

I never spoke with a salesmen during the negotiation process. All of my negotiations were via email. Sure, the dealers tried to call and talk to me but I purposely ignored all voice mails.

Some of the dealers won't give you offers via email. They want you to come in and "visit". I prefer not to deal with those dealerships - I prefer not to deal with the hard sell tactics and I don't want to waste my time haggling.

I had one dealer claim that they would beat any offer I got by $500. Then, when I gave them my offer price they said they wanted a signed buyer's agreement from the other dealer before they would, supposedly, give me the $500 off deal. I told them that the only dealership I was going to visit was the one that I was going to buy from, the one that provided me the best pre-negotiated price before I ever walked in the door. I wasn't willing to go on some wild goose chase to get another dealers signed buyer's agreement - my time is more important than that !! That dealership never did give me a price quote via email.

The initial "best price" offers that I did receive via email were good offers but, as I found out, it was not their best. Once I had what I felt was the best offer (the offer that other dealerships would not respond to when I asked if they could beat it !!), that's when I called the Internet Sales Manager and told him I was coming in.

- It took me less than 90 minutes at the dealership from the time I walked in the door until I was driving the new Altima home. This included getting approved for Nissan financing at 5.9%. The dealer already had the car cleaned up prior to my arrival.
  • usamkausamka Posts: 4
    Hi there - Just doing my homework and noticed your great deal. Was $24, 538 your Out the Door price including TTL?

Thanks so much - very excited about these cars!!

:)
  • poorprofpoorprof Posts: 109
    What dealer?
  • greanpea68greanpea68 Posts: 1,996
    I purchased a 2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL yesterday, ABS, mats, deflector, splash guard and emergency kit. $23,195 +TTL.

I really hope you purchased a 2007 for that price?!?!I would guess you didn't get the connection pkg....
  • samboysamboy Posts: 1
    Hello, I am in the market for a 3.5SL with VDC. Can anyone share their purchase experiences and quotes? I am based in San Jose, CA but am willing to travel anywhere within CA to pick up the car if the price break is good.

Thanks in advance for your time and inputs.
  • glozaetaglozaeta Posts: 4
    Like I said I got my 3.5 loaded up for 29,600 in napa. I dont know if this is the trim or pice level you're looking for but thats what I got. The santa rosa dealer had one at the time i bought, he offered me 29,800. It was loaded, you can see if they have another one or if they'll match the price on something they currently have in stock.
  • divedeepdivedeep Posts: 3
    Family Nissan in RSM. Yes, w/o the Nav, but everything else.
  • plagwateplagwate Posts: 22
    Received an offer today on a new 2007 Altima:

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S
    Pebble Beach/Charcoal Cloth
    Convenience Plus Pkg
    Anti-Locking Brakes
    Splash Gaurds
    Floor Mats
    MSRP-$23,665
    INTERNET PRICE-$21,744

Of course I'd really like the auto-dimming rearview mirror with Homelink but it's not available post-factory. The dealer found a similar car at another dealer that he can trade with that has the mirror. However, it doesn't include Anti-Lock Brakes. Guess I can't have everything. **shrug** Both cars are comparably priced below invoice. Good deal?
    :confuse:
  • Trying to deal for an 07 3.5 fully loaded with the exception of NAV

MSRP of 30715 Invoice of 28099 Can't seem to get any of 3 dealers to go under invoice. What's the trick? I keep pressing for 27,500 but cant get any better than 28100. Am I being too greedy?
  • jd10013jd10013 Posts: 779
    I'd be surprissed if you were able to get a dealer to go under invoice. It's not that your greedy, just that the altima is selling well. the dealer won't feel a need to go under invoice to get it off the lot. But who knows, you might get lucky.
  • garygambgarygamb Posts: 1
    Live in OKC and went to Hudiberg Nissan today and here's how we made out.

2007 2.5S -- Maroon with Charcoal Leather:
    SL Package
    Tech Package
    ABS
    Rear Spoiler
    Fog Lamps
    Splash Guards
    Floor Mats with Hooks

MSRP of around $29,200
    Price Paid was $26,901

TMV said invoice with those options is $26,980 which means we got it for $79 under TMV invoice price. Dealer said it was $100 over invoice. Don't know if that is true or not, but we still feel pretty good about it.

Dealer did not have exactly what we wanted in stock, so they are locating one for us. Should have it in a couple of days. In the mean time, they gave us a 2007 2.5S as a loaner.
  • efisefis Posts: 5
    It's pretty good, you might be able to get it for a couple of hundred less, but not more than that. I'd take it. I'd rather have ABS than the mirror.
  • plagwateplagwate Posts: 22
    2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S
    Pebble Beach/Charcoal Cloth
    Convenience Plus Pkg
    Rear Spoiler
    Auto-dimming Rearview Mirror
    Splash Gaurds
    Floor Mats
    MSRP-$24,005
    OTD Price (including tax, tag & title)-$23,914

Short of ABS, this unit is equipped exactly the way I want it. Hopefully I won't get screwed on my trade.
  • trumpetrtrumpetr Posts: 1
    Jay Wolfe in Kansas City

2.5 S
    SL Package
    Connection package with Sirius
    Splash Guards
    Floor Mats
    ABS
    Sonoma with Blond Leather.

MSRP: $26,565
    Invoice: $24,643
    Negotiated Price: $24,000
    Doc Fee (sucks): $299
    College Grad discount: -$500
    OTD Price: $23,799
  • pbhagatpbhagat Posts: 8
    2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S with CVT (includes destination charges)
    $19,102.00 + tax and license

I'm in SoCal. Is this a good deal? Thanks in advance.
  • 2007 3.5SE w/CVT
    Premium Package
    VDC
    Splash Guards
    Floor & Trunk Mats

MSRP: 30,735
    Invoice: 28,168
    OTD Price: ~27500
    sounds like a very good deal. I paid 19,400 for mine and that didn't included destination, floormats/splash guards. with those two charges it came out to 20,400 + 500 for gap insurance for a total of 20,900.
  • sunspa14sunspa14 Posts: 2
    In a few states, including California, the Altima is available as a hybrid. It has the engine from the Camry hybrid. It's fairly new, I've only seen one on the roads here in Southern Cal. Anyone have a buying experience with the hybrid version? The local dealer quoted me on one in stock at the published invoice price of $23,515 without the connection package I want ($1,600 under MSRP). It always scary buying one of the first models of anything, but with the Toyota engine, sounds like a reasonable risk. Thoughts?
    The Altima Hybrid is only being sold in 8 states. California,New Jersy, New York, Maine, New Hampshure, Massachussets, Conneticut, Rhode Island. you shouldn't be scared about buying one, Nissan did a lot of research on this to get it right the first time. $1600 under MSRP sounds like a great deal. You will get a tax credit of $2350.00 for the year you buy it. There will be less than 60,000 made per year so people will qualify for the tax credit. Also I wouldn't wait to long because of the fast success Nissan is having with them they have already raised the MSRP on the car about $500. Good Luck and enjoy!!!!
    Hey all - Just got a quote and I am so NOT the savvy buyer so I'd love any and all input on this offer:

2007 ALTIMA 2.5 S 4DR AUTO

BW9-G
    MAJESTIC BLUE, CHARCOAL LEATHER

MSRP
    BASE $20,300

ABS $300
    ANTI-LOCK BRAKING

COX $1,200
    CONNECTION W/XM

EAP $140
    EMERGENCY AID PAC

FLO $170
    MATS WITH HOOKS

SGD $130
    SPLASH GUARDS

SLP $3,850
    SL PACKAGE

Freight Charge $615

Total $26,705

Dealer quoted $24,741 Net. (exclude tax & lic.)

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    usamka... You got an exellent quote they are taking $2000 off. I would go down and buy it!
    Thanks Greanpea68 - I think I'm going to take your advice! :shades:
    Another dealer has agreed to sell the vehicle for $18,500 + TTL (including splash guard and floor mats). He claims that the price is valid only for today because they will be closing the books on 4th. Could that be true? How much should I expect for gap insurance, license and fee?
    Gap insurance is optional, you don't have to buy it. In the event you totaled your car, it would pay the difference between what you owed and what the insurance company paid. the fees will depend on what state you live in. for most 2000 should cover everything.

i think mine went:
    20900 for car +gap
    650 destination
    900 waranty
    and aabout 1300 for taxes, tittle, tags, processing fee for a total of about 23400. I put 2000 down, financed 21400 for 6 years with a payment of $363
    Hey all - hope this helps any future Altima drivers - I am loving mine so far, just bought it this weekend!

2007 ALTIMA 2.5 S 4DR AUTO

BW9-G
    MAJESTIC BLUE, CHARCOAL LEATHER

ABS
    ANTI-LOCK BRAKING

COX
    CONNECTION PKG W/XM

FLO
    MATS WITH HOOKS

SGD
    SPLASH GUARDS

SLP
    SL PACKAGE

Total $24,200 (excludes tax & lic.) :shades:
  • seminole4seminole4 Posts: 2
    3.5SE w/CVT fully loaded except NAV

Black w/ Charcoal leather
    VDC
    Bose/6cd changer/sirius/bluetooth

I tried to work with about 7 different dealerships but nobody would go under invoice on car. Hats off to
    St. Charles Nissan - St. Charles MO

MSRP 30,885
    Invoice 28,233

Out the door price including the $ 149 set-up fee of
    $ 27,699. When I confirmed that I was still in time to get the 3.9% financing on 36mos., they said I qualified for
    0.7% 36mos. financing. No other dealer mentioned the 0.7%

I still may have paid too much, but it is the first time I have come out of the dealership thinking I received a fair deal. Thanks to St. Charles Nissan. They had to drive about 30 minutes to p/u car from another dealer I had just visited with the day before. That offer was $ 28,343 with 3.9% financing.
  • bill_dingbill_ding Posts: 6
    That's a pretty good deal. My buyer's order was $27950 OTD, but with the college grad rebate, dropped it to $27450. I was going to get 5.9% APR through a credit union they were going to refer me through (which was the best deal out of the 6 or 7 banks/online loan sites I checked), but NMAC put out 3.9% APR the day before I went in on April 28. It was the second week of the "special" rate, but Nissan never got it up on their site. The dealership didn't even know until I told them about it. I was doing backflips over the thousands I was going to save. They on May 1, NMAC began offering 0.7%APR. D'oh! :sick: Oh well...
  • I've been looking for an altima for a few weeks. Found what i want, and a dealer to provide it. Black/Charcoal, SL, XM, ABS Splash and Mats. However, the car is being shipped in, (its due on the 22nd) so it's presently not on the lot. Anyway, went in tonight to sign the buyer's order, figured a $100 deposit was enough and I'd be good. All looked well until the GM came over and said the deposit had to be at least $1,000. I told him to forget it since the car wasn't even on the lot yet and $100 was enough to bind the agreement. He tells
    me that he cannot take it, blah, blah blah, and that's that. I said "Fine, we're done then sorry to waste your time." He agreed and I just left. The car is still due in on the 22nd and I told him we'd do the dance all over again, but all he's saying is I have no commitment, he'll
    get stuck with the car, blah, blah,blah again but he could sell it. Sounds like a lot of BS to me.

Is this normal behavior for a dealer to end a deal on the basis of the deposit? I have not read anything about a dealer doing that.
    I got the vehicle
    2.5S, Dark Slate/Charcoal, CVT, Convenience Package, Floor Mats, Emergency kit for $19,200 (including the destination charges). OTD was about $21,000. Hope its a good deal.
  • sneedsneed Posts: 1
    Desired Car:

2007 Altima 2.5S
    SL Package
    Connection Package with Sirius
    Dark Slate
    Charcoal int.

Here's what I did:
    1. Found the invoice price of my car
    2. Used Edmunds to request a quote from local dealers
    3. Got a carsdirect.com quote
    4. Negotiated with the dealers that contacted me, asking if they could beat carsdirect.com.

Turns out, the particular car I wanted (listed above) was pretty rare. In fact, there was exactly *one* in the entire state of California (which I confirmed through 3 different dealers). One of my local dealers was able to acquire my car via a dealer trade. Unfortunately, because of how rare the car is, it put me at a bit of a disadvantage in term of negotiating, so I didnt get as good a deal as I could have given a different set of options.

Anyway, to get to the point, I ended up paying $25,200 before TTL. I put $4k down and got the 4.9% financing (60m) from Nissan which puts my payment at $445/month.

Thanks to everyone that's posted here and elsewhere on Edmunds and it REALLY helped me in this process. Thanks!