Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Expedition Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• no, no rods across or anything, just the hooks/brackets. My dad thinks they are for a luggage cover or to latch the kid's carseats? so not all the trucks have the connection? also, could i send it to the ford agency here and get them installed?
  • fitguyfitguy Posts: 222
    I'm not sure- the brackets are recessed into the floor about 3", which means the floor would need to be cut; there probably is some extra bracing as well to make the seat connection safe in event of a collision. If the dealers are saying "can't be done", they may fear a liability issue; independent shops would likely say the same. You may be stuck the way it is. Best of luck trying!
  • dfb1dfb1 Posts: 1
    Hey there....my truck just started this....did you ever find out the problem??
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    That usually means your transmission is having an imminent meltdown when the OD light flashes.....
  • OK i contacted continental and they did send a replacement tire to the local continental tire dealer. The tire balanced out and was smooth. I am satisfied. although i think my next set of tires will probably be GoodYear or Cooper
    Those would be good, but personally, I like MIchelins the best.
  • lenrlenr Posts: 13
    Don't panic too much about that 150 ft-lbs. Ford service bulletin Article #03-22-4 says that all 2000 - 2004 F-150s equipped with 7 stud wheels and all Expeditions built after 11/27/99 use an increased thread stud/nut diameter from 12 mm to 14mm. The 14mm uses a 21mm socket and get torqued to 150 ft-lbs while the old 12 mm still gets torqued to 100 ft-lbs. I freaked also the first time that Discount Tire torqued my 2004 Exp. to 150--turns out they were right.
  • wijocowijoco Posts: 462
    Transmission error code is stored. You'll have to take it to a dealer or independent with a Ford code reader pay a diagnostic fee to have it read.
  • my 01 exby EB has a fuel shutoff that was installed when i bought it. i have been searching on line to find out info on how it works and how to remove it. my truck just yesterday will not start. when i turn the key to on i do not hear the fuel pump although the battery is strong. changed fuel pump relay and still will not start. i really would like to see if anyone has had a system like the fuel cutoff and if they know how to remove it before i drop my tank and change the pump.
  • I have a 2000 Ford Expedition with 62K miles. About 2 months ago the digital display on the radio went out and came back on when it felt like it. About a month ago it had stopped displaying at all. Around the same time, during start up of the vehicle, all the gauges (speedometer, odometer, temperature, fuel, etc) would swivel all the way to the right; make a click noise, drop back down to the left as if they didn't work, then move to where they belonged during idling. This week, the same problems, but the front windshield wipers do one revolution during start up by themselves (the switch is off). The back door and glass do not unlock with the remote, and the alarm sounds like it is on it's last leg when I arm the vehicle. Has anyone any idea what is causing this? Mechanics want to charge $75 or more to run diagnostics and are unclear as to whether the extended warranty will cover the repairs. I am also wondering if this is the BCM (Body Control Module) which is not covered by warranty, or just something to do with the voltage regulator or ignition column as those are covered.
  • I have seen others identify a problem like this as a winshield leak that is getting electronics wet under the dash. When the leak is sealed, the problems stop (after things have been dried out of course).
  • xbcmcxbcmc Posts: 1
    My wife's 98 Expedition, 112,000 miles has developed a squeak. It sounds like birds chirping when she drives off. I had her apply the brakes softly and the squeak is still there. Brakes are quiet on activation. Could this be the CV joint or maybe drive shaft. I tell her to turn up the radio. I really would like to find and fix the problem. Thanks.
    "during start up of the vehicle, all the gauges (speedometer, odometer, temperature, fuel, etc) would swivel all the way to the right; make a click noise, drop back down to the left as if they didn't work, then move to where they belonged during idling."

This is the programmed indicator that your battery is not fully holding a charge and you have low voltage during startup. Change out your battery, and this will go away. It may also solve some or all of the other gremlins as well. Don't know for sure about those, but clearly, you have a failing battery. To this day, the dancing guage needles is a low-bat indicator by design on these trucks.
  • I own a 2001 Ford Expedition. Recently the heater fan would continue to run after I turned the vehicle off - the only way to stop it was to turn the heater control to off. This happened with both back and front heaters. I also noticed when I turned the vehicle off, removed the key, and opened the door the chime would continue as though I had left the lights on. Additionally my remote keypad for the door locks only works intermittently, I have replaced it's battery and reprogrammed it. This has stopped for now, but now the radio and windshield wiperes will not work when I change the transmission from park to drive. Any ideas what might be causing the problems? Thank you.
  • For those of you who are interested in swapping out the brakes on 03-04 Expeditions with the brake dust issue, here is the final line to include part numbers and costs. Keep in mind the cost in your area may differ, or if you do it yourself will be considerably less. This was done at a local Ford dealership for $747.48.

4L1Z 2001 BA Kit, Brake Shoe $233.00

2L1Z 2B164 CA Clip $ 20.62

2L1Z 2C150 AC,Kit guide pins & bolts$ 32.20

2L1Z 1V125 AA Rotor Assy (2EA) $201.52

Labor $119.95

Shop Materials $ 5.00

Tax $ 50.19

In case you add that up and get a differnt figure than the $747.48, there was another item that came to $85 that I couldn't decipher. That may have been for turning the rear rotors, as I only had the two front rotors replaced. The kit comes with all four pads, the rear rotors were barely worn. I had this done last week and so far no appreciable brake dust noted. I had this done because the brakes needed replaced (64,000 miles), not necessarily because of the dust issue. However, since I was going to replace the brakes any way I figured "why not"! My wife was upset because she sees these stupid adds in the paper for "life time brake service for $89.99 for most cars and light duty trucks".
  • I have a 2001 eb expy. Recently the amp and/or subwoofer stopped working. The rest of the stereo works fine. I have the mach 1. As far as I can tell, I am getting power to the plug on the amp, so a fuse is not the problem. Do the amps go bad? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  • I have a 2002 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Edition and it is a peice of junk! The seat heaters do not work, the air conditioner has not worked since it was purchased in 2002 (even after several trips to the service dept), the entire break system had to be replaced after 4,000 miles, the rear washer broke and soaked the inside of the vehicle, the alternator went out and caught fire, the serpentine belt had been replaced 2 times after leaving me on the side of the road for extended periods of time, the radio only works when it feels like it, and it shakes like a vibrating bed. The warranty has not covered a lot of what they told me was wrong, the dealership gives me the run around, and the roadside assistance sucks. Roadside assistance left me sitting on the side of the road in 10 degree temperature for almost 2 hours last Thursday. After 6 phone calls my cell phone went dead and they finally arrived 30 minutes later. This is the 3rd Ford I have owned because they do not hold resale value and you will never get your money out of them. Ford is the worst brand vehicle I have ever owned and though I may take a loss on this one, they will never get another dime from me. If you were considering purchasing a Ford, I hope that my story will help to discourage you.
  • I have a 2002 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Edition and it is a peice of junk! The seat heaters do not work, the air conditioner has not worked since it was purchased in 2002 (even after several trips to the service dept), the entire break system had to be replaced after 4,000 miles, the rear washer broke and soaked the inside of the vehicle, the alternator went out and caught fire, the serpentine belt had been replaced 2 times after leaving me on the side of the road for extended periods of time, the radio only works when it feels like it, and it shakes like a vibrating bed. The warranty has not covered a lot of what they told me was wrong, the dealership gives me the run around, and the roadside assistance sucks. Roadside assistance left me sitting on the side of the road in 10 degree temperature for almost 2 hours last Thursday. After 6 phone calls my cell phone went dead and they finally arrived 30 minutes later. This is the 3rd Ford I have owned because they do not hold resale value and you will never get your money out of them. Ford is the worst brand vehicle I have ever owned and though I may take a loss on this one, they will never get another dime from me. If you were considering purchasing a Ford, I hope that my story will help to discourage you.
  • I have the exact same clicking sounds and the exact same electrical problem you are describing. I posted earlier but forget to mention the clicking sound. Can anyone help?
  • Today the problems have disappeared. I am beginning to think there may be a water leak causing the problems as they seem to occur when it is raining or snowing. Won't take in to be checked as dealership won't do anything if the problem isn't occuring.