Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln Aviator

Comments

• nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    I'm sure getting tired of this rumor.
  • asemaasema Posts: 33
    Is there any way to hook up the DVD entertainment screen to the Nav Screen so that DVDs playing in the back also show up in the front on the Nav screen (or can the Navigation drive to tuned to play DVDs?). I know there are some car audio/video stores around than can make this happen for different cars (like BMWs), but am wondering if the hardware in the Aviators would allow for this to happen. Any ideas?
  • I think you should just keep your eyes on the road. I think having any video system available that allows a driver to view while in the operation of a motor vehicle is an absolute distaction and could pose a danger to your passengers and to drivers and pedestrians around you. I have a dvd in rear of my Aviator and I have viewed it while being parked and "not" in the driver seat. I think there are enough distractions while one commutes. We sure don't need to add any more.
  • ANT14ANT14 Posts: 2,687
    Which reminds me, over in Europe, your able to watch regular T.V. in the S80/S60 Navi system which pops up from the center dashboard cowl. Obviously in the U.S., that has been dissabled specially considering if people here can't even drive while chatting on the cellphone, how could they possibly be able to watch T.V.

Although in some cities, you are able to receive the simulcast of some local T.V. stations through some FM stations, and at least your able to hear it than watch it.
    Having the feature available only in Park may be a viable compromise.....and a real convenience, if anybody cares....
  • Someone once mentioned what I thought was a novel idea.. if the passenger seat senses that someone is sitting there, then the navigation controls and dvd player should function in the front. There is nothing wrong with a passenger watching a movie on a long trip or fiddling with the nav controls while the driver drives. I know that some import SUV's (Rx300) know if that seat is occupied and a light "reminds" you to have them put on their seatbelt., so the technology to make this happen should be easy to implement. Then again, I'm sure lawyers will never allow any company to do this.
    Also, a good idea, and also, as you say, I'm sure the cellphone (distraction) police will never let it happen. We'll be lucky if they don't take our radios out of our cars.
  • Does anyone have insight as to what will replace the current rebates as they expire on 9/30? Seeing as how they are selling well now, maybe the rebates won't improve. I am considering buying this weekend, but it would be no problem to wait 2.5 weeks. Only issue is that the pickings may be slimmer at my dealer.
  • mp19fanmp19fan Posts: 102
    I remember seeing TV ads featuring very attractive 0% for up to 72 months or up to $4k cash back. Is this still available? What is the likelihood of getting ~$6-650 monthly payments over 5 years w/ $0 down for a 4WD lux version? I'd like to keep the payments roughly the same as my '01 Montero LTD, which I may trade in or sell. BTW, I'm in the So Cal area, if this helps.
  • audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    They never tell us in advance what the "new" incentives will be...
    I don't know about other regions since Lincoln does regional incentives.... but we are currently advertising Aviators at $8000 off AND 0% for 72 months....This has generated alot of sales, You should be able to get your dealer in the same area, as long as they do some volume.
  • Does the $8000 includes any rebates or can you get $8000 off plus the incentives. Boston area.
  • mp19fanmp19fan Posts: 102
    $8k off sticker AND 0% for 72 months? Whoa. I think I'll start calling around my area. One local dealer had about a dozen 4x2's, but not one 4x4 luxury. Is this typical? He said they won't be getting 4x4's in until after Oct. because demand isn't there in the summer time. Hmm...
  • I've seen some new models recently that are offering DVD viewing up front.....while the vehicle is in Park.
    NOW, we're talking!
  • I was given a quote for a 2003 Aviator (AWD), Premium Package, with assorted options (Moonroof, Tow Package, 17" Chrome Wheels, Tire Pressure Monitoring System) for $38,037. MSRP is $48,845. Do you think I can do better?
    I doubt you can do much better.
  • I put a deposit on a 2003 today. MSRP was $47460 paid $36300 plus they gave me KBB trade value for my vehicle.
  • asemaasema Posts: 33
    If you have any info. on how to enable dvd viewing upfront, please share. would appreciate it.
    Also....is it possible to enable Nav data entry while vehicle is in motion?
    thanks alot.
  • I turned down a no hassle set price for the Blue Luxury Aviator with DVD of $39,288. They were going to give me $10,000 in total rebates. Should I wait for a better deal?
  • I just checked with my insurance agent and he quoted me $612 for 6 months or $102/month for the Aviator 2003-Premium. WOW! my 95 Explorer is $56/month-the vehicle that I am replacing.