Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mazda6dudemazda6dude Posts: 283
    It only has floor mats. Its silver with gray interior. I am trying to get lower if possible.
  • xcountryflyerxcountryflyer Posts: 30
    edited August 2010
    I think you should be able to get lower. When I was helping my brother look there were tons of base 2.5S models around. Supply is definitely in your favor. Hopefully, you live in an area with at least a few dealers to choose from so you can go quote shopping and price beating.

My brother only liked two colors and wanted Con. and Con. Plus Pkgs. so we only found 3 in all of NorCal, but we still got $4622 off of MSRP.
    The MSRP is $22,725. The dealer has given me 2 options:

$20,000 OTD with 2.99% for 60 months financing or

$21,000 OTD with 0% for 60 months financing.

What do you all think I should do? Thanks.
  • jtfieldsjtfields Posts: 11
    $21,000 OTD with 0% APR is close to what I got. I wasn't given a 2.99% option. The deals are pretty darn close but the 0% is a better deal, payments will be $350 per month vs. around $360 with the 2.99%. Since they are both five year deals you should be able to tell which is better simply by comparing the payments.
    edited August 2010
    When it comes to financing - I'm completely lost. Like the previous poster said, you'll have to look at the monthly payment and total cost over the life of the loan, and what you can afford. Was this the best offer from the dealers you looked at?
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Posts: 204
    Very informative and helpful post...and thank you for mentioning the dealers. Not enough posters do that. Enjoy your Altima.
    Yeah, this was the best offer from all the dealers I looke at. In the end, I didn't buy a altima or any other car. I will wait to see if any other offers come along. Thank for all your feedbacks.
  • kpandyakpandya Posts: 19
    edited August 2010
    Hi Guys,
    I was quoted $22500 final offer from the dealer for a
    '09 Altima 3.5 SE with Prem. & Sports Package.
    The car is certified, and has 26k miles on it.

Is this a good deal
  • lkdoglkdog Posts: 14
    MSRP is $30,195
    Invoice is $27,731

Has Premium, Sport, and Mat options.

Moderate size dealer in Midwest. They have about 35 Altimas on the lot, but all are 2.5, 2.5S, 2.5SL except this one.

It has sticker on window, but looks like a dealer staff has been driving it home a bit-has personal papers on the seat, change in cup holder, etc.......

Edmunds TMV says $27,988 and then customer cash back of another $1500 for a final price of $26,488.

US News says $26,650 is average price paid.
    US News says Dealer actual cost is $25,412.

What should I shoot for here?? Zip is 61265.

Thanks. Am a longtime Camry owner and want to switch.
  • pen2pen2 Posts: 6
    We also switched from Camrys to an Altima and have been happy so far.

We paid $5100 under MSRP for our 2.5S, which was the deal advertised in the paper that week, and is not uncommon here. I don't know about the 3.5, but would guess that the dealer would make money selling at least $5000 under MSRP. For these cars, TMV is way high.
    Pen2- Thanks for info-

What area of country are you from?
    I am in Midwest halfway between Chicago and Des Moines.
  • What kind of incentives do you think we will see after August 31st? Will there be a whole new round of advertised or may even unadvertised sales come Labor Day?
  • kpandyakpandya Posts: 19
    any thoughts guys??
    I'm in Portland, OR. Weekend newspaper ads for Altima 2.5S' here fluctuate between $3500 and $5000 below MSRP.
    I'm in Portland, OR. Weekend newspaper ads for Altima 2.5S' here fluctuate between $3500 and $5000 below MSRP.
    Follow up to my earlier post.
    MSRP $30,195
    Invoice $$27,731

Sport, Premium and Mats package.

I was quoted $26, 731 this morning. Not bad.
    Car has 775 miles on it as one of the managers has been driving it.

I think they will move a little bit more on it if I want the car.

Am now torn between it and a 2011 Camry XLE V6.
    Altima is more fun to drive, better handling.
    Camry is smoother and quieter ride.
    The 17" wheels and suspension on the Altima is fun, but ride is a little bumpy.
    I loved the CVT tranny on the Nissan.

Also drove a 4 cylinder Altima 2.5 SL. Very nice. I just am too used to V6 engines.
    The 2.5SL ride is smoother with the 16" wheels and softer suspension.
    Based upon the quote I just got above and info from other sources it seems that a new 2010 3.5SR with Prem and Sports package are going for around 26,700 on average.
    In your case you would be getting a $4000 cost savings to get the same car with 20K miles and a year older model year.
    I do not know what Certified means. It may bump up the warranty for you which expires at 36,000.
    The CVT transmission on the new ones are warrantied for 100,000 if that makes a difference to you.

If it is in mint shape-sounds like a decent deal really.
  • It would be really helpful if you provided some research and price estimates from KBB, Edmunds and NADA first.
    edited August 2010
    Please price before taxes/fees/licensing. It makes it apples to apples.

Folks are getting $4500-5000 off invoice so that's what you should shoot for (including rebates).

I would not be happy that it was driven 800 miles already. That would be a deal killer. Even though it is "technically" new - to me it is "used."

Have you driven a Camry SE V6? Given a choice between a 800 mile Altima V6 and a brand spanking new Camry V6 - I'd go with the Camry if deals were close.
  • I bought a 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S with convenience plus and premium audio package over the weekend in NJ and I paid $24,300 OTD with trade in which was probably worth $500 with all the things wrong with it but they offered me $1300 to make the car look cheaper. The dealership said they could go cheaper with the rebate but I would have to give up the 0%. I'm sure I could have gotten the price down but I was so sick of this haggling back and forth. But I did go to another dealership before that and they said $24,000 OTD but they would not give me 0% for that price either. That dealership offered $25,000 OTD with 0%.
    Please price before taxes/fees/licensing. It makes it apples to apples.
    Folks are getting $4500-5000 off invoice so that's what you should shoot for (including rebates).
    I would not be happy that it was driven 800 miles already. That would be a deal killer. Even though it is "technically" new - to me it is "used."
    Have you driven a Camry SE V6? Given a choice between a 800 mile Altima V6 and a brand spanking new Camry V6 - I'd go with the Camry if deals were close.

********************************************************************************- ****************
    My quote of $26,731 was before TTL.

As for getting $4500-5000 below Invoice-I think you must have meant MSRP-not Invoice.
    I don't think anyone is getting a 3.5SR V6 with an MSRP of $30,195, and an Invoice of $27,731 for $22,731 to $23,231.

I like Camry's -have owned three of them. I do not like the interior on the SE models, though and getting one with leather package, and a V6, and the bluetooth package pushes the price up over the XLE actually in some cases.
    The Altima 35.SR is a better deal IMO.

I agree with you that the 800 miles on the car is annoying and I will need to get a price reduction if I go with it.

I would be happy with around $25,800-$26,000 before TTL.

According to True Car- out of the last 129 actual sales of 3.5 SR V6 units bought with an MSRP of $30,195- about 13 have gotten it for less than the dealer cost of $25,412. Only 10% of people are getting to below dealer cost.
    edited August 2010
    Oops. Yes, I mean $4500-5000 off MSRP (including $1500 rebate).

Are there any other equivalent 3.5SRs in your area?

I'd shoot for $25,700 or lower.

Have never seen the TrueCar site. Very interesting.

My brother's price of $20,518 on a MSRP of $25,140 made it in the top 15% of 1660 similar cars sold nationwide. Darn it - should have bargained harder!
  • jtfieldsjtfields Posts: 11
    I also was unaware of TrueCar.com. That seems like a great resource assuming the data is accurate. Wish I would have known about it BEFORE I bought my car.
    There are two other 3.5SR's in the area and they both have more options which raise their MSRP to 32K and 34K.
    Have no idea what the 34K one has on it. I did not even look. :surprise:

Would love to get them under $26,000 if I go for it.

Right now deciding if the Altima is the right car for me.

Your brother did great!
    edited August 2010
    It's probably worth seeing how low that dealer would go on the $32K model. If its the same price as the lesser equipped one with 800 miles and it wasn't driven so much, I'd consider it.

Thanks - my aunt is a member or USAA and they have a car buying quote service. We had another dealer match the lowest quote we got so there wasn't much haggling.

I did quite a bit of research into the Altima and reviews were all over the map. Consumer Reports and Consumer Auto Guide really like the Altima. Motor Trend not as much. Car and Driver likes it, but hasn't tested it in awhile.

To me the biggest negative on the Altima is the function over form dashboard. Functionally it works great - styling wise it is pretty boring compared to competitors. Nissan has worked to improve the interior quality and materials and to me it was better than the Camry and slightly below the Accord. IMHO, the next-gen Altima will follow the Maxima in having an Infiniti-style interior.

Have you looked at the Accord? I'd prefer an Accord EX V6 over an XLE V6. How about a Subaru Legacy GT?
    Just drove an Accord yesterday- the EX-L V6.
    Loved the interior. Liked how ti handled.
    Really disliked the V6 response and the road noise in the Accord is pretty bad.
  • I'd put the Altima and Accord at the top for handling. The Accord interior definitely has some style, but with a plethora of buttons. Hondas have been dinged on road and interior noise for years and it really hasn't been rectified. I guess they cut that's where they cut costs. The space inside the Accord is quite large, but then it is also comes at a price of slightly bloated styling. The Altima is an all around more quiet car with a bigger trunk and a V6 that has more low end grunt. Not sure what the pricing on an EX-L V6 is, but the EX-L V6s pretty much come loaded - definitely more equipment than the first Altima you're looking at.
  • NADA - 21775 - 22950
    KBB - 21365
    Consumer Report - 15900-22500

hope that answers your question,

thanks for the reply btw
  • Buying a used car is always tricky at the end of the model year. Essentially, the used car valuations are not taking into account that another year of depreciation is near. This also includes dealer pricing. You're essentially buying a 2-year old car.

Personally, I think that price is too high considering the economy and imminent 2011 models.

When buying a used car, private party or dealer, if the prices aren't in private party area pricing - I won't bite. Used retail prices are overpriced.

Are you desperate for a car or can you wait?