Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tictac3tictac3 Posts: 78
    In the Philadelphia region there are incentives on the '07 Altima. Looked at a 3.5SE w/ cvt, sport pkg, flaps, mats and emergency kit. List at $25.3. Dealer disc of $1200 and factory cash of $1200. $399/mo w/$1000 up front. Dealer is still making about $1200.
  • Well, I appologize we are selling them like crazy in the midwest....we finally were able to keep some up here. And personally I believe the car is worth every dollar. Nissan's Altima and Sentra are good bang for the buck!
  • Dealer Discount is not incentives from the manufactor, that is the dealer taking their own hit. And Nissan nationally does not state any incentives for 2007 Altima. Check out the web site WWW.NISSANUSA.COM Dealers will tell you whatever you want to hear. Trust me I sell cars!
    Rev2:
    Dealer stated $1200 discount and $1200 factory assistance on 3 yr Altima 3.5 lease. Also, $1120 assistance on a 24 month lease. By the way, do you sell Nissans?
  • jrubjrub Posts: 12
    If this is the case, the dealer I bought from made 0. Maybe cause it was the last day of the year for them jan 2 and they wanted to get another UNIT in.
  • lili1lili1 Posts: 44
    Thanks rev2please. Are you just pasting in the description of that spec from the build your car link? Do you know for a fact that it is a orderable spec. My 03 Altima experience was that no sunroof was allowed on the site but not after my order was sent in!!! Cause me $700 for a little glass window which I open only three times a year and each for a few minutes. On the other hand, I REALLY REALLY hate the 'line breaking' spoiler (unless someone tell me I can remove it without leaving holes on the trunk lid) & I plan to spend the $900 for the overpriced VDC. The Xenon bulb to me is not as practical a feature because it does not add any distance although it feels brighter and more desirable to me is the VDC (or VSC? whatever Nissan call their Stability sys). The Bose 6 disc is basically the same system I had on my '03 2.5SL, good feature but the sound was just boring, unlively, not brilliant to be impressive. These days with the IPOD, the 6 disc is really not much of a feature but if the Bose is now a different amplifying system and diff speaker system for lively sound, the additional speakers may be worth something but I don't beleive so. If I throw in the VDC and the $4400, I am can start to consider another class of vehicle. Tough case. It will be easier if Nissan offers just a little more option combo.
    Thanks rev2please. Are you just pasting in the description of that spec from the build your car link? Do you know for a fact that it is a orderable spec. My 03 Altima experience was that no sunroof was allowed on the site but not after my order was sent in!!! Cause me $700 for a little glass window which I open only three times a year and each for a few minutes. On the other hand, I REALLY REALLY hate the 'line breaking' spoiler (unless someone tell me I can remove it without leaving holes on the trunk lid) & I plan to spend the $900 for the overpriced VDC. The Xenon bulb to me is not as practical a feature because it does not add any distance although it feels brighter and more desirable to me is the VDC (or VSC? whatever Nissan call their Stability sys). The Bose 6 disc is basically the same system I had on my '03 2.5SL, good feature but the sound was just boring, unlively, not brilliant to be impressive. These days with the IPOD, the 6 disc is really not much of a feature but if the Bose is now a different amplifying system and diff speaker system for lively sound, the additional speakers may be worth something but I don't beleive so. If I throw in the VDC and the $4400, I am can start to consider another class of vehicle. Tough case. It will be easier if Nissan offers just a little more option combo.
    tictac3. What is the MSRP? What is the residue value on the lease for the 3.5 as a % of the final purchasing price?

I figure any dealer can slash out easily on a higher spec or 3.5 $2000 and go from their. With inflated MSRP which is priced in comparison to competitive product's MSRP, and it is perceived/theoretical list price and it can be any big spread from Nissan's real cost (depending on how good a job the designers do in cost cutting designs, etc.) or the real net of any 'volume discount' to the dealer. Then you have the few hundred dollars of prep which is more like $100 dollars in variable cost. I am not surprised that the dealer can shave off another 1500 or so unwillingly but no blood yet. If you wait for months & after the 06 are all cleared out, the Nissan incentive will eventually come along and to shave off the 1500 will be easier?
  • 2.5 SL Pebble beach with floor mat $23.5 + TTL in Seattle area.
  • No I do know for a fact how these cars are packaged. What besides VDC are you looking for, they you have to have. Maybe I can help you with this delimma.
  • Most non luxury cars, don't have a $2000 mark-up unless you go to a huge truck or SUV.
    3.5SE w/ cvt, sport pkg, flaps, mats and emergency kit. List at $25.3. Dealer disc of $1200 and "factory lease-cash" of $1200. 36-month lease; 15K miles per; 61% residual. $399/mo with $1000 due at inception
  • You can believe what you want to believe, I just talk to a Nissan Manager and there are no factory incentives. Dealers are doing what they want not nissan!
  • Good evening! I have been quoted a lease price of $325 f/39 mos on a 2007 3.5 SE (automatic) base model, no extras. That quote is including a $3000 down payment. Is this a good deal? They originally quoted me $389. After reading some posts, it just seems like a lot of people are getting payments just a little higher with much less down.... I am new to both buying/leasing - please help! S. Dozier
  • jrubjrub Posts: 12
    how many places have you called or went to? i had one dealer telling me 360 on the base with first month and plates down.
  • I've been to one today... and I'm contacting several in the morning to see if I can get some competition going...
    Way too high! I was quoted last night $402/mo for an SE 3.5 w/ cvt, sport pkg, mats, flaps and emergency kit. The lease is for 36 months and 15k miles per year. Quote includes PA 9% tax. NO MONEY UP FRONT!! Same lease for 48 months is $353/mo. I live in suburban Philly area.
  • hey, sdozier wich dealership you got that quote from? where in Pa u have 9% tax, i thought it was 6-7%?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,621
    3% extra on lease payments in PA..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

sdozier82, the only gauge and the only variable partially under your influence is the final selling price you have negotiated despite what anybody try to make you think otherwise.

Here is why. That is the price. After that, if you are taking the Nissan lease, the residue value used to calculate your monthly payment is a constant set by Nissan & the dealer cannot alter. The 'interest rate'(kind of) used to calculate the financing is also set by Nissan and the dealer does not change. The TTL is not massaagable. The mileage per year and the numbre of year are calculated per a fixed formula.

You get it now, when you compare among dealers, it is the final selling price.

Things which can further affect that value but artificially is whatever is external you use to reduce that, namely with your own cash up front or/and the value of your trade in. Your trade in has more or less a set blue book trade in value. If the dealer give you less that that, he will give you more discount on the new car to make you feel better. If you feel better by getting a higher trade in value,he will reduce the discount on the new car. So, walk in without talking about trade-in or you already check your blue book value value so that you can always weed out the fog and know what the real final sellign price of the car is. If your mind can only understand the monthly payment amount, then you are at full mercy of the dealer. The dealer can use all the variables to come up with a payment value you like, and if not achievable, they will persuade you to put in some down payment until all the figure jives but the last thing they will do is to reduce the price a cent or give you one more sent for the trade in value. Bottom line is, you can't figure out the final selling price (adjusted by the higher or lower than blue book figure amount), you can't compare apples to apples.

If you cannot get very close to invoice at least, you are not getting a good enough deal in theory but you may be not the type who fuzz over the last few hundred dollar & may just say deal when you get somewhere half way between MSRP and invoice.