Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• alty1alty1 Posts: 3
    Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention that it's an automatic.

-Chris
  • ramped1ramped1 Posts: 159
    Your deal seems fine. I always wonder, though, why people ask whether or not their deal is good after they have bought the car? If you are happy, then why worry about what others think? Do you really want someone to tell you, "Nah, the deal stinks. You left a grand on the table?" There isn't anything you can do about it now, right? Except feel lousy if you think you got ripped off.

Good luck with your Altima. The SE is one of the best looking cars on the road, IMHO. What color, by the way?
  • alty1alty1 Posts: 3
    Hi ramped1,

I was just curious to see what other people thought. I'm aware that the sale is done and theres not much I can do, but it's just nice to see what others have paid for an Altima with similar options. I did read numerous posts on this yet I couldn't find very many with a similar Altima. It's almost like a reassuring factor to see that I didn't get ripped off and if I did then I will have to work a little harder next time. Simply a learning experience.

This car is absolutely spectacular! I got the Smoke color. I really wanted the Xenon headlights and Bose system, but realized that it wasn't worth the extra money to me. Possibly a future mod. Thanks for your input.

-Chris
  • rampedramped Posts: 358
    Sounds great. Probably the color I would buy, myself. Keep us updated on the Altima board.
  • cetaceacetacea Posts: 5
    Thanks for all the input. It has been stressful, and that's probably mostly self-induced.

You're right on the money with Classic. As I said in my earlier message, I was given asked for a ballpark, and it was agreed without hesitation.

Then, the following day, it was nixed by the SM, they wanted about a grand more, and we hadn't even gotten to the dealer fee.

But on the positive side, the rep at Bill Ray was great. They didn't have what I wanted on the lot, but I took another test drive in a 2.5S equipped with the Convenience Pkg., ABS/Side bags, and the EXTRA feature that I didn't want, a power moonroof.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have one, but it just doesn't work for my height from the waist up in really any sedan.

I also noticed on this drive that the storage compartment in front of the gearshift was just a little out of reach for me as a convenience.

That and a request for a deposit in order to bring the vehicle in from another dealership started me looking back at Toyotas.

I really liked the Altima, but the Camry is just so familiar to me. Not sure if I'll get a good deal on one ... but as you folks have reminded me that it's not so much the deal, it's how comfortable and happy one will be with their purchase.

Thanks again for the kind advice. Going to try to deal on a Camry today.

I would like to know how you folks feel about the side and head curtain airbags. I'm really leaning towards them. Please let me know.

Best Regards!

Marc
  • ramped1ramped1 Posts: 159
    Sorry to hear about your experience at Classic, but not surprised.

You did the right thing by walking. Nothing wrong with a Camry, especially the SE edition with a spoiler. It's not the enthusiast's car that a Mazda 6 or Altima SE is, but it's a very good car and, IMHO, not bad looking.

I say stick with the side bags and ABS package. Well worth the money. Not sure if Toyota is still offering the $1,000 rebate in the Southeast though. Something to check on before you try your deal. Good luck.
  • I went to the dealership because I had a coupon for a free "27 point inspection" for my '93 maxima, and while waiting I was checking out the altimas...I saw a couple of blue 2003 altimas (supposedly with 10-20 miles on each car), but I didn't bother haggling since I didn't know what target price I should be looking at.

Since they already have the 2005's on the lot, I was thinking of aiming for $14k+ttl..does anyone have any comments on this price? (we'll assume its a base 2.5S with auto --- the one I looked at has some useless convenience package, but I think they have base models too).
  • i'll also be eligible for the graduate student discount (well...not until this may, but they claim they can work around that), and they have a $1000 loyalty rebate (my parents purchased this car new from this dealer in '93...when I asked about this, the salesman said this was only for people who purchased a car in the last 6 months from them; i'm not sure if he's lying or not).
    I think the 03 Altimas have $2,000 rebates to customers, plus some dealer cash. Check the TMV link here in New Cars.

I'm not sure they can discount a new 03 enough to make it worth your while, though. The car is already two model years old, so the depreciation is going to be brutal. If you are shopping for a bargain, I think I'd go with an 04 ($1,500 rebate) unless they give you an unbelievable deal on the 03.

You can check on used 03 prices at the Edmunds used car TMV and get enough information to make an educated guess about what you should pay for a new one.

As far as the loyalty rebate, that sounds like a service offered only by that dealer. They set their own rules, so you will have a hard time arguing against their policy.
    finally!, so I had time to go to the TMV sites here and price out a used 03 Altima in outstanding condition, low miles, with the S package (just automatic as an option). The TMV price for my zip code (Orlando) comes to 16.5K, or 17.1K certified. Seems high to me. I would want to do better than that for an 03.

According to Edmunds, the 04 Altimas have $1,500 in cash rebates in the Southeast or 0.9 percent financing for 60 months. Your region may be different. There is $350 dealer cash if the dealer meets his sales goal.

In any event, $14K plus taxes and tags may be a reach for an 03, but all they can do is say No, right?
  • shasteenshasteen Posts: 1
    I contacted the email/fleet sales managers in my area last week and got a 2004 2.5S, with auto, ABS, side airbags, and tinting for $17,200 (after $1500 and $500 rebate). We decided to take the rebates with 4.29% financing over the 0.9% since I hate to pay for a car over 5 years. I was a little surprised at how hard it was to find the ABS/airbags option. We went with the sonoma sunset (red) exterior and tan interior for something that looks a little sportier. I did notice what people are saying about the interiors of the 05 and 04, but to me that didn't justify paying over $2k more. So far, the experience has been great!
  • maxamillion1maxamillion1 Posts: 1,467
    And from my experience here in Greenville/Spartanburg, it is actually easier to find a Base 2.5S with ABS than a 3.5SE with the option.

I acutally saw an Altima 2.5SL with Navigational System and NO ABS.

That's CRAZY!
  • I just got a 2005 Altima 3.5SL, with splash guards, and mats for 25041 plus tax and title. Was I ripped off or is this a decent price? I wanted ABS package, but could not wait.
    What was the MSRP?

Actually, if you have a 3.5SL, you actually HAVE ABS, just not the Side airbags/TRAC.

According to an e-mail I receieved, the 3.5SL and 3.5SEs with automatic have ABS standard, while Side airbags and TRAC are optional. The SE 5spd manual and the 2.5S and 2.5S with SL pkg have the optional ABS/SAB pkg.

Nissan USA has not updated their site to show this I don't believe.

You got a good deal my friend. Especially considering the 2005s came out recently.

I had one salemen try to sell me a 2.5SL for $25K, and it didn't even have a sunroof.

I looked, laughed and walked on by.....

I went to Atlanta yesterday, and I will be glad when I get my Altima.
    What color is it.

I was in LOVE with Seascape, but they don't make it anymore. I like Mystic Emerald, but you can't get Charcoal with that color.

I will probably end up with Polished Pewter or Smoke.
  • ygglyggl Posts: 3
    So far I'm happy. Following are the options.

2004 Altima 2.5S Automatic
    Polished Pewter / Frost
    F01 Convenience Package
    T01 ABS & Side Airbag Package
    A95 EC Mirror w/Compass
    L92 Floor/Trunk Mat Set
    B10 Splash Guards

The price is $18,449 (after 2000 rebate) before TTL. Not sure how good the deal is. But it's the only 2.5S with ABS and Convenience Package in my area. I was in a hurry to get it.
    I cannot find a single VIN# tag at all four door openings, under hood, inside of fenders of my 2004 Altima. My previous two cars had them everywhere. That's the primary clue when I check used car for any major accident. Does your 2004 altima have those tags?
  • jimmyjimmy Posts: 2
    Where are you located and how did you get a $2000 Rebate? My local area dealers (D.C. Metro) and Edmunds tell me only $1500 is available.

Kudos on the deal. Even if you had only gotten a $1500 rebate you would have beat my areas Edmunds TMV price by about $500.
  • 05 3.5SL MSRP was $27,730 (sold at 25000). Color is Polished Pewter/Blond. It is very hard to find the "going rate" on the 05's, thanks for the input. I will also have to check into that ABS thing.
    I'm in Boston area. It's actually $1500 + $500 rebate. $500 rebate is for new graduate only (past 24 months). I went to Quirk Nissan. Those guys are reasonable and professional. Highly recommended.
  • retoolsretools Posts: 1
    In Georgia area news paper price is 15,656 2.5s automatic. (brand new).
  • blitzboiblitzboi Posts: 4
    I ordered a Sparkle Red 2005 3.5SE M/T with no option packages from St. Clair Nissan in Toronto yesterday.

American readers should take note that Canadian Altimas are optioned differently than the US. We only have three option pkgs for the '05 Alty, applied in sequential order: Moonroof, Leather (incl. Bose stereo and auto-dimming mirror), and DVD navigation.

But mine is still an odd configuration, I guess most people take the sunroof and leather. There are reasons why I don't want those, and it has absolutely nothing to do with money. So, it's being ordered just for me from Smyrna Tennessee.

As for price, I used CarCostCanada.com's premium buying service (C$15) which provided a pre-negotiated, no-haggle, no-hassle deal of $500 over dealer invoice. That works out to C$26,979 + freight + taxes + gov't b.s., etc. It works out to $2,119.00 below the MSRP of C$29,098.

The sales manager said the car should be delivered in 4-6 weeks, so I'll report then when it came, how I like it, etc. etc.

P.S. Nissan Canada just updated their website today to show pics and specs of the 05 Altima. http://www.nissan.ca
  • sriksrik Posts: 1
    Recently, I bought a new 04 Altima 2.5S after doing some research on different web sites (including edmunds.com). I think I got it at a good price after 1,500 rebate... $16,720 +destination fee(198) tax+ registration fees.No convenience packages added. It came with EC Mirror w/compass and Temp. The dealer is located in WestHaven, CT. I checked with two more dealers and none of them were close to this price. They were all between $17,410 - $17,800. I started with 16,500 and after couple of days it settled at 16,720.
  • wcutlerwcutler Posts: 5
    I'm looking at a 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S listed at Total MSRP† $19,880.00.
    Its a basic model w/ 5 speed.
    What is a good price to go into the dealer with?
    The area is milwaukee, wi.
    Thanks for the help.
    Wayne
  • hockeytownhockeytown Posts: 1
    I'm looking to purchase either an 04 or an 05 Altima and am wondering if anyone has experience test driving either model year?

Are there major improvements for 05 over the 04 interior? ive heard bad things about the cheap looking parts. but it looks like the 05 interior is nicer.

Also...wondering if the extra price on the V6 is worth it...is the 4 cyclinder sluggish at all?
  • dannyledannyle Posts: 43
    What would be a good price for a 2004 3.5SE with the sport package in the Boston area? Does anyone know.

thanks in advance.
  • tartallinitartallini Posts: 9
    I just got back from test driving an O4 Altima 3.5SE and 04 Altima 2.5S... "Wow...I've got to say that the 3.5 is the way to go if you can afford it!" It's just a personal preference for 'more power', but it's noticable if you drive the 4 cylinder, then the V6 right afterwards.

I've been driving an SUV for the past five years and that could have something to do with it, but there's a horsepower jump between the two as well. I sat in both the 04's and 05's on the lot, and noticed NO difference in the two. The ride is comfortable, the engine peppy, and if you don't mind a bit of road noise inside the cabin... it's a great sedan in either engine size. I also test drove the Maxima, and while a great car, I liked the Altima a bit better... it's 'sporty', and with the 3.5... the same engine as the Maxima/Murano/and Z I think?... it's just plain fun.

The V6 is hot... but the 4 cyclinder is no slug... and certainly will have plenty of get up and go for fun, fuel efficient driving. Is it worth the difference in cost? I think so, but it's certainly a personal preference and budget thing. Is there a difference between 04 and 05... I didn't see anything!
  • dat2dat2 Posts: 242
    they have a 3.5se black 5spd with no options at one of the dealers here in louisville, ky. just wondered if anyone knows if the 5spd tranny is any different, i.e. the rubbery plasticky weird feeling '02-04 3.5 5spd, has it been improved at all?? i noticed the shifter itself looks different on the 05's.

i see the msrp for a 3.5se 5spd in canada is c$29,000, which converts to like us$20,500 or so. that is a considerable price savings!! anyone try buying a nissan in canada????????
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,550
    "Is there a difference between 04 and 05... I didn't see anything! "

Altima: ‘04 - ‘05 diffs

There are many – but the question is: are they important to you?

One big difference for me is the 5 speed automatic (vs. 4 speed in ’04) with a (very well executed) man-u-matic function. The ’05 EPA highway rating on the 3.5L V6 w/auto is now 30 mpg. (30 mpg times 20 gal. tank = 600 mile range!) And it enhances the fun to drive component significantly for me. Well done, Nissan!

If the interior differences don’t matter to you – ok. But they are there. Various sources on the ‘net list all.

- Ray
    Impressed with the ’05 . . .
  • muppiemuppie Posts: 1
    I dont know anything about buying a car. So is $24,300 DRIVE OUT(after tax, ttl, fees..etc) a good deal for a New 2005 White Altima 3.5Se Automatic,with Side Sills and Splash Guards and Floor Mats, nothing else? If that is not a good price, what price range should I target?

THANKS.