Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• caramo62caramo62 Member Posts: 7
    Altima 2.5S - Sticker 22,370 - OTD, including $400 toward registration was 19,722.

No trade, and no miles on the car.

Pinch me, am I dreaming?
  • skp799skp799 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Rajat,

sorry I was on vacation.. however, i am shocked to see your new prices. So your best quote now is $19466 OTD ?? this is without teh $1500 rebate but with $1800 trade in? I guess this also includes $500 graduate rebate? Can't believe it...

2.5 S with conv pkg+splashguards+floormats - $19766 (with $1500 + $500 rebates & NO Trade-in)

Wow! No wonder my dealer called me back and now says $20500 OTD (doesnt have splash guards or kick plates).
  • craig82craig82 Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote on a 09 2.5S Altima with convenience and connection packages for 22800 OTD (on Dec31st 08 in seattle area).

What do you think about this quote? is it more than the market value given the rebates in the market?Is there anyone who bought a similar car? Any responses will be appreciated.

Thanks
  • craig82craig82 Member Posts: 2
    Is that an OTD price?
  • jimin327jimin327 Member Posts: 17
    $23,000 was not out the door. That price did not include rebates. Including 1500 rebate would be $21,500 + TTL

$22,989 OTD.
  • gmm421gmm421 Member Posts: 1
    Sounds like a good price. On January 3, I bought a 2.5 S with convenience, convenience plus, and SL package with mats and mud guards for 22, 480 which included TTL, etc. If Consumer Reports car buying service was correct, I bought the car under invoice. Even better was buying experience.

Greg
  • rajatarorarajatarora Member Posts: 24
    So,I finally picked up my Altima this week.

I was able to sell my car through craigslist.com and get more for it. Once I told Exton Nissan that I was not going to trade-in they did not even want my business.

So, I went back to All Star Nissan in Devon and finalized the deal with them. Got 0% financing and picked it up on Monday.
  • yehyemyesyehyemyes Member Posts: 36
    Hi, What model is that? What's the OTD price you have got. I am also looking to buy one from All star nissan.
    Hi! If you look at the my previous postings with the same title, you will get the details on price. It is a 2.5 S + Conv. Package + Splash Guards + Floor/Trunk mats.

I think the financing offered is 2.9% now and the cash back is still 1500. Use the power of the internet! Peruzzi Nissan was a good deal too, but All Star was just hands on better. Good luck!
  • skp799skp799 Member Posts: 3
    So what was ur final OTD for 2.5 S with conv pkg+splashguardsetc ? Previously ur price was with trade-in etc. So did you end up paying $21500 OTD? (w/ collegegrad disc +$1500 rebate)?

Thanks.
    After lots of negotiation the car came to 20,272 + t/t and OTD it was 21,676. Now, there was no official $1500 rebate because I got the 0% financing (more moeny saved in the long run). The invoice price of the car was 22,000.
  • mevander1mevander1 Member Posts: 43
    Bad deal for a 2.5S, There are rebates out there and you are giving away a lot of $$'s on that deal. Did you calculate the dealer invoice minus holdback, minus rebates????
    Look(!). On Edmund's site Nissan has an Add for 1500 cash back on a Altima Sedan which beats the grad rebate, Always know the invoice price. subtract dealer hold back. subtract 1500.00 cash back and work you way up from there. a few hundred bucks profit seems the norm for those who really do their home work.
    The ALL have keyless entry .
    "Grads' need to go back to school and learn how to buy a car. There is a 1500.00 rebate going on that is much better than the 500.00 and to make matter worse.. look to your right,,, yes now and you see, Nissan advertised the 1500.00 cash back.
    Sure, you can take the $1500 rebate, but you will NOT get the 0% financing (free money!!!!). If you do not mind paying interest, then yes! the $1500 rebate makes sense.

I structured my deal in a such a way that I got the car about 2000 less than invoice (including $500 grad rebate) AND got 0% financing.

Your financial situation might be different than mine, so maybe the $1500 rebate works for you.
  • rik4rik4 Member Posts: 90
    fitzmall. com has almost 5K off on the altima for this weekend. managers sale. use that price to negotiate with others if you are not close to them.
  • aaron2020aaron2020 Member Posts: 1
    2009 Nissan Altima 2.5S + convenience package + floormats + aluminum kickplates.

Purchased in San Diego
    MSRP: $23,630 (includes $695 destination charge)
    Rebates: $1500 + $500 graduate discount

Negotiated Price
    $21250 - $1500 rebate - $500 rebate = $19250

$19250 + $55 Document preparation fee + $1651.14 Tax (8.5%) + $229.75 DMV fees = $21185.89

To qualify for the $500 graduate rebate, I had to financed part of the car. My plan is to pay if off in full and incur the minimum $75 finance charge.

My total will be $21260.89
  • gary685gary685 Member Posts: 1
    2009 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5S + convenience package + premium package + floormats

Purchased in Bay Area CA, 1/09
    MSRP: $28,220 (includes $695 destination charge)
    Invoice: $26,112
    Rebate: $1000

Negotiated Price:
    $25,638 - $1000 rebate = $24,638

$24,638 + doc, tax (8.75), DMV = $27,203

$27,203 OTD.
  • nissan_galnissan_gal Member Posts: 6
    Hi all

Heard about Fitzmall through a post on this forum. Great place, no unnecessary haggling or "wait while I check with my manager" conversations. It took about 3 hours but the experience was really good. Very customer friendly and down to earth folks.

Here is what I paid for a 2009 S Altima with Convenience package + Floormats

Final Price with $1500 rebate(including Destination fee) : $18,542
    OTD : $20,057

Thanks rik4. Your one line post got me my "dream car". :D
  • lotuspeddlerlotuspeddler Member Posts: 4
    Greetings, folks.

What kind of prices/financing are people finding on '08's?

Is anyone finding dealers willing to search beyond the 100 miles radius you can search via Nissan's Web site? Nissan's site search design is hampered in that you can't enter the car you want and easily search efficiently, either. Anyone find a way around this or other options?
  • cmyawncmyawn Member Posts: 51
    Hi lotuspeddler

I have found that one way to search beyond the 100 mile limit is to initiate a seach with the 100 mile limit, then once the results are up, to modify the distance in the internet explorer address bar. In the example below it is the very last field of the address and I have changed it to search 300 miles away. I just changed the value in the bar from 100 to 300 and hit enter and it worked.

Good Luck

http://www.config.nissanusa.com/Dispatch.jsp?search=&__action2=&__action3=&__act- ion4=&state_token=2%3A6%3Anissan%7Calt%7CALL%7C0%7CA4AAAAAAAA%7C%3A28546&.Curren- tState=ChooseDealerBrowse&unselectVehicle=null&sdealerName=&sdealerRadius=&sdeal- erAddress=&sdealerState=&sdealerZip=&sdealerCity=&sdealerTel=&sdealerFax=&sdeale- rID=&sdealerContactable=&error_noResults=&lc=true&pr=%240&ti=%240&dp=%243%2C000&- ir=6%25&tm=60&lpr=%240&lti=%240&ldp=%243%2C000&ltm=36&lty=15%2C000+mi%2Fyr&locat- eConfig=true&searchZip=28460&searchCity=&searchState=&searchRadius=300
  • lotuspeddlerlotuspeddler Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, cmyawn, I'll give it a whirl. Did you find a car -- and a great deal-- as well as a dealer willing to work with you at a distance away?

lp
    I am still debating. I really don't want to get the technology package but I may have to in order to get fog lights. The dealer (about 90 miles away) with the car with the right color combo (Brick Red w/ Blonde leather interior) and exactly the right options is $500 under invoice and agreed to throw in the moon roof wind deflector. BUT to get him to add fog lights is an issue since NMAC does not fully residualize them as a dealer add-on accessory, so my payment for a 36 month 12000 mile/year lease would go up by about $17 a month.

For a vehicle w/ the technology package, the dealer with the best deal is about a 3 hour drive away, he is $650 under invoice and has agreed to throw in carpet/trunk mats and a moonroof wind deflector, and to reduce his ridiculous $499 doc fee by $389 to "make my last Maxima payment". But his car is black, and my 2007 Maxima SE is black...and the tech package brings with it the spoiler, so the new 2007 Altima would look just about exactly like my Maxima. And I want to feel like I am getting a new car, not just a slightly smaller and better gas-mileage clone of what I am driving now.

The only dealer within 300 miles with an Altima with technology package, SL, both convenience and connection packages, in red with blonde leather is about a 3 hour drive away...and he refuses to go below invoice.

So I may just wait till February and see what happens with the next round of NMAC and Nissan incentives, and to see what new inventory shows up.

PLUS I would lease a Prius Touring model w/ package 6 if it were, say, $40 a month more than the Altima deal. And Toyota Finance just announced fabulous lease deals, but SE Toyota is not offering them, I may fly to NJ and lease a Prius and drive it back to NC. OR in waiting for February Nissan incentives, there is a chance that the NJ Prius incentives will be adopted by SE Toyota.

I really need fog lights since I live in a fog-prone coastal area. And leasing is a really good idea here since the sea air rusts cars quickly...my 2001 Dodge truck is right now in the shop for brake work, cause in part by rusting brake components. Cars (and anything made of iron or steel) just do not last around here. If I lived inland I would take advantage of the $1500 rebate offer and buy an Altima.

I have time since my Maxima lease is not up till 2-21.

It is amazing the wide discrepancy between dealers...I have offers from $900 over invoice to $650 under, with 4 well under invoice. And the dealers definitely want to deal with what is on their lots, not to go get the color combo I want.
  • rik4rik4 Member Posts: 90
    glad to here you are now the owner of a new car nissan gal. you have to post and tell us how you like it now. i am glad it helped you and maybe others. no sense in keeping a good deal a secret.
    Lotuspeddler, took delivery last night on a new Altima. See the tome I wrote in the Altima Lease Questions forum...
  • insaneoctaneinsaneoctane Member Posts: 4
    I used a car with my desired equipment from fitzmall and got my local dealer to match (almost)
    2009 2.5s
    Conv1
    Conv2
    SL leather
    Conn
    Mats
    Al kick plates

Got it for 2400 below dealer invoice
    1500 of 2400 was rebate
    It would have been 2800 below invoice but dealer surprised me with 400 etching of VIn numbers that was "already installed"
    Still prett good IMO
    23,100 plus t&t
    Got them to match my credit union rate of 5.24% for 60 month and used my cc for the down
  • JMe9kaJMe9ka Member Posts: 2
    I'm in the market for a 2009 Altima 2.5 S sedan with SL package. My dealer's website says the MSRP on ones in their stock is $26,020.

I'm planning on trading my '02 Sentra in (KBB around $5000) and paying cash. The Edmunds site says the Adjusted TMV is $23,608. Is this about right?

How low of a price do you think I can get the dealer to offer? The Edmunds site says the $1500 dealer rebate ends tomorrow (2/2/09). How hard and fast is this date?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

P.S. I live in Hawaii.
  • talk2jesse99talk2jesse99 Member Posts: 4
    I am assuming that by "sl" package you mean convenience package. I don't know abt hawai, but here in so cal I can get one for 23200-1000$ rebate. I decided to get the 2008 3.5 SE for 22800. Aitte hope it helps.
  • jimin327jimin327 Member Posts: 17
    is the price of $23,100 before 2400 discount or after discount?
  • JMe9kaJMe9ka Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, guys.

The SL package includes leather. It also requires the Convenience and Convenience Plus packages. I just bought one this weekend for $23,300 after rebates. I'm happy with it! :)
  • player98player98 Member Posts: 54
    So far my best quote on a 2.5s with spash guards and floor mats as the only options is $400 below invoice. MSRP $22545; invoice $21,131; sell price w/out rebates $20,731 (price includes destination charge).

i got this quote today and after the $1500 rebate and $1000 presidents day rebate which started today my sell price is $18,231 and OTD is $19,620.44. i live in texas so the tax is 6.25% so total TTL is $1389: only the taxes are $1,139 so based on what i calculate fees charged are about $300.

I have not told them that i will try to get the rebate signaturegrad program. this should bring the sell price to $17731.

this is $3000 of rebates if i get the grad rebate. is there any room to ask them to hook me me up with maybe a spoiler for this price in reality the $3000 rebate is from nissan not from the dealer. i have seen some people get the 2.5s in early post with a conv package for less than $19000 not including the TTL.

what do you guys think
    Just announced by Nissan. Can combine w/ low APR or lease specials as well.
  • kamjamkamjam Member Posts: 5
    Rumour has it that the federal stimulus bill contains a tax credit for sales tax on purchase of a new auto.
  • loukinglouking Member Posts: 28
    Nissan Altima 2.5S with SL package. This vehicle has an MSRP of $ 26,155

I was quoted $ 21,247.

Any thoughts ?
  • peter05peter05 Member Posts: 3
    Looking to Lease 2.5 Altima SL for 39 months with 15,000 miles in the Boston Area.
    MSRP about $26,600 and nego price is $25,900.
    Have been quoted $300 month with first month plus $300 in Document fees due upon signing.
    Anyone know how much more room is there in this price?
    Are Document fees negotiable?
  • kamjamkamjam Member Posts: 5
    that w/ sunroof? but, wow, where'd u get that quote? if that's for real, it's an amazing price. something tells me they're not telling you everything tho. i'd love to call that dealer and if it's within 300 mi of us, i'd go down there and pick one up too.
  • dealmaestro10dealmaestro10 Member Posts: 20
    This is what I am getting, how much room do I have for negotiation, can someone please suggest. Thanks

MSRP: $25,980.00

Selling Price: $21,077.00
  • zorro16zorro16 Member Posts: 31
    dealmaestro10 ,

where did you got that quote from? which dealer ship??

is it a manual or automatic .i think thats the best price that you got so far.

was there any trade in involved??
    Got the quote from Jim M'lady Nissan in Illinois. This is the quote that I have got without bargaining any further, and about automatic transmission, I have asked that question, once I get the reply, I will post it here.
    But since this is what they have quoted, I can probably knock off a few hundred dollars more.
    This is an automatic transmission. The options are sunroof, power drivers seats, heated leather seats, power windows, power door locks, keyless entry, cruise control, am/fm radio, cd player.
  • uwbadger98uwbadger98 Member Posts: 2
    just leased one today and got a crazy good deal.....
    $220 per month for 39 months, no money down, no destination fee, no doc fee, no etch/tire or other bs fee....got them all waived....

paid just tax, motor vehicle fees and the standard acquistion/fee(only bs fee couldnt get waived, but only $495)

hope this helps someone who is looking!
  • zorro16zorro16 Member Posts: 31
    deal mastero10

is the 1500$ rebate that the nissan is offering on altima included or not in $21075 ???
    Yeah the rebate is included in that price.
  • gregd1gregd1 Member Posts: 38
    Edmund's TMV prices are too high. With vehicle sales slow, one should be able to get at least 1500 under invoice. 1500.00 is the current rebate and if they moan about not making any $$'s on the deal, they are wrong. They get 400-700 hold back profit on every deal, plus an volume, end of month, quarter incentives.
    Wow, Exton Nissan seems sleazy. They obviously wanted to play the trade game by over valuing your trade in to make the new car price look great. I have never traded a car in yet and will sell mine before I make a deal.

Last transaction (not a Nissan dealer or car), I sold my car to a private party. They I asked the dealer if they would 'wash' the car though their books (buyer did not care, just wanted the same price) and they agreed and only charged me documentation fees. I save allot of money for I only paid sales tax on the difference of the new car and the car I sold and yes its 100% legal, just have to find a dealer who is smart enough.
    Looks like a really good deal. Which dealer did you use and did you have a trade in?
  • 226ra226ra Member Posts: 4
    $23,199 (all dealer fees inclusive) + 5% MA sales tax

SL Package including the following options:
    -Splash guards
    -Convenience Pkg
    -Convenience Plus Pkg
    -Connection Package
    -Floor/Trunk Mats

MSRP $27,395 incl. destination

My price is approx $2500 under invoice including the $1500 dealer rebate.
  • daveb22daveb22 Member Posts: 19
    I received a quote on a 2009 Altima 2.5S CVT (with kickplates floor mats, & splash guards) for $18,800 plus tax, title and license.

MSRP - $22,855
    Invoice - $21,380

If you take the invoice price minus the rebates and the dealer holdback you come up with a price of $19,423 (21,380 - 1,500 - 457).

I guess my question is, how can they sell the car below this price? Are there any dealer incentives that I am missing? Is the quote I got a good price? I doubt they are selling the car at a loss.

Any feedback would be helpful.