Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    Ok. Whew. A 60 month loan is better..

Sounds like a good deal, then..
  • pearljam7pearljam7 Posts: 11
    Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a 2008 altima 2.5s sedan CVT with convenience package today as it is the last day of the $1000 rebate w/ 3.9% financing as per the nissanusa.com website.

My latest quote has been $21,750 out the door (dest & handling, documents, TTL, etc..)
  • steevosteevo Posts: 339
    Do you think they will cancel the rebate and finance deal? I am guessing they will extend..... Seems like once they offer it they have to keep extending it until they introduce the 2009s.
    I'm not sure, I can only go by what is on the website and the fine print says it ends 3/3/08. I just received a counter offer for $21,500 which I am strongly considering. Do you feel there's more room to negotiate?
  • steevosteevo Posts: 339
    I am not sure because OTD is different for everyone and you never specified the msrp or exact options....If the only option is convenience pkg and price before tax and tags is close to 19000 give or take a hundred or 2, its looks like a good deal may as well go for it!
  • i just got a price from my dealer after negotiating for the 2008 altima 2.5s with sl package for $22,700 after the 1000 rebate. Is this a good deal? tax in my area is 7%, no destination fee
  • Bought this 2 days ago for 19,000 purchase price (20000 minus 1000 dollar for rebate plus the 3.9 fin for 60 months). Has Al kick plates, splash guards and mats. MSRP was 22835. Negotiated mostly over emails. At the dealership got a couple hundred more off. In LA area the OTD price was ~ 20,913 including taxes, fees etc. This was silver with charcoal int.

Love the car (had an older altima before this...)

Hope this is helpful to someone. This site was a great resource for determining what to target.

Thanks
    :shades:
    FL - I just bought a black on black 08 Altima 2.5 S sedan with CVT, convenience package, splash guards, and floor mats for $21,215 OTD. This is with 1k rebate, 3.9% financing, $500 grad rebate. I had no trade in and needed a new tag. Sales tax here is 7%.
  • karpediemkarpediem Posts: 46
    So that price is with the rebate, but not with the tax? If it is then I think you can do better. I have read on here people getting near what you got before rebates. Make 'em throw in a spoiler, some kick plates and splash guards for that price. For $500 more I got what you want, plus the connection pkg plus what I just said for you to have them add on. I still wonder if I could have done better.
  • hackdhackd Posts: 65
    See my post from end of Feb as you should be able to do better. I was at $21,850 with the SL package and that included a few accessories as well.
  • asav1976asav1976 Posts: 2
    Thank you all on this board for helping me work on what I think is a good lease.
    I just leased the 3.5SE LOADED including tech package for my wife yesterday at Sheridan Nissan in DE.

$1993 down inclusive of $1079tax, 185-tags, $369 1st payment, $300-security deposit
    15K miles per year
    39 month lease

When I walked in the door, they wanted 2K down and $550/month payment which is absolutely stupid.

Thank you guys for all of your help. I gainnes alot by observing your conversations.
  • really? will it matter if i live in pa instead of texas or california?
  • ral2167ral2167 Posts: 642
    what was your monthly payment?
  • karpediemkarpediem Posts: 46
    really? will it matter if i live in pa instead of texas or california?

Invoice for the 2.5 SL is $23,518 and I would think you could get below that, before the rebate. Try to shop around to different dealers, I did all my negotiating through email.
  • kw_dakw_da Posts: 73
    Hi,

What dealer did you buy from in LA area? Did you have a trade?

Thanks
  • hackdhackd Posts: 65
    I actually live in Long Island so I would tend to think my cost would potentially be higher as everything is usually more expensive here.
    I think you should be able to get a lower price than many of us in the interior US
    (Tennessee, especially) because of the increased competition between dealerships and the proximity of cities. (I'm sure you could go to DC, Baltimore, or even NY or Boston for your car if you really wanted to, whereas I'm restricted to Atlanta or Chicago at best)

I have noticed that it costs more to buy a car in Nashville than it does in Chicago, Boston, or DC.

Competition is the key factor. Get a bunch of dealer quotes, and a few from cities further away, and take the lowest price to your local dealer and get them to match the price, if possible...
    Yes, the OTD price includes tax which ended up being about $1300 or so and also tag, registration, etc...
  • rmj2179rmj2179 Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5SL white frost w/ blonde int. and then discovered this website! I paid $23,325 OTD... Good deal?
  • stkntrafficstkntraffic Posts: 172
    OTD is meaningless since we don't know where you live and how much taxes you pay there. Better idea is to post the purchase price of the car plus any dealer doc fee.
  • icepoloicepolo Posts: 9
    Is there anyone could give me an adivse where in Queens, NY dealership offers a good deal for the '08 Nissan Altima 2.5 S w/ Convenience Plus Package? Is the Technology package a prerequisite for the Spoiler or Fog light? This is my first time buying a car. :D
  • rlohrmanrlohrman Posts: 5
    Here is my suggestion for purchasing your car. First determine exactly what options you want on your car including engine, packages, color, etc. Next, determine what the invoice price is for your car via this website. Then, assuming that there is more than one dealership in your area, email each of them indicating that you have an offer in writing (I suggest you state this offer is at least $200 below invoice with 3.9%) and you are giving them the chance the BEAT this offer.

Sit back and wait for their responses. Some will igore you, some will say take the deal and some will say come on in. For those that say come on in, confirm via email that they have the exact car as indicated in your email and that they are willing to beat the deal you currently have. Once at the dealership, should they try to bait and switch (which some will...it happened to me), just walk out.

The important message here is that you are creating an environment where one dealership is competing with another for your business. It eliminates the process where they are constantly asking you to "meet them halfway" on the difference between what they are offering and what you are willing to pay. Just keep referring back to the email (make sure you bring a printed copy of your email and their response) and say..."I have my deal...just giving you the chance to beat it". And do not feel you have to answer them when they question where you got the deal from...it is none of their business.

This is exactly what I did here in Dallas and got a Slate Gray 08 Altima Coupe with the premium package for $400 below invoice. It took time and patience, as well as walking out of two different dealerships, but it was worth the effort. You will also find that as the month-end approaches, you will find them more anxious to sell you a car....so wait until the last possible day of the month to make your deal.
  • dano257dano257 Posts: 3
    Conv. Pkg, first aid kit, floor mats, splash guards. including the NJ 7% sales tax, $264 registration fee and the ridiculous "$1.50 per New Tire Fee" ...what the heck is that??? Anyway... OTD: $21100. Trade was worth $8000, gave them $3417.00, and financed $10K at 3.9% for 48 months $225/month seems like a fair deal... although I felt my trade was worth more, I guess the only number that matters is the OTD price....correct? Opinions.....
    2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan

I'm planning to buy a Nissan Altima 2.5 Sedan (Grey color) w/ Convenience Plus package. Recently, I was given a price by a dealer and wasn't sure if its a good deal. I wanna know which price I should refer to, since I have never bought a car before. Im guessing these prices excludes destination charge, tax, title, and DMV fee?

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S Sedan

MSRP Price :$20,805

Invoice Price :$19,629

Sales Price :$19,079

NemetDirect Price: $17,829
    That price does not include the Convenience Plus Package; mine doesn't have the sunroof or alloy wheels (Convenience Package) and stickered at $22,565. That looks like the price for a base model.

$17,829 seems like a good deal, but it looks like its for a base, 6MT model with no options. And yes, that price looks like its before taxes, title, and plates.
    Tell them exactly what you want; an Altima with the Convenience Plus Package, and tell them that you want a price quote before taxes. Get this from multiple dealerships.

Some dealers will try to charge you a doc fee (the Nashville dealers are horrible about this). Just ask the dealers to itemize their price, listing the price of the car and any/all document fees they try to charge you.

Once you have your price, print off the lowest offer, take it to your local dealership, and ask them to match or beat it. If they won't, and try to get you to bump up your offer, leave.

And always, if you agree to a price over the phone, get a confirmation e-mail, and print it off to bring it to the dealership when you pick up the car, so they cannot claim that the price was not agreed upon. Inspect the car before signing the papers, make sure everything is in order before forking over a large check or signing the credit contract.

Make sure you make up your mind whether you want the 3.9APR/60 mo. plus $1000 cash, or $1250 straight cash. And make sure all the quotes you get include which incentive you're taking factored in. (personally, I'd go for the 3.9 and cash, as it saves you more than the $1250 straight, but not all buyers will qualify for the 3.9)
    Hope this helps!
  • dano257dano257 Posts: 3
    Bought an '08 Altima 2.5S w/ Convenience Pkg.
    MSRP 20,680
    Conv. Pkg 1,050
    Splash Gd 135
    floor mats 175
    emrgency kit 140
    dest. chg 625
    total 22,805
    Total OTD price including 7% NJ sales tax, $264 4 yr registration, $129 doc prep minus the $1000 rebate $21,417
  • jkooljkool Posts: 3
    Hi new here like to ask help coz considering buying 2008 altima 3.5 SE like to ask what is $500 cash rebate for graduate? I live in southern California. Like to ask some information a good price 3.5SE with sport pkg. buying next month. need help thanks
  • How Mutch should I pay for one and what options does that car come with. I am in the New York Area. SUmone elce will be driving this car for me I cant drive I am Leaguly blind. Looking at sand color Or gold. Frum what I have bin reading the Nissan altima is a verry good car. My dad had an altima he sold a few years back got it used was a1995 stick shift car verry good car gold Color. and he has a quest with almost 200000 MIles on it. so a verry few have problems with 2002 Altimas I am shore sum of those peapol missed a recall or two what do you expect the car is not New. that is the first year the new Mottle came out and that was a Hole new Engian for that car the 2 point 4 was used for 9 years grate Company Nissan. Pleas let me no the Price on the base altima sorry I got off topick And also sorry about my spelling cant wate till the New YOrk car show Next week look fored to it every year thankyou for reading my posting sorry it is real long Marco.
    Thanks for the input. I have decided to pursue Precision Grey '08 Nissan Altima 2.5 S CVT (Auto) w/ Convenience Plus Package. Options: Fog Lamps, Rear Spoiler & Floor Mat set.
    Does anyone have Fog Lamps & or Rear Spoiler as an added accessory to their 2008 Altima 2.5 S CVT (Automatic) with out the required packages e.g.,Technology, Connection, & SL package?? :confuse: