Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• godeacsgodeacs Posts: 481
    I know about the VIN etching too (except mine was a bit cheaper.. ;))! It's standard on the purchase order where I bought my 08 Altima 2.5S too. They gave me the same line about saving on insurance....a check with my insurance company proved otherwise - won't save me a dime!

Still, got a good deal (at invoice) and love the car. So glad I got the 4 cyl instead of the V6...quiet yet powerful and expect great gas mileage.
  • Wow! What's the dealer's name? ASAP - I'm without transportation!
    I'd come out way ahead by going to San Antonio. I love that city anyway. Thanks for your help.
    Ancira Nissan off I-10. Bear in mind, it was the last day of the month and as a USAA member I was initially offered $400 over invoice. Test drove, showed a real interest (I was ready to buy if trade in went well, etc) and they knocked another $400 off. Probably could have gone a bit lower but was happy I found the car/color I wanted.

A very pleasant buying experience after getting jerked around by other dealers in the area. As a bonus, got a 7" personal DVD player (special that day) and some maint perks.

Good Luck!

PS Also check out Gunn Nissan on 281 just north of the airport. They have "1 Simple Price" - no haggling. Their prices were $1501 off MSRP which basically was only $100 or so over invoice on my spec'd car. Just didn't have the color/package I was looking for at the time
  • Really appreciate your speedy response. I'll let you know how it turns out.
  • sadatxsadatx Posts: 70
    I just purchased a 2008 Radiant Silver with black interior with the following specs in the Chicagoland area:

convenience package
    CVT
    splash guards

MSRP - $22,390
    Price Paid - $20,300
    Tax 7% - $1,426.84
    Plates and ERT - $168
    Doc - $58.48
    County Flat - $15
    Total - $21,968.32

Also got the floor mats thrown into the deal. So far, so good.

Hope this helps someone out :)
  • Just bought a 3.5 SE Coupe with Manual Trans. black on black

I have vpp though, which gave me a price of 23809.13 with just kick plates and floor mats.

OTD with 6% tax was 25453.48
  • hjd17hjd17 Posts: 8
    I just bought a 3.5se fully loaded with premium, and tech package for $28787. The only thing i didnt get is a good deal on the rate got 6.2%. Anybody know where i can get something less? Trying to apply at credit unions.
  • So i originally went to buy a used Altima, and ended up with an 08. I walked out of the dealership thinking I got a good deal. I originally walked out b/c the 1st offer was ridiculous. Then the team leader came out, and started playing with numbers. (mind you I never actually saw the sticker) I was looking at a piece of paper he was drawing numbers up on. He told me he "blessed" me, and he couldn't go lower, that this was the best price. The actual car price was 26033 (the original sticker says 26505, but the computer figures started at 29000) w/TTL price was 27878 ( i live in houston, harris county). I put 1500 down, plus 500 recent grad bonus, and then ended up getting extended service contract and maintenance. I financed 27647 @2.9 for 60 months. I feel like I got screwed......anyone have any comments? Definitely not the "DEAL" i was "Blessed" with.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,873
    A reporter with a large newspaper is hoping to talk to consumers who are looking to purchase a new midsize vehicle. Please reply to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, October 18, 2007 with your daytime contact info. along with what car (or cars) you are considering purchasing.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• See Post #1270...I posted my price on an 2.5SL w/ Connection package. I'm not sure from your post if you bought a 2.5 or 3.5.
  • jat12jat12 Posts: 10
    I am about to lease a 2008 Altima in white/blonde with the technology package included. With my VPP and student discount I was quoted with 3055 down and 253 a month for 24 months and 12k miles. Is this a good deal? I think that with both discounts and such a high downpayment I should have a lower number.... Please share your thoughts.
    I don't consider 6.2% a "good" rate! It's OK but most credit unions around here seem to be under 5% for folks with "good" credit.

You must deal with a lot of folks with bad credit if the ave is almost 9%!!
    I take it you didn't qualify for the 1.9-2.9% financing? That is one sweet incentive and would def help the monthly payments.

Check with CUs but you're likely to have the same problem, I guess. Like greenpea said, maybe 6.2% is a "good" rate in your case then...
  • 2.5 SL w/connection...sorry I didn't clarify. I did end up buying the extended warranty and the maintenance.....but i still feel like maybe I didn't get such a deal.
  • greanpea68greanpea68 Posts: 1,996
    I take it you didn't qualify for the 1.9-2.9% financing? That is one sweet incentive and would def help the monthly payments.

A lot of times people are paying the car off early. So they ussualy have exellent credit. They end up taking the rebate if they are paying it off early.
  • If you financed $27647 plus put $1500 down and got a $500 rebate, that would mean your OTD price was $29647. I was offered a extended warranty/maintenance pkg for $1500, but only got the extended warranty for $750 (7yr/100K) -- and I probably overpaid for that. It does seem like maybe you didn't get a great deal, but it is hard to tell without seeing the breakdown of numbers. I don't know about you, but I absolutely LOVE my Altima so far so as long as you're happy...
    Like me! I had no rebate but got a great deal AND took the 2.9% financing. But in his situation (I could be wrong) I don't think that's the case because everyone qualifies for 1.9-2.9% rate when you buy a 2008 Altima (unless, I suppose, you do NOT have good credit). Only rebate I see now (eff 2 Oct) is $500 for a college grad and to get it you have to finance with Nissan...ie 1.9-2.9%!! Somehow I think the lower interest rate is a better deal here; if you qualify.
  • greanpea68greanpea68 Posts: 1,996
    Yeah I jave to agree with you on the incentive for the 2008's You have a great vehicle enjoy it!!!
  • Just left dealer with '08 Altima SL with tech, spoiler, (paint sealant..hunh) everything as far as I know.

MSRP: 33,145

Dealer first offered 32,145...almost laughed. Heard usual we just got them in, plenty of '07's left.

Final price: 30,495
    Invoice: 30,006

Plus 2.9% for 60 months.
    It looks good to me. What do you think guys?
  • Hello all. I am looking to lease either a 2.5 SL Altima or a 3.5 SL Altima. With both, I would like to include the technology package, the connection package, rear spoiler and fog lights. Does anyone have a similar car? What are your lease payments like? Thanks in advance.
  • Hi All,

Just wanted to share my price on this board since this was very helpful for me when buying my Altima.

I bought the 2008 Altima (4dr Sedan, 2.5L), with the convinience plus package.

I got it for $21,850 + MD state tax and tags, total of about 23,200, and also got 2.9% financing. Basically, I went to the dealer with Invoice price printed from Edmunds, and told him I wouldnt pay a penny more...and I got about $100 off the invoice price.
  • jfelkejfelke Posts: 2
    Just picked up a new 08 Altima 3.5 SE

Premium Package
    VDC
    Floor Mats
    Al Kickplates
    Splash Guards
    Moonroof Deflector

MSRP: $30885
    Invoice $28273
    Paid $27973 plus PA tax/tags

Note dealers tag fee also included approx. $55 in documentation fees (profit) once I saw the breakdown. In reality paid approx $245.00 below invoice as quoted on Edmunds. Also financing at 2.9%.
  • jfelke,

Where in Pa are you located? What dealer did you buy from?

Thanks
  • jfelkejfelke Posts: 2
    Live in central PA, but found two dealers willing to negotiate to the same price. Courtesy Nissan in Altoona and Brenner Nissan in Mechanicsburg. Went with the one who had our 1st color choice.
  • myr11myr11 Posts: 2
    for those of you with the 2008's...How is the paint quality of the 2008's? If you have seen any 2007's is the paint quality any better? Any other noticeable differences?
  • tropotropo Posts: 15
    Do you believe that dealers can keep their doors open by selling at "Invoice"? The Dealer Invoice is not the dealer cost. I do not know about you, but a gross profit for the dealership of around 20% is very reasonable. This is not all in the pocket money. Financing the car, insuring the lot, turning the lights on, paying the sales people and so on, are all expenses that have to be paid. They are entitled to make a living just like you and me. I also got in June an Altima 07 SE with Tech package for 30K, and it was a good invoice price, I was joking with the sales manager "How do I keep buying cards from you for invoice and you are still in business". He was very honest with me and stated that they have incentives, just like any other distributor of any other product. Doing business is not about killing the dealer or robbing the customer.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Posts: 749
    a gross profit for the dealership of around 20% is very reasonable.

I hope you mean 20% if you pay at MSRP. If you buy a car at invoice - all rebates, I don't think the dealer will have that 20% profit.
  • I have found this forum helpful for pricing so thought I would post about my experience. I started looking in June of '07 thinking I would get an '07 Altima for a good price. However, I was being particular about the color and the options and ended up not purchasing. I recently purchased an '08 Altima exactly how I wanted it and with as good of a deal as I found in the '07s. Here's what I got:

2.5 Sedan with:
    -SL package
    -Connection Package
    -Super Black Exterior
    -Blonde Interior
    -Also included: Alum Kick Plates, Emergency Aid Pack, Splash Guards, Sunroof Wind Deflector, Floor Mats

MSRP: 26,775
    Invoice: 24,842
    My Price: 24,570 plus tax, title and documentation fees

Financed for 60 months at 2.9% (I live in Northeast Ohio)
  • Good job...that's $300 less than I paid in NC 3 weeks ago.
  • kimkaytkimkayt Posts: 15
    Just an FYI - the SE with Premium package is the exact same car as the SL, it just Looks like you're getting something special.... learned this the hard way at the shady dealer in town... we sat down and went over every single "premium" additional item and it was "Standard" in the SL,,, so don't get rooked into thinking they're helping you by selling you the SE,,, Premium was an additional $4K here, which made it MORE expensive than the SL... we went to another (awesome) dealer and picked up my Sonoma Red baby last night!