Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Expedition Owners Meet the Members

13»

Comments

• hi there, I am in the market for a new or newer car. I have 5 grandchildren and we do lots of camping, boating etc. I am looking at an excursion. I like the cargo room and 3rd seat. I'm kind of torn between an expedition, excursion, or suburban. Any suggestions? I pull a small pop-up camper, but want to buy a larger camper. so i need a good tow capacity. jackie
  • Hello All!! My name is Chance and I live in the Canadian rockies in
    beautiful British Columbia. I have a 2000 ford expedition and am enjoying
    it as hard as I can. I am part of a 4x4 club called funinbc. I am
    known as the crazy American who takes his expedition anywhere. Besides
    big tires, tougher suspension/shocks, it is stock. I have had it up rock
    walls, through the tiniest goat trails(over acutally), through rivers of mud....you name
    it. Greatest vehicle I have ever owned. Have not had to replace anything
    on it...well just a fender, a stump jumped out one day. Anyway, thanks for reading and hope to add more great stories down the road. If there is an area to post pictures, I will...
    Bye for now!!
  • I LOVE MY FORD EXPEDITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOWEVER...today...when leaving work....my dependable chariot started and died in the same instance!!!
    Happened OVER and OVER again!!! :-(

She's setting on our parkinglot...where...hmmm...how to best term this????????
    Bar flies swarm!!!!!!!

Do any of you who share my love have any healing powers???
    I know she's lonely! :-)

XO
    U.B. Woman
  • ">I'm the 3rd owner of a 1998 Expo. XLT, limited slip, tan cloth, 6-disk CD, 4.6 Triton, and 81,000 miles and still running strong. The first owner was a lease in Ill., and then sent to auction and purchased and driven for 3 years in Lafayette were I purchased it from a Pontiac dealership. This Expo. is amazing. I have been in love with the Expedition since it first came out in 1997, but was too young to own one until this year. So, respectively I did the right thing went out and bought one. When I purchased it, it only had 78,000 miles and i have only had it a few months a few trips to Indy about every week will put some miles on there. But, all I can say is that I am in love with the Expedition and already have my next one picked out a 2003 black, XLT Sport with 36,000 and about every option it is owned by a friend and I told her that when she wants to trade in consolte me first.
  • sometimes the ford keys get stuck too far forward...cutting off power to all you vehicles options except the starter...happened to me before...
  • jddaerojddaero Posts: 3
    It happened on my '94 Explorer 2 or 3 times. Had to replace the ignition switch @ 130,000 miles.

Good Luck!

Joe
  • capri1003capri1003 Posts: 1
    I drive on the highway (no city miles with my car)---how many miles can I expect to get? I'm hoping at least 150,000---is this too optistimic/unrealistic? Right now I have 112,000 on it and I'm having transmission problems so I'm wondering if it is worth fixing.

Thanks.
  • khris1khris1 Posts: 1
    I have the 2004 Ford Expedition 4x4. I also got the famous shimmy and bind in the front end. When it acts up, the steering and brakes are unresponsive. Ford will not buy back because I did not buy new. I bought used with plenty of warranty left. They have replaced hubs, relays(?) and numerous other things. I even had to replace the tires which were not worn. Do not bother, the car still has the same problem. I am also considering taking legal action. It is shame Ford would deny the issue even though there are TSB's on it . I guess they would rather wait until I have an accident than fix it now. Any ideas on problem would be appreciated.
  • wharlowwharlow Posts: 1
    I am in the middle of a complete interior removal and customization of my 3rd '98 Eddie Bauer Expedition. I will be posting pics and descriptions of all the changes later. I know you all will be impressed. Heck, I think FunkMaster Flex might even use some of my ideas on his next project. That being said, I bought my 1st '98 new and put 387000ish miles on her, and believe me, she wasn't babied. The 1st week I had her crossing a river. I was sold. You won't catch me driving anything else.
  • I have an 03 XLT 5.4L that I bought used in April with 37k miles on it. So far I have put almost 10k miles on it and have no mechanical issues with it. It looked like new and has been running very good. The only issues I have is with the alarm triggering for some reason and the cd changer not playing all of my cds properly but thats not a really big issue. I plan on changing the radio for an aftermarket one, the same with the alarm. So far I am happy with my 2nd Ford SUV the first being a 98 Explorer.
  • stilll5stilll5 Posts: 3
    I am a 25 year old female and I own a 2001 , ford , expedition , xlt , maroone color , I am having a problem with my driver seat . when I push the button to adjust my seat forward and backwards it makes this rumble dragging noise . I am unsure to take it to the dealer . I am afraid it will cost to much to fix .My assumption is the seat has some sort of motor and maybe it has a shortage like my son power wheels.Does anyone have a clue what could be wrong with it ??
13»
This discussion has been closed.