Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tjinvatjinva Posts: 23
    edited December 2010
    We just picked up the car - a new 2011 Altima 2.5SL - from Northern Virginia

MSRP of $30,485 on the vehicle plus all-weather mats for the front and rear thrown in that has a MSRP of $90.
    39 month lease/15K miles per year
    Money Factor: .00153
    Residual: 60%
    Miles on odometer: 37 miles
    Only front end payment was the first month's lease payment of $273.64
    Sales tax, tags and bank acquisition fee are all integrated into the lease payments

I don't know what things are like in other parts of the country but here in Northern Virginia, you can get a very good deal for a 2011 Altima but you do have to negotiate.
  • devildevil Posts: 9
    edited December 2010
    Hi,

Thanks for the info. Your lease contract should have a negotiated vehicle price before taxes, license and registration fees. Do you mind telling what that price was?

Thanks for your help.
  • Revrahaul,

What dealership did you get that deal from in Northern VA? I am in the market for the same car for my parents.
  • Wow, that is really a good price.
    Yes, I should have provided that information as well.

The capitalized cost before sales tax, tags and dealer prep was $24,718 which included the rebate that Nissan is offering. The $750 rebate is not available with this lease but the $500 rebate was given to reduce the cost.

There were at least a couple of dealers in the DC metro area willing to offer this deal or something close to it. With the month end coming up and the inventory of Altimas that many dealers have, it should be possible to negotiate a good deal.
  • jmm5jmm5 Posts: 4
    I just closed on a loaded 3.5SR on 12/30/10 at a Northern Virginia dealer and I think I ended up pretty well. Kudos to truecar.com for the assist.

Colors

EXTERIOR: Metallic Slate
    INTERIOR: Blonde
    Options

STANDARD PAINT
    [J92] MOONROOF WIND DEFLECTOR
    [C02] FEDERAL EMISSIONS
    [L93] 5-PIECE CARPETED FLOOR MAT/TRUNK MAT SET
    CHARCOAL, INTERIOR TRIM
    METALLIC SLATE W/ CHARCOAL INTERIOR
    [P01] 3.5SR PREMIUM PACKAGE
    [R01] SPORT PACKAGE
    [U01] TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE
    Incentives

$750 Customer Incentive
    (EXPIRES ON 2011-01-03)
    $500 Customer Bonus Cash
    (EXPIRES ON 2011-01-03)

Sticker Price: $32,295
    Your Price: $26,088

This dealer has agreed to price your deal relative to the Factory Invoice Price. Their offer is:

$3,460 below Factory Invoice
    (Includes Incentives)
    Factory Invoice: $29,548
    Dealer Offer: - $3,460
    Your Price: $26,088

The only catch was that the closest car already had the aluminum kick plates installed, but it only increased the price to $26,200 which still seems to be a great price. The only other potential issue was that the dealer normally charges a $389 doc fee, but they lowered it to $99 since I am a Maryland resident (max of $100 in MD). Sale went through quickly with no issues or dealer add-on crud. Financed with Pentagon Federal Credit Union at 2.99% for 60 months, but dealer did offer 2.69%. I decided I'd rather stick with the credit union for $2 extra a month. What do you all think?
  • skyfan1skyfan1 Posts: 37
    Seems like a very good deal. Did you purchase the extended warranty?
    Nope. I've never been a fan of those though we'll see how the CVT looks through 36k. I let the salesman/finance guys do their scripts for ex. warranty, paint sealant, etc., but simply declined them and they did not push it. It was a rather smooth process inspecting the car and then doing the paperwork to close out the process.
  • I purchased the 2011 Altima 2.5 SL with these packages and add ons:
    Premium audio package
    Convenience package
    Convenience Plus Package
    2.5 SL Package
    and
    splash guards
    floor and trunk mat set
    aluminun kickplates
    It also has a moonroof wind deflector which isn't listed on the MSRP sticker.
    Color is ocean gray with charcoal leather interior.

The MSRP was $28370.00 and I got it for $23,999. I already had financing and didn't use theirs. I refused any extended warranty. We also got a great financing rate through our credit union.
    I did all my negotiating by email and was told by the Nissan dealership that the price was only good through 12/31. I purchased on 12/30. Our credit union financing rate also expired on 12/30 so I needed to go ahead and purchase to lock in that rate.

I purchased from Peltier Nissan in Tyler, Texas. I tried to get a couple hundred more off as ocean gray was not my 1st color choice. My preference was white or black but they only had ocean gray, silver and tuscon red (which I really didn't like).

I feel like I got a good deal. I was surprised that I was able to get that much off since the Altima is the #1 family sedan according to Consumer Reports. What do you think?
    Did the pricing include sales tax, tags and processing?

Not sure of the market in TX but here in Northern Virginia, the same car is available for about $21,900 plus taxes, tags and dealer processing.

This particular dealership apparently ships to other states. I did not buy from them because a local dealership, a few miles from where we live, matched the price but I came close to getting it from them. The salesman, who was very professional and straightforward, told me that he sold a car to someone in TX and had it shipped there - obviously the cost of shipping would need to factored into the price.
  • No, that price didn't include tt&l.

What dealership in Virginia are you talking about?
    That would be tremendously under invoice unless they're charging some outrageous fee to ship.
    I don't know what they charge for shipping but I do know that if one wants to pick up the car from their dealership, it would be priced at the amount I stated.

I am not sure if the forum's rules allows me to post the link to the dealership and the very same MSRP of the vehicle that you bought. If some one would confirm that I can post the link, I will do so.

Don't ask me how they price it the way they do but it is genuine and given that I got the same pricing from a dealership close to where I live after I showed them the advertised price by this dealer, it is obvious that this sort of pricing although aggressive is something that is being offered by other dealers. But I would also say that if I were not aware of this pricing, I'd probably not have expected the level of discounting I received. I sent out a bunch of emails and received price quotes that varied by almost $5,000 between the highest quote and the vehicle that I purchased - all with the same MSRP.
  • Here's what I paid for my 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5SL, in case it helps anyone. Got it on 1/3/11 at Pedder Nissan in Hemet, California.

Overall, buying experience was very good. Although they did "trick" me into getting the trunk organizer (I knew I was being tricked but didn't care since I thought the base price was solid). And they did try to trick me by trying to sneak in the $300 vin etching -- but I didn't let them get away with that one.

Any way, here's what I got for $25,732 (out the door $28,554.49)

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5SL
    Premium Audio
    Technology Package
    Convenience Package 1
    Convenience Package 2
    Spoiler
    Fog Lights
    Floor Mats
    SL Package
    Kick Plates
    Splash Guards
    Trunk Organizer (!)

Hope this helps. Good luck on your next purchase!
  • I am getting an Altima 2.5s price quotation for 20,500 + TTL (Total $22,000) with Convenience and Convenience plus package +Alloy Wheels. Is this a good price or there is room for negotiation?
  • That's about $4000 off of invoice isn't it?
    I think that's probably a pretty good price. Are you able to get the color you want?

You could always email another dealership nearby and tell them the deal you've been offered and see if they'll beat it. That's probably what I'd do. But tell them that they have to make it worth your while to drive to their dealership.
  • Yes, its about 3500$ off the invoice price if I look at Edmunds invoice price.
  • That's a good price. I just paid 21000 for 2.5s w/bluetooth and special edition and a couple of other small extras.
  • I am getting Nissan Altima Base Model out the door for 18k. Is this a good price? This price includes the mats, and tinting.
  • skyfan1skyfan1 Posts: 37
    That is pretty good; I paid just about the same price for a new 2010 Altima with the same packages in August. It never hurts to contact the internet sales department at a nearby dealership, tell what you have been offered and see if they will beat it by quite a bit. I got my dealership to throw in items like a few extra small features, glass tint, kickplates, and 4 free oil changes. Every little bit helps.
  • I live in the Boston area, has anybody purchased an Alima from any dealers in that area?
    please let me know what type of deals are out there.
    thanks
  • jam808jam808 Posts: 14
    edited January 2011
    IS this a good deal.

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

This car does come with floormats. They're not standard on the car , but nearly every car we order we order with floormats (the customers, like you, demand them, and Nissan won't ship too many cars without them anyway).

The price I gave you was net of a 1250 rebate, and is below invoice (we are reimbursed by Nissan so we can sell it below nominal cost and still give you the rebate.

This car doesn't have bluetooth in it. I can add bluetooth for $250, or sell you one of two alternative versions.

Version one has the "convenience package" (alloy wheels, illuminated vanity mirrors, auto headlights, steering wheel audio controls, one touch up/down on the passenger window, auto up/down on the front windows with the keyless remote, power seat, leather gearshift knob) and factory bluetooth (and, yes, floormats and splashguards).

Sticker price is 24550. I can sell it for 21699.

Version two has the "special edition package (alloy wheels, spoiler, steering wheel audio controls, automatic headlights, leather wrapped steering wheel, foglights), factory bluetooth, floormats, splashguars.

This one has a sticker price of 24150 and I can offer it for 21049.

All of the prices are net of the rebate, plus tax, fees and tag.
    For 2011 Altima 2.5S, it is $19,588 plus sales tax(6%), tag, and dealer's fee($648..50).

Please add $1,150 for the Convience Package and $700 for the Special Edition.

that makes is 20738 convience pack

20288 SPecial ed
  • what is state tax portion. i am looking for base model too here NJ
  • pitufapitufa Posts: 1
    Saratoga, i'm also in boston in the market for the altima 2.5S. Any leads yet?
    They want 17,995 + TTL=19,999
    is 22,000 out the door good for a 2011 altima s 2.5 with convience package
    Vehicle Price: $24,270.00
    Preferred Customer Discount: - $2,498.00
    Customer Rebate: - $1,250.00
    Selling Price: $20,522.00

Sales Tax (estimate): + $1,348.63
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $200.00
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: + $8.50
    Dealer Service Fee: + $599.95
    Electronic Filing: + $98.75
    Balance Due (estimate): $22,777.83
  • czcon1czcon1 Posts: 22
    I negoiated a 2011 Altima 3.5SR sedan with
    $2,380 Premium Package
    $2,370 Sport Package
    $170 Aluminum Kick Plates
    $175 Carpeted Floor and Trunk Mats
    $760 Destination and Handling
    $30,605 Total Sticker
    $25985 negoiated price
    NY tax rate 7.5%
    With 1st month down, DMV, Inspection, tires, and all will come to approx $600 upfront.
    36 month, 15K year for $324
    How does that sound? I did'nt think it was bad but I came up with a payment that was cheaper and I'm waiting for a call that's going to explain.
    edited January 2011
    I don't think that sounds too great. I got the same car as you, but also got the technology package and wind deflector for just $100 more than you at Brown's Sterling Nissan in Northern Virginia using truecar buying service. See post 2866.

Sticker Price: $32,295
    My Price: $26,088 (price is down even more to be a bit above $25k now)

Using truecar for a New York zip (used Palisades, NY), I was able to get your configuration for only $23,555 so it sounds like you would be overpaying by about $2k.
  • czcon1czcon1 Posts: 22
    I used Truecar and the price you mentioned was about 3-4 hours away in NJ and they have'nt responded to any emails. Also there are four Nissan dealers in my area and this was the best negoiated price, about 5K total off sticker. I'm going in today to pick it up.
  • I am also in No. VA. and may look at Brown's. What strategy did you use to buy? Thanks