Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Expedition Prices Paid and Buying Experience

2001 EB w/ 2nd row captains,reverse sensors,heated seats,skid plates,moonroof,leveling/side air bags/ a whoping 36,900.. Did I do OK?

Comments

• $38,330 before discounts. By the time I got my various discounts and rebate, $29,564 got me a 2002 2WD E.B. with the moonroof. Too good to pass up.
  • bornzobornzo Posts: 19
    new 2001 XLT w/sports pkg, comfort & conv. pkg, sunroof, cd changer, limited slip, 4x4, I paid $32,500 out the door with extended warranty. I think this was not too bad.
  • Where do you reside? Not CA? We are looking at a 2002 4x 2 E.B. with everthing but the 5.4L engine for 39,700. W/$2000 rebate I hope out the door in CA it's $37,000. The TMV is $36,863, so I maybe wishful. Seems shand,body and bornzo did fine.
  • I live in WA state. I honestly feel that you should be able to get that car WITH the 5.4 for about the price your at now. A couple of suggestions. I would try priceline.com. You put in all the specs and a price and if it's accepted youwin. And you can put in a lower price and maybe even get a better deal.
    What I did was Email about 15 different dealerships. Tell them you want blah blah blah...What color you want. If they have it in stock and ask what they want for it. Let them know that you know what a fair market price for the vehicle is and that you've done your homework. What works best is if you have all the email addresses do it at once or cc to all dealerships so they know they are going to have to fight for your buisness. I did that and had 8 dealerships email me back the same day. It was actually kinda funny. And when the prices come back. let them know dealer X has it for this price and see if they can beat. Go around and around until you feel like you got a steal of a deal. My MSRP on mine w/ delivery was $44,665.00 and I paid 36,900 I have the actually dealer invoice in hand and that was $37491. I walked away feeling like I got the best deal in the world. I was so happy. And thats how you should be able to walk out of the dealership. All haggling was done through email or over the phone. I didnt have to goto all the dealerships. It was awesome. Let me know what you finnaly get and for how much. Am very interested. 1 other positive you have is the 2003 is coming out soon and they are gonna wanna move the 2002's. Good Luck
  • also Just to let you know TMV on the 2002 EB W/4X4 and 5.4 engine is $37,394 thats NOT INCLUDING the $2000 discount. So you should be able to get the Full monty for about$35,500 or so + options. You should be able to get a steal of a deal.
  • Just wondering what people are paying for there 2002 Expy's.What do you have on them? Xlt's or EB's...and so on =)
  • giridgirid Posts: 19
    I am getting a 2002 brand-new EB 5.4V, with Rear TV/VCP for $29000+TTL (total discount of $10,700). Unbelievable, but at least 3 dealers have close to this price. I really am waiting for the 2003, does anyone know what they will go for? I am wondering if I should just settle for the 2002 version for that kind of price. Any thoughts?
  • Girid,

Curious, what is the sticker price? $39,700 ? Is that with second row captain's chairs? Moonroof? I'm in the market also, and that sounds like a very attractive deal. I'm on the fence as to whether to hold out for (anticipated) increased rebates on the 2002's or buy now. I like the new features advertised on the '03's, but am hesitant on purchasing a 1st run new model year. TIA
    I think it is $39K odd MSRP. No 2nd row captains or moonroof. I am waiting for the '03 model, and I don't mind buying a 1st run but am apprehensive whether it will sell closer to the MSRP than the invoice, whaddaya think?
  • Girid,

I would expect it to hold close to MSRP until '02's are blown through the pipeline. I'm looking for a $5000 rebate to be offered on the '02's when the 2003's are released. Maybe wishful thinking, but I've got a feeling...

BTW, I really want to see the 2003 and evaluate the independent rear suspension - which IMO results in the best improvement - the split folding 3rd seat and increased leg room back there.

My personal strategy is to wait and see then make a move on a 2002 probably, unless the 2003 is VERY significantly improved over the 2002. Comments ?
    May be you are correct -- but if 2003s sell close to MSRP, THEY WON'T SELL much, and Ford will be in a deeper hole. So I am hoping Ford will at least sell half way between MSRP and invoice. If not they can kiss my business goodbye -- Hello GMC Yukon XL, hehehe
  • Get ready for some sticker shock on a comparably equipped Yukon XL. I've had 3 suburbans, counting the one I have currently. In my experience, the 85 model was a POS, 93 model was superb, current 98 model is another POS. I'm dismayed with the lack of quality inherent in GM products vs. Ford/Lincoln. This is just my experience only - no flames please! Your results may vary. Good Luck !
  • I just paid 31500 for a loaded 2002 XLT 5.4L with leather and a moonroof package. It was invoice. I think I did good but not sure. Believe it or not it's better to take the rebate than the low financing. Did I do good?
  • ronz28ronz28 Posts: 1
    We paid $2500 under invoice at Covert Ford in Austin, TX. We verified the invoice using the Edumunds website. The $2,500 was the rebate and the dealer still makes money with the 3% holdbacks- about $1,000 but he pays financing costs out of that. I didn't see an advertising charge. The SUV is perfect and drives like we are floating on a cloud. We have the XLT with comfort and convenience group, sports package, leather seats and 6CD package.
  • permenjlpermenjl Posts: 5
    Just bought a black and tan '02 E.B. w/ 5.4L and tv/vcp with 21 miles. MSRP was $39,100. I took the $2500 rebate, $1500 loyalty rebate, $2040 cash back for engine and entertainment package, $500 rebate for being a CCA member, and dealer discounts. Total selling price was $27,600. Too good to pass up!
  • bodymanbodyman Posts: 23
    You killed 'em on that one. I got mine on one of the Ford employee purchase plans, and you did better than I did. That IS too good to pass up.
    For 2003 Ford expedition quotes? I am getting one for slightly less than $898 above invoice (for the options I want), and $131 below Edmunds TMV. Not one dealer quote from the ones I got was higher than 1400 above invoice. Unbelievable huh? Can anyone else share what they are getting (especially people that have already ordered)
    thanks in advance
    Bought 2003 Expy, EB 2WD for $250 below invoice price!!! Man this forum is D E A D!
  • Girid, or anyone else that purchased 2003 Expy below/around invoice: can you share the dealer name?
    If so, that's a long ways, I bought from a dealer in Dallas, TX.