Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln Aviator

Comments

• akirbyakirby Posts: 7,671
    Lincoln doesn't offer one. The holes are there from the Explorer and Mountaineer and the shades for them should fit. Not sure about the color match, though.
  • hammer995hammer995 Posts: 27
    Thanks...it looks like the Explorer/Mountaineer has it in Med Dark Parchment...I have the Ligh Parchment interior so it might not look that bad...plus its in the trunk so i'm not too too concerned about it. When I go back to the dealer I'll inquire about it.

Also....I am having problems getting the remote starter keyfob to be associated with a memory location. I followed the directions but the seats/mirrors don't move when I use it. Anybody have any idea? Can I not use this feature with the remote start?

Thanks.
    Does the remote starter keyfob also unlock the doors? If so it should work with the memory. After using the keyfob button (but before putting it in Drive) hit the memory button you think it's programmed for. If the seat or mirrors move then it's not linked. If they don't then it is setting it correctly. On mine I thought it wasn't working either but it turns out both memory positions (mine and my wife's) are very similar.
  • quemfalaquemfala Posts: 107
    Well, now I know that someone really was able to order a unit and get delivery (see my 1325 and 1328).

When did you put in the original order? Did you need to fight the dealer to write the order, or was it a nice, professional business deal like it used to be?

Re: the cargo cover, I seem to remember something about the roller cover as "not available" with the 3rd seat. But other than that, I presumed it came standard. But I guess I was incorrect.
    I will check again on the keyfob. Yes, they do open the doors. They did a good job installing it. I read that some places screw up the electrical harness...the keypad doesn't work or the liftgate doesn't open from the keyfob afterwards...but everything is in working order.

I ordered mine on Feb 29. The dealer actually had an electrical fire the night before so their computers were down. I was able to locate the vehicle the day before when I was negotiation with another dealer...but when the computers came back up the vehicle was gone so they ordered it...my wife was very picky on the color...mineral grey.

It was a good experience until the very end...

-sonny
  • keefiekeefie Posts: 4
    Thank you for the response. My thought is that the drain is blocked although this car had only about 15,000 miles when the problem first occurred. I am checking it regularly and will take it back to the dealer at the next sign of water.
  • ANT14ANT14 Posts: 2,687
    I'm guessing it's that as well. That issue can happen at 1000miles, or (40K miles in my Mustang at that time). And it was 2 years worth of debris/leaves, etc that clogged it. There's also a goo-ey substance that can clog it to, which is composed of regular rain water, evaporation, sweat of plastics/metals.

Mention it to them, it should be covered under warranty.
  • cangelocangelo Posts: 19
    Hi Sonny The DVD remote and the head phones will be mailed to the dealer by the manufacture of those units in about a week or two. Also have you stopped the light on the DVD. When you receive your remote/head phones you will also get a guide on the units that will explain in a little more detail on the functions of all above.Were does the sun shade go? Did you buy the shade? Does it fit? and look good? I also have lite parchment interior am interested.
                                    Carmen
    Carmen,

Thanks for replying...I have a few more accessories coming in soon and I'll make sure I get the remote then too.

If you look in the trunk you'll see cut outs in the side panel on each side. My brother-in-law has a jeep which has the sun shade and I figured that's what its for. When I go back to the dealer to pick my stuff up I'll ask to see a Mountaineer Sun Shade...it retails for about $100 and it comes in Medium Dark Parchment. I'm surprised Lincoln doesn't have this accessory.
    The rear seats in the Aviator are standard and would interfere with the shade - I'm sure that's why it's not offered. On the Explorer and Mountaineer the rear seats are optional, so a rear shade is offered. That's my guess anyway.
  • ANT14ANT14 Posts: 2,687
    That is correct...
    Thank You for the explanation I just wanted to let you know I read a artical in the paper yesterday that the Attorney General for the State of Ohio is filing lawsuit against the dealers and Manufactures Foreign and Domestic for not applying the intent of the Lemon Law. Also the U.S. Supreme Court will be hearing a case in a few months on a complaint that the dealers are Prorating the buy backs for the length of time you owned the vehicle causing a hard ship for most consumers who end up loosing down payment monies or any equity they had in the car some still owe loan companies even after the buy back it is obvious that this law has limited effect across the country even if your state does have a lemon law.
    There's been some conversation regarding VIN numbers, and of course their relationship to manufacture dates. Does anyone know the number sequence or a clue as to how to determine when an Aviator was manufactured? If I ever do manage to find one, I'd like to know that it hasn't been sitting around for 6 months, or so.
    Thanx
    "Life is Better at the Beach"
    Date of manufacture is on the door jamb sticker on the driver's door, top line.
    Anybody out their buy a stone and bug shield. And if so what kind, name brand, smoke or clear paint typ. And how did it mount, has it been affective.
    Just want to know if this form is still active no messages for some time
                             Carmen
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    I wouldn't say it's Active, but it's not archived. Have a question?
    see 1396 bug shield info sorry for the misprint
    don't do bugshields....can't help ya.
    Back a couple of months ago (posting #1325) I bemoaned the fact that I wasn't able to purchase an Aviator in the Florida market. I half-jokingly suggested that I would need to go north to find what I wanted. Well, that's exactly what happened! I had to make a trip to Pittsburgh to see my 93 year old Mom, and on a whim I stopped into the local Linc dealer. While the color wasn't "exactly" what my wife wanted (it's her car, you see), and it had more options than we wanted (entertainment package), we agreed on a deal and drove it 1100 miles back to Florida. The deal was fair (don't you just love those rebates?) and they gave us a good deal on the trade. Now, if we can just stay out of the "problems" forums, I'll feel better about it. It was a great ride home. I just set the Navigation to some simple settings and it seemed to work flawlessly. I know that there will be issues, but I'll deal with those after I educate myself about the system. It does like to drink the high test stuff, but we accepted that when we decided to buy the Aviator.

Keep the information coming, I know that there will be a lot of questions and with all of the experience out there it will be a great help.
    I think most of the "issues" have been ironed out. You will probably love your Aviator. They drive like nothing else out there!
  • mongo1mongo1 Posts: 49
    Just picked up my new Aviator Ultimate two weeks ago. What a nice vehicle. A little different from the S-90 Volvo I was driving, but pretty smooth handling from a truck! Anybody out there know how to remove the 3rd row seat bottom for a flat cargo floor? Also, anybody out there use their "baby 'gator" for towing? Would love to hear opinions. Thanks.
    I haven't tried to do it yet, but the salesguy I had said "just take it out"! I presume that means lift it out from the front of the seat.

Towing, not yet! The vehicle we ended up with didn't have the "Class III" hitch, only the standard hitch. I would like to change the "Class I" for a "Class III". Has anyone done that? We have a lot of accessories that fit the larger (2 in.) hitch. Nothing that weights much, so I'm not concerned about needing an oil-cooler or whatever else came with the towing package. Is it a simple switch of the assembly?
    Thanx
    "Life is better at the Beach"
    The salesmen told me (without demonstrating it) that you just "lift it out" I haven't tried it yet.

Towing! Not yet! My wife's Aviator came with the standard Class I hitch, which I'd like to change to a Class III. We have some accessories that fit the Class III (bike rack, etc.) Has anyone made the switch to a Class III? Is it a simple exhange? Bolt off and bolt on?
  • e350v10e350v10 Posts: 92
    We tow a 5700 lb. 27 foot travel trailer. It tows better than our old 2001 5.4 ltr Expedition.
    7.5 MPG!
    Thanks for the quick reply! I need to get in there and just see what removal of the seat entails. I suspect it is fastened down in the manner of the larger Navigator. As for changing over from a Class II (which is what you have stock) to a Class III, easy peasy. Just 4 bolts. Part of the deal on mine was to have that upgrade and since the dealer didn't have one in stock, they had to perform the switch in house. All I had to do is buy the new Class III hitch cover. About $35 bucks. Hope this helps. Where in South Florida are you?
    Thanks e350v10 for the quick response. That is music to my ears! If I may be so nosy as to inquire, what model trailer are you towing and how do the canyon winds affect your tracking? Are you using a distrubution hitch such as a Hensley Arrow? Thank you so much in advance for your patience and I look forward to your reply. Colorado is truly a beautiful state.
    Tequesta, right on the Martin - Palm Beach County line.

I'll check with the dealer about making a switch to the Class III
    Tequesta is a pretty little town, used to live in Lauderdale myself back in the eighties. B.T.W., just to stay on topic, I don't think you need to worry about an oil cooler. I don't believe there really is a specific "tow package" for these vehicles, as I believe all that kind of stuff is inclusive in the standard package. But I do know that if you have the 3.73:1 axle, there were issues regarding the use of the class III hitch. You may want to discuss this with your mechanic. I understand that is why the 2004 vehicles won't allow that axle option to be combined with the Class III hitch. Hope this helps.
  • dhagadhaga Posts: 4
    I am looking at buying an Aviator and am very interested in the comment about the 3.73:1 axle. The 04's I have looked at, with tow package, also show a 3.73:1 "regular axle" on the window sticker. Is this an issue ? Out here in CA some dealers are unloading by offering up to $14,500 off MSRP. I Can get a lower end Aviator for less than a high end Explorer. Since I want blue and AWD,however,it seems like I am stuck with buying all the options unless I special order.