Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln Aviator

Comments

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,851
    otoh, some can figure out the difference between defrost and floor heat, and are willing to push a button, depending which they want.
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,730
    And that makes the automatic climate control worthless. Once you manually select something it goes into full manual mode.
  • joel2joel2 Posts: 15
    Pushing a few buttons does nothing to prevent cold air from being ejected from the side window defogger vents. They blow air regardless of what "buttons" are pushed. If anyone has any doubt that this is a very real cold weather climate problem all they have to do is a Forum search on this web site. Search Lincoln Aviator Problems!!
    but i admit i have never used it. my eb has dual front and aux rear climate controls. i have never had it blow cold air in my face. in fact, it won't blow any air until the air is a certain temperature. does yours work this way?
  • joel2joel2 Posts: 15
    No. Cold air is blown from defogger vents as soon as the car reaches set temp. This occurs wether on auto or any other setting. As you will find out if you review the 55+ mentions of this on the "Lincoln Aviator Problems" discussions on this web site many owners have complained to Ford about this problem. Ford is unable to correct the defect. Problem is pronounced when the outside air temp. is very low. My dealer service manager is embarrased that Ford is stonewalling the issue. He has had a number of complaints from customers. Has used a temperature guage on my Aviator and noted the problem.
    i read those posts before, but i guess my explorer just doesn't have that issue. coldest this year on the way to work was -10. my side windows have never fogged up due to the climate control. i do keep it in a garage, and point the nose west when outside to get all possible solar advantage. in the summer, i point the nose to the east.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    Interesting - you're the only other guy I know who parks according to seasons - I do the same....
    i learned that the hard way. l lived for 14 years in a house with a north facing driveway. the snow never melted. the guy across the street could wash his car, if it was sunny. i took that into consideration when i bought my next house, and when i park my car. :)
    As have I, however, I mostly park facing East, living in arrid or hot and humid climates, I need shade more than heat. But, we're boring people here. Sorry all......Just a couple of OCD people on a tangent......
    to stay 'ot', joel2 needs heat, like me!
    i love the avi's interior, and would like to buy one, but i like my explorer too, and am not sure it is worth the upgrade.
    there i a dealer near me that has 3 vivid red '04s.
    i don't know if i could get used to driving one of those.
    it took me years to get used to driving a convertible!
  • I have a new Lincoln Aviator 2004. I am experiencing lower back pain while driving this SUV. I have tried purchasing Back Cushions from Relax the Back Store, etc., to no avail.
    Has anyone experienced any problems with with driver's seat in this car?
  • I find that the front driver's seat on my Aviator is very uncomfortable and is causing back pain.
    If anyone else has also had back pain while driving their Aviator and has found a remedy can you please share it with me.
    I have that problem with almost all Chevy trucks, but never with my Fords...
  • Just wondering if it's possible to get the radio in the car to display the name of the station and/or the song being played. If so, how do I change my preferences to get it to do this? I don't have navigation. Thx.
    That's the RDS feature. Check the owner's manual.
  • asemaasema Posts: 33
    Hi- I have a 2003 Aviator with a black front grill. Do you know if the Chrome Grill from the 2005 will fit on the 2003? I like the chrome look. I was at the dealer today, and i asked the folks in teh parts department, the service guys and the new car sales this question...none of them could answer that. they said to ask the body shop which I will do tomorrow I guess.
    thanks.
    Hi.
    how close to the 5000 mile intervals do you get your oil service done. My car has 26.5k miles, and was due for an oil change about 600 miles ago. those 600 miles the car drove pretty rough..sluggish. seems the truck is pretty sensitive to oil quality. Do you feel much difference in the ride quality if you haven't had the oil change done in time?
    You shouldn't tell any difference in driveability based on the age of the oil. You could probably go 10K miles with no adverse affects. If it's driving differently it's not the oil.

I go anywhere from 1000 miles early to 1000 miles late depending on when it's convenient.
  • ANT14ANT14 Posts: 2,687
    I had a Mustang I didn't change the oil for about 31K miles. Ironically the oil was in very good condition when I did get around to changing it. DON'T TRY this at home....

Try and keep current on your vehicles maintenence. Don't end up like some Toyota, VW, DCX owner's who inherited an oil sludge problem and their engines blew up, and have the company pin it on you for not being current on your maintenence.
    I wasn't advocating going 10K between changes - just trying to make the point that a few hundred miles extra wouldn't make any difference.

Stick with 5K changes.
  • ANT14ANT14 Posts: 2,687
    True, or a thousand or so is ok as well. There's really no adverse affect because someone is over by some miles. Although it's been researched that it's mental perception.
    "mental perception"

Is there any other kind?
    well, yeah, there's sensory perception....
    And the senses are really just nerve endings that go back to your brain, right?

Oh, never mind.......
    It's all in your "head"........
  • jacqueusijacqueusi Posts: 55
    Funny, I've been looking for a black grill and black license plate surround to replace my chrome grill and surround. My local dealership is clueless on a part number despite the black grill being part of the 2003 Kitty Hawk Edition and this year's 2005 Jet Black edition.

There's a guy here in Michigan that I've seen selling OEM Aviator grills on eBay. I bought a set of seat filters from him and he came through right away.
  • teresahdteresahd Posts: 4
    Has anyone been experiencing radio problems? I have a 2004 model and the cd player shuffles by it self. I took it into the dealer and it has happened one time after. It continues for about 2 minutes and won't read any CD's. ALso on 3 occasions, my radio has made a really high pitch noise. I switched to a CD thinking it would stop but it doesn't. I have to shut my radio on and off several times and then it will stop.

Has this happened to anyone or do I just have a bad radio?
  • I also have CD problems. I have the audophile model. Very few of my CDs will play. They will all play for a little while then I can hear the player make noise and then I get a bad disc message. Lincoln will not replace the CD player, only repair it. I haven't taken it in yet, since it will take about a week or ten days to repair. No loaners are available. What a crock.
    Are you using CDs with paper labels? If you are then that will cause problems.

I don't understand why you can't get it replaced - have you tried a different dealer? I don't think this is a Lincoln policy, although it's possible.
  • These are factory CDs with no labels. I have literally over a hundred CDs that won't play. I haven't tried another dealer. I tend to believe my dealer because my Aviator is a lemon (more than one person at the dealer has whispered this word to me about this car) and they have bent over backward trying to help me out.