Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Thanks to earlier articles, I was able to buy a new 2010 2.5SL with Conv, Conv+, SL,Bose Audio, Mats, splash guards, trunk organizer, moonroof deflector, alum kickplate, pinstripe, wheel locks, window tint for $25030 + TTL. I elected to go for zero down and 1.9% Financing vs. an extra $1K rebate. By having other offers, I was able to get extras thrown in (1yr of free oil changes, pinstripe, wheel lock, window tint,etc.). Truecar.com validates great offers, so it is a must use. If the dealer knows you are informed, they tend to cut to the final price quickly. The whole experience took about an hour from test drive to signing papers.
  • karrie_lkarrie_l Posts: 3
    I'm not sure if its just the cvt for the altima coupe, but it sounds different from the cvt on the murano I own. As other have mentioned, the coupe feel's really sluggish when I do have less then 500 miles on it, so maybe the engine has not been broken in yet. The blind spot on the left may be a big problem for some people. It did take me a while to get use to it.
    Even given all of this, I still love my car and I would definitely recommend it if you can get a good price.
  • sumukhssumukhs Posts: 9
    Hi Karrie,

I intend to buy the sedan. Sorry for the pricing details I gave you.I meant it for the 2010 sedan. I think for the coupe,its a pretty good deal. so you havent overpaid i think :)
    thats nice to hear.have a nice journey with the car :)
  • elestoqueelestoque Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    I want to know how my price is:

2010 Altima 2.5S Auto with conv. pkg, floor mats, and splash guard for $20,300 not including TTL. I know someone mentioned $19,020, but it was hard to believe it was a real deal.

What do you think of my price?
  • pjain1pjain1 Posts: 2
    I mentioned the $19,020 + TTL deal. But that was end of March and Nissan was offering a $1000 rebate at that point. If the rebate is not available anymore, 20K sounds good.
  • Hi pjain1

The price I got ($20,300) is including $1,000 incentive. They are still offering this incentive. I wonder anyone is getting the deal under $20,000 for the spec I mentioned.
  • cheech4cheech4 Posts: 2
    I've been searching by way of the internet.How does this quote look?options include pemium pkg.sports pkg. aluminum kick plates,and carpeted floor mats.total price out the door -27702.20 this includes all sales tax and transfer of registration.I asked him to send me a purchase order by email to see it.Any thoughts on this ?
  • rocky718rocky718 Posts: 3
    Hi,
    Any of you recently purchased 2010 2.5S with Conv & Conv+ in NJ area? If so, how much did you pay? Is $21,719 good starting price? Price will jump $1000 if I go with 0% APR for 36 months. How is your experience with North Plainfield Nissan, NJ?
    Thanks,
    Rocky
  • kryptonyckryptonyc Posts: 20
    Rocky RUN AWAY FROM NORTH PLAINFIELD NISSAN!! I went there first n was turn off by their sales 101 games and Im glad I did got a better deal with DCH Nissan in Freehold call them speak to Shay Patten ask him to beat that price. Also if u go you'll see the difference...good luck. Oh yeah that price seems a bit over price
  • rocky718rocky718 Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    kryptonyc
    Thaks for the heads up. I was considering them as they offer free lifetime oil & filter chagne. Do you mind me asking what you bought and how much did you pay at DCH Nissan?
    Thanks..
    Check edmunds review on them n see that lifetime is a bait n switch tactic (sic). I got a 2010 Altima 2.5 SL w conv package, conv Package plus, Audio package, mud flaps, wind deflector, all carpets, for $25,307 +TTL I got the service plus n maintance plus just because my fiance will b driving it more than me n its a peace of mind in total the car was $27,780 and change after all rebates. We also got an extra rebate of $500 cause we had a 1999 toyota camry. Also check dealer rate website n check both dealer reviews. Let me know if u need anything else dude. Goodluck
  • justinp85justinp85 Posts: 11
    edited April 2010
    2010 2.5S with these options.

CONVENIENCE PACKAGE $1,100
    CONVENIENCE PLUS PACKAGE $1,150
    SL PACKAGE $1,540
    SPLASH GUARDS
    5-PIECE CARPETED FLOOR MAT/TRUNK MAT SET
    MOONROOF WIND DEFLECTOR
    TRUNK SUB-FLOOR ORGANIZER W/FIRST AID/EMERGENCY KIT
    ALUMINUM KICK PLATES

MSRP = 27070 and Adjusted market value (what a rip off) was 28365.
    Invoice = 25100
    My Price = 23250 including 1000 rebate.
    Driveout was 25000 in TX.

I didn't get for the special financing. I went for 3.79 for 36 months and I hope to pay off the car very soon.

add your prices here so we can have it all in one place.

http://www.realcartips.com/2010-Nissan-Altima-Prices
  • westvirginiawestvirginia Posts: 15
    edited April 2010
    2010 2.5S Sedan 2.4L

With:
    CONVENIENCE PACKAGE
    CONVENIENCE PLUS PACKAGE
    SL PACKAGE
    PREMIUM AUDIO PACKAGE
    SPLASH GUARDS
    5-PIECE CARPETED FLOOR MAT/TRUNK MAT SET
    TRUNK SUB-FLOOR ORGANIZER W/FIRST AID/EMERGENCY KIT
    ALUMINUM KICK PLATES

28,230 MSRP
    26,133 Invoice

Got it for invoice plus 150 to cover expenses on retrieving the car from another dealer. It had a couple things I didn't want, but it matched the most important stuff. I probably could have got more off, but it was pretty painless to get invoice, plus they gave me what I wanted from my trade-in. Edmunds TMV was 25,862.

This is my first Nissan and the way they group packages is goofy. You end up with stuff you don't want.

I went with 1.9 fianancing instead of rebate because it was cheaper in the long run.

We test drove every midsized family sedan and the Altima came out on top with Camry second. The Camry was a serene drive, not sporty like the Altima. The new Sonata was dissapointing after all the hype, we even own another Hyundai and were excited to test drive it. Accelerating on turns, the Sonata steering would pull strongly out of your hands. I feel that is a saftey concern especially with new drivers. It also had severe blind spots when looking over your left shoulder. Fusion had a lot of wind noise. The 2010 Sonata would have been a an inexpensive fall back if you wanted a cheap car with a nice ride.
  • seunghunseunghun Posts: 3
    MSRP - $26,830
    (SL Package, Splash guards, Aluminum Kick Plates, Floor/Trunk mat)

paid $23,200 + TTL 4.9% for 60 month.I took $1,000 incentive instead of a special financing.
  • editor2editor2 Posts: 64
    edited April 2010
    MSRP $26,820
    Invoice $24,928 or so

SL Package, splash guards, floor/trunk mats, subfloor trunk emergency kit
    Car wasn't on lot, brought in for me (I wanted a color/leather not there)

Paid $24,400 + TTL 1.9% for 60 mos. (not the cash)

Prices paid in this area tend to be $107 or so above national average.
  • maweissmaweiss Posts: 6
    Just off the lot from Maroone Nissan of Miami, great buying experience (I'm very surprised to be saying this).

2010 Altima Sedan 2.5 S, Ocean Gray
    No packages
    Trade-In: $9,000 (they actually paid above our CarMax offer by $500)
    Down Payment: $3,500
    Nissan Rebate Incentive: $1,500
    Tax,Tag,Title, Fees: ~$1,700 (Miami tax is 7%)
    Finance Terms: 48 months @ 3.00% via SunTrust Bank
    Monthly Payment OTD = $204.85/month

My lesson here was:
    - go in with all your homework done and all your numbers ready
    - computer in hand, connected to a 3G network if you need to look things up while at the dealer
    - dictate your terms and be ready to walk if it is not met
    - negotiate the price of the car first
    - negotiate finance terms last with finance team
    - leverage your excellent credit (if you have it)
    - KNOW your limits both up and down

Ask for Victor Hugo in sales and Johnny for Finance!!!
    :)
    What was the car price you negotiated?
    edited April 2010
    Sorry for duplicate post, I tried to cancel this. Wanted to know MSRP/invoice/price you negotiated.
    I believe there's a $500 dealers hold back cash allowance, we got it back in February just because we had a Toyota but it wasn't a trade. So I will double check with your dealer n see if they have other incentives to make this deal to happen.
  • getzjdgetzjd Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    2.5S from Busam Nissan in Cincinnati
    Conv
    Conv Plus
    Premium Audio
    SL Package
    Spoiler
    Floor mats
    Aluminum kick plates

$25,369 +TTL @ 1.9% 60 months

Not too bad
  • 2010 Altima 2.5S Sedan
    Winter Frost (white) with blonde (tan) interior
    All standard factory equipment plus these options:
    - 5 Piece Floor/Trunk Mats
    - Splash Guards
    - Aluminum Kick Plates
    - SubTrunk Organizer with First Aid and Road Side Assistance Kits
    - Nitrogen Filled Tires

MSRP: $23,180
    Invoice: $21,726
    Additional discount:
    Nissan rebate:
    Your internet price: $19,726 +ttl.

This is my first quota. I am wondering if I can beat the final OTD price to 18,000. Anyone can share his experience?
  • perl5perl5 Posts: 17
    I bought one basic 2.5S with MSRP as $22,735, OTD price $20,600 with 0 APR/36months.
  • soulreaversoulreaver Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am looking for a used 2007 Altima 2.5S. The dealer is quoting me a 15.5K + ttl for one which has 22K miles on it in MA area. Should I take it? Is it a good offer?
    Soul for a few thousand more you could get a brand new 2.5S - but you know your financial situation better than anyone - 22K miles 2007 car - price sounds a bit high try to lower that some more...good luck
  • soulreaversoulreaver Posts: 2
    Thanks Kryptonyc. I was thinking about a used one because i plan to use it for not more than 2 years. But if i get a new one and resell it, it would be depriciated too much! and so i was thinking about a used one with a reasonable mileage.

Anyways, the dealer wouldn't budge on negotiation so i am outta luck there. :sick:
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    I agree. If you can afford it comfortably, just pony up for a new one.

Also, if you are only going to drive it 2 years, why not just lease it? I know most lease specials are 36 months, but you could see what the cost is for a 24 month lease and compare. I know Nissan at one point did a $199/month, 36 month lease special on the 2.5S.

See how a 24 mo. lease pencils out... That might be better than buying the new one and trading it in after 2 years.
  • retyreretyre Posts: 1
    I'm shopping around for a 2010 Altima 2.5S with the convenience package, and have been quoted a price of $21.2K before TTL and $23.5K OTD. Is this a good deal? FYI, this is in the Orlando area.

Thanks in advance.
  • andymbandymb Posts: 4
    Hi kk don! That's a great deal compared to what they are giving me here in NJ. I was wondering if you could tell me where you purchased your 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5S, because that is exactly the same car I want as well, but they're charging an arm and a leg here and are playing the haggling game (which is so annoying); the lowest I've received so far is $21, 365.40. I'm pretty sure it can go lower than that, considering your otd price. Could you please tell me where you purchased your Nissan Altima; I may be making a trip to North Virginia very soon if I can get a deal as amazing as yours! ~Thanks!
  • popgumpopgum Posts: 4
    wow, 18K OTD is great,
    I am still in negotiating with the dealers,
    Altima 2.5 S no option
    @ San Diego now got 18,995 after rebate that is 20,600 with TTL, no finance.
    This is the offer from Julie Hicks @Oceanside Nissan

Since I am going to finance I guess the number will change. Will come back report to you guys
  • popgumpopgum Posts: 4
    Nissan Altima 2.5S First Day Quote @ San Diego area

after rebate, no finance.
    @Nissan Oceanside 18,995
    @Nissan Poway 19,495
    @Nissan Escondido 19,995
    @Nissan Kerny Mesa 20,400

Above are the first quote reply I got from them. Guess I can work on it a little bit more.
    Anyone give me some suggestion?