Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln Aviator

Comments

• avfan2avfan2 Posts: 23
    All of the noises were there from day one, because some are intermittent I didn't hear them the first day or week. The intermittent "whoooo-up" tends to show up during longer trips i.e. after an hour or two of highway driving. Also, the front-end growl only began as the temperature began to drop into the "cool morning" range.

Regarding the seat track assembly....I just had them order the part, didn't even give them the opportunity to do any diagnostic work because I live 100 miles from the closest dealership. The parts person I spoke with said it was a safety concern and expedited it. However, the part has still not arrived, so now maybe this Saturday I can get the work done.
  • jmez44jmez44 Posts: 21
    Anyne have any Advance Trac problems yet? My model is a 2003 AWD model. Once i backed down a driveway and the Advance Trac light came on and stayed on for a few minutes. Seemed like a trans issue. Then just recently i was going about 60mph on a local highway and went to get off on an exit, and my brakes acted like ABS on dry pavement. Stop and go type of thing, all the meanwhile the Advance Trac was flashing. It was hard to come to a stop with the intermittent brake pressure, but i finally forced it to. Anyone have any ideas what caused this? Other then this, I love my new vehichle.
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,622
    Sounds like a bad sensor or wiring problem. Have the dealer check it - there may be a stored code.
  • Has anyone had any problems with the rear window opening while driving? Would love to hear if and how you resolved the problem.
  • jb7227jb7227 Posts: 86
    Just picked up my wife's new Aviator - what a ride!! Traded in her 2003 Mountaineer - no problems, just loved the looks of the Aviator (esp interior - Ford really got it right). Ordered it in Ceramic Tri-coat, with Rear DVD player, roof crossbars, trailer package, 40/20/40 seats, Nav system (very neat), moonroof, chrome wheels and Advance trac. Unfortunately, i cant buy it on the X plan, but i felt like i got a good deal - list of $ 53,800; i paid 45,800 w/rebate. if anyone lives in Boston area, try Pride L-M in nearby Lynn - this is my 3rd purchase in 4 years and each time was a pleasure. I'm in sales, but i shudder at the thought of pulling up to one of those turnover stores where 15 sales staff are watching you get out of your car to give you the hard sell! Anyway - best feature on the Aviator - Nav system (cant wait to try it on a long trip). BTW- does anyone out there know where i can buy a mat for the cargo area (big enough for when the 3rd seat is down)? Ford doesnt offer one.
    Just out of curiosity - why did you get the bench 2nd row seats? The 2nd row buckets were one of the main reasons we went with the Aviator.

Sounds like a decent price.
    We have a seven month old - and with the second row buckets (which btw i would have preferred), when you have a baby seat installed, you can only fit one other adult in the back seat. I need to keep the 3rd seat folded for cargo, and probably wouldnt put an adult back there anyway. BTW - has anyone out there removed the 3rd seat cushion to enable the cargo area to fold flat? The dealer said it was possible (unlike in the Mountaineer).
  • albellalbell Posts: 185
    I have removed the third row seat bottom. It is simple to do, just find the tabs. Also opted for the second row bench, because with two tots, the wife occasionally needs to ref back there. She says it's quite comfortable (the seat, anyway.)
  • raul69raul69 Posts: 28
    You may have inadvertainly depressed the blue rear window button on the remote either when you first parked and exited the vehicle or when you re-entered the vehicle. When this is done the rear window just disengages but does not fully open until you drive away. This exact thing happened to me. You could even unlatch while your driving just by pressing the this button.Hope this helped.
    Found a website that offers rear carpeted mat for the Aviator (with 3rd seat folded down) - GG Bailey.com. Price was $90 plus shipping - hope it fits!
  • avfan2avfan2 Posts: 23
    If you unlock all of the doors with the keypad (instead of the the fob) the rear window will unlatch. As you drive away the window will pop up. That's how I learned about it.
  • Thanks for the info but we are looking for anyone who has had problems with the rear window opening while driving. Ours is not connected to the fob button but actually has happened two hundred miles into a trip. It will just suddenly open. Curious how other owners solved the problem.
  • Raul-told car has built in safety feature that you are not suppossed to be able to use fob buttons while driving. Did try to open buttons while driving to confirm and wasn't able to-like the safety feature said. Thanks.
    Does anyone know if there is an Aviators Owners Club? I noticed that LS owners have a very active organization - maybe there should be one for us proud Aviator owners out there (maybe include Nav's as well!!) Just a thought...
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,947
    We could add an Aviator branch to the Lincoln Owner's Club if there's interest.

Steve, Host
  • mrt9mrt9 Posts: 6
    What exactly does the Lincoln Owners CLub do? And what benefit would we reap from an Aviators Owner Club ?
    Owner's Clubs tend to focus more on the car, and there's less traffic by shoppers and fewer comparison threads to other rides.

There's more emphasis on the owners and pic links are popular too.

Here's an example:

Lincoln LS Enthusiasts

Steve, Host
  • mrt9mrt9 Posts: 6
    thanks for the info -- Yes, I am all in favor of an Aviators Owners Club -- now that there is an established base of owners for this delightful vehicle -- and we don't need to wade through the unnecessary accolades and congratulations for a good deal -- but settle down and focus on issues -- problems, improvements and the like.

How do we go about getting an owners club started and can we elect akirby as our leader?
    umm..err..I'm flattered but don't really have the inclination to do something like that right now.

You don't need a leader to create an owner's club here. It's just a collection of forums. Let's start there and see how it goes.
    Word is that the Aviator will be added to the Lincoln Owner's Clubs next week or so. Look for a Problems and Accessories discussion, etc. to join this one and the Lincoln Aviator: Prices Paid & Buying Experience board.

Steve, Host