Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Expedition Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    Worse than that, it sounds like it's atually too late for that engine - it may be oil starved, causing you an early failure even after replacing the oil pump (which, by the way I have never seen before in these engines).
  • grparkgrpark Posts: 13
    Our 2002 Expedition was bumped from behind today. The only visible damage is the plastic piece in the center of the bumper. What I'd like to find is an online parts supply that I could get this piece from. I'll go by the dealer tomorrow, but I expect them to want to charge is big $$$ for the fix.

Anybody on this board know of a good parts supply?
  • wijocowijoco Posts: 462
    What year? What engine?
    You're looking at major expense unless Ford agrees to help with the bill. If you've had your oil changes done at the purchasing dealer regularly and on time, you have a much better shot at getting help. But if you've abused it or ignored oil maintenace, you'll be out of luck. Any number of problems can cause a lack of oil pressure: leaking gaskets, loose pick-up tube, restricted oil passages, etc. Problem is there's no way to know what's wrong until the engine is disassemble and inspected. The oil pump may not be the problem, so you're looking at high labor cost no matter what.
    That can be fixed easily and for about $150 or less around here. Bumper Medic does it, but any number of free-lance body folk can repair that bumper good as new so you'll never know cheaply. Believe me, I know. I nailed 3 of 4 corners on my Black Navigator, and had them all fixed this way.
  • gheimurgheimur Posts: 88
    The lights did not come on on tues or wed, parked the car on thurs. While the car was parked and I was doing some outside work, I noticed that the interior lights came on, tried to shut them off opened and closed the doors, still stayed on. After about 45 minutes they went off automatically. I checked interior light switch and it was off. Took the car to the dealer for diagnosis this am. Don't have too much hope that they will find the cause...
    Neither do I. Unless you can get it over there while it's lit....they're going to have a hard time locating it.
  • tloftustloftus Posts: 7
    Have had my 2004 Expedition for 18 months and love it! Now my 1st problem, even though small. I have 6 discs in the in-dash CD. Went to turn it on yesterday and it says "NO CD"...whats up with that????
  • tired1tired1 Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 Expedition with the same problem. I took it to the dealer and they said that Ford is aware of the problem and may recall any day. I only have 2500 miles on mine. It is so bad I can hear it over the radio when driving! I cannot believe a $38,000 should have to be taken back to the dealer this early in the game.
    Yeah, it's not that uncommon, unfortunately, even with a Bose system. My Infiniti did the same. Anyway, your pickup in the CD reader has failed. You gotta get a new one. Take it in.

Good for you though, first problem in 18 months! Not a bad record, eh? I'm finding my 2003 Navigator to also be quite a dependable old girl myself. Very pleased with her.
  • jameslgjameslg Posts: 5
    I have a 2003 Expedition that had the rear end rebuilt at 9000 miles. The problem came back at about 13000 and Dealer will not do anything else to it. They set up a meeting with Ford Zone Manager and after a 5 minute ride he tells me I have a good one and will not do anything to help. He told me if the noise was bothering me to turn up the radio. I said it did not sound that way when I bought the car and he said you should never assume a new car will sound the same after 5000 miles. If you want to know how the vehicle will sound and act you need to drive a demo with at least 5000 miles on it. I can not believe what I have been told. Any suggestions?
  • gheimurgheimur Posts: 88
    I would take it to another dealer for an opinion however you may be black listed through their network, whatever. If that doesn't work, execute Lemon Law procedure. State that this problem is affecting your safe driving by having a bothersome vehicle. Also state that it is affecting the value of the car.
    My rear end makes no noise whatsoever, after 16,000 miles, so that's total BS that you're being told. I can't believe the Zone Manager would do that. My dealer would never try that, so I agree - try a different dealer first.
  • Turn up the radio?? Now that was uncalled for. I would do everything in my power to straighten this out. First compose a letter to ford explaining the situation in writing and what the service manager told you. File complaints. They need to get to work on your car and stop screwing around. When you raise hell and they are on the verge of throwing you out tell them to raise up the volume if it bothers them. Sorry for your bad experiences at ford. Fortunally not all dealers are like that.
    That's as bad as what I was told at a Buick dealer a few years ago when I asked them if they could get my Regal to quit stalling - the advisor said, "Sorry sir, Jesus doesn't work here".
  • txtaralynntxtaralynn Posts: 1
    Take it to an ASE certified repair shop take a printed estimate and take it to the ford place. Or have it repaired but make sure they are ASE certified and shoot the bill over to Ford. You can also wait till it breaks down leaving you on the side of the road and call the ford dealership to go pick it up and fix it but only if its still under warranty of course. I used to sell cars youd be amazed at the stuff theyd fix when you threaten to sue. You can also take it to diffrent ford dealerships or service centers not just the one you bought it from. Diffrent managers and service techs have diffrent opinions on what needs to be fixed and what doesnt.
  • burnedburned Posts: 1
    I have a 03 EB Expedition. I bought last aug. and it has been in the shop about 10 times. After having numerous small problems fixed It now has what seems to be something wrong with the transmission. I have been to the dealer and first they said they could find nothing. Later they did say they had a special service code saying 2000-2003 ford trucks with this certain transmisson may experience a clunking or bumping when shifting from the 3-2 position. They said that although it is annoying no repair should be attempted and it will not impair the vehicles performance. I have addressed the dispute board which customer service recommended. NO HELP THERE!!! I can't believe I have a CLUNKING BUMPING $42,000.00 VEHICLE. I even drove 3 other vehicles with the service manager, identical to mine,and they did not do the same thing. He said that since I had contacted the dispute board it was out of their hands, even though he agreed with me that the other vehicles did not do the same thing. I am so frustrated. This was to be our last new vehicle for years to come, because we will soon have a teenager in his own car. Don't know wether to trade,even though we are upside down or to keep trying to get Ford to take responsibility for what seems to be a piece of crap. HELP!!!!!! Anyone have any advice????
    Yes, very discouraging and will make you hate the truck, but if it's not that serious, well....that's just what I'd do. Then again, I rarely keep cars forever.
  • I am trying to add / check the R-134a in the A/C system in my 2001 Expedition ED with rear a/c. I can't find the low pressure value to check the system pressure / level of freon. I have found the high side right in front of the battery on the passenger side. Any idea where it is?

Thanks
  • cplkevcplkev Posts: 3
    Just bought a 04' NBX and love it. But we have noticed a vibration in the steering wheel when traveling at speeds above 65MPH. Have taken it to the dealer twice. They have rebalanced the tires and each time it is a little better but not much. Has anyone else noticed this? I don't think a brand new vehicle with <3000 miles should have any noticable vibrations?
    One of your tires is square. Rotate them front to back, I'll bet you notice a distinct difference, if it doesn't go away altogether. Then you just have to find which tire it is.