Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln Aviator

Comments

• akirbyakirby Posts: 7,623
    Go back to post 1266.
  • cangelocangelo Posts: 19
    New to the list I ordered a 2004 Aviator back in Jan, French Silk fully loaded AWD it came in end of Feb without the advance track because of the sensor problem. I did not take delivery as a friend of mine is the G.M of the dealership and said he would order new. My new was to be in the 22nd of March. It is built but is on hold because of the radio/nav upgrade the factory is holding 210 units Approx due to problems on the radio side. Also the Nav is having software problems. As for the front Nav screen and DVD to work Yes it can be done. A place in N.Y.C wants Approx $1,200/$1,500.oo to change it but they need the vehicle. Another friend Of mine owns a Car audio shop he found a place in Calf, who wants about $1,1oo just send the the head unit they modify it with a one year warranty. He feels as with the others and looking at the wire diagram it is not too much different the Navigators and some of the others auto manufactures. The unit comes frome Vistion,and Johnson controls also the head unit is set up just like Audiovox When I get the vehicle I will be able to give more info but I have seen it done and it works well. As you all know it will void the factory warranty on the unit if it stops working.
  • wzfbwzfb Posts: 2
    Dealer changed rear differential of my Aviator three weeks ago, the axle whine problem is solved, now there is no noise at all.
  • Well, the incentives were renewed at the same rate of 3k or 0% fincancing.

My RWD Ultimate Aviator will be shipped the week of April 12. It had been held up due to the class III trailer hitch which was not previously available on 04 models until now. If you go to the Lincoln website you can now configure a RWD Aviator with class III hitch for 7,300 pounds of towing capability. The option gives you a 3.55 rear end. I can hardly wait... Now I am just waiting for my dealer to give me a quote on sanding down all the grey lower side moldings, mirrors and painting them in tricoat white so that I can have a monochromed Aviator. It's not an option on the Aviator but is on the Navigator. Here's a link to a guys Aviator that had it done. I wont be changing the grill or changing my wheels. I ordered the 17 inch chrome wheels. http://ftw.truckmoxie.com/forums/topic.ten?id=218645
  • lolaj42lolaj42 Posts: 420
    Has been an available option on all 2004 AWD Aviators. My AWD Ultimate Aviator was built in January '04 and has the Class III Tow Package option, though I have the 3.73 Axle Ratio. Towing capacity is 7100 pounds with this configuration.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    But I think they were put on hold for a couple of months because of the Rear Axle Whine phenomenon - until the new rear end differentials were available that could handle the torque from this engine under towing load. So, for a time, you couldn't order one in the Ford computer.
  • lolaj42lolaj42 Posts: 420
    had, until recently, only been an available option for Aviators equipped with AWD (per the '04 Sales Brochure). The RWD platform could only be purchased with the standard (Class I/II) trailer hitch. Also, per the '04 Brochure, the Aviator was ONLY built with the 3.73 rear diff, so the 3.55 is a late availability offering. It makes sense to me, as there are many people that tow that don't need the AWD functionality, and I'm sure many objected to being forced into the AWD system just to get the Class III hitch from the factory. To me, having more choices in configuring my vehicle is a good thing.
  • gkarggkarg Posts: 230
    My sister just bought a used 2004 demo. It is pretty much loaded. I think my favorite features are the nav. system & cooled seats (the 2 features I wish my otherwise loaded 2000 LS would have.)

The beast runs like a dream. I didn't notice the rear-end noise that has been noted. It was made in 10/03. Should I let them know that there is a potential problem?
    If they haven't noticed by now it's not there. It's really obvious. Mine occurs (waiting for next trip back to dealer for service) between 55-62 mph.
  • I am debating on whether or not to get my dealer to paint the lower moldings on my new Aviator when it arrives. Here is some pics of a guys tricoat white aviator that he had done. This guy works for a Lincoln dealer. The process to paint the moldings is time consuming because the moldings have a texture and that texture has to be sanded smooth. Of course the Monochromed look is an option on the Navigator. Check it out here http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/415770/4 and give me some honest opinions.
    Wait a few months and think about it. That's a lot of money for a minor cosmetic change. If you still want to do it then go for it.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    Honestly? I like the running board treatment, but hate the front end treatment.
  • ANT14ANT14 Posts: 2,687
    I like the originality of it, but there's a REASON why the bottom treatment is a bit more coarse than the upper sheetmetal. I would specify for a rust proofing to be applied in that area more-so, if your planning on keeping the vehicle long-term.
  • quemfalaquemfala Posts: 107
    I'm new to posting, although I've been following these boards for a month or so. I, too, have been in the "hunt" for an Aviator, but living in Florida, finding or ordering an AWD has been a problem. Every dealer said that they could order one, until it got to the details. Cangelo, at least you had been able to put in an order, I couldn't even do that! Lots of problems with options, primarily with Advance Trak and AWD. I couldn't get an honest answer out of anybody, regarding my situation. Now, I'm told, the factory will not take any buid orders. Apparently, they're shutting down early to re-tool for the new cross-over Aviator. I suppose I'll start calling up and down the East coast to see if anyone has a vehicle available, and try to be satisfied with whatever is left over.
    Keep us informed about your progress, I'll be interested if you'll actually be able to get the vehicle you ordered.
    The new crossover Aviator won't be out for another couple of years, so that's a bunch of hooey. Find another dealer. There could be ordering problems with certain options.
  • I ordered my RWD lincoln aviator two months ago and it is shipping next week. I ordered it with a class III towing package, Advance Trac roll stability control and in tricoat white. I had no issues with ordering. The only thing that stalled my order was the fact that I wanted a RWD with a class III towing package and that was not going to be available until April 5. I knew this when I ordered it and sure enough Ford's timeline was correct. My Aviator ships from the factory on April 12. You need to contact another Lincoln dealer in your area because your sales guy is selling you a load of bull. He is either lazy or his general manager is insisting on selling what they have in stock.
  • quemfalaquemfala Posts: 107
    My problem may be unique to the Florida market. I did speak with one of Lincoln zone people, she confirmed that "Advance Trak was not available", followed shortly thereafter with "all allocations for this region are closed out". They wouldn't even change one of the existing orders and replace it with mine. I've searched the Pittsburgh area and it seems that they have several units that would fit the bill, however, I'm not ready to make the trip just yet. (My Mom still lives up there.)

I may be incorrect about the new Aviator cross-over, but everything that I've researched says that it'll be in the showrooms as a 2005 or a very early 2006.
    Thanks for the inputs
  • ANT14ANT14 Posts: 2,687
    "I may be incorrect about the new Aviator cross-over, but everything that I've researched says that it'll be in the showrooms as a 2005 or a very early 2006.
    Thanks for the inputs "

The project doesn't even have a JOB1 date yet, when it does and I receive it, I'll let you know.
  • I own a 03 with chrome wheel option and have a painted alunm wheel, do you think my spare should match the other four on vehicle?