Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Any idea about the life of the front ends on the Camrys or Solaras? I heard the service advisor telling somone with a Solara, body style 1999-2000 that they go at that many miles but I didnt hear what milage. Any suggestions on the planned life of the front end??
  • aweifeifei:

I just purchased a Camry LE (2.4L 4cyl 4A) with ABS.
    Price: 18200-1000(rebate)=17200, with 3.7% APR.
    I showed the salesperson one post which has the price $16,995, and was told they could do that one week ago but not now. And they offered $17,200 with 3.7%. This website and your posts helps a lot.

Does your Camry have JBL? And which dealer did you get it from in NJ? Maybe I will go there for one.
    Thanks
  • Tchtcl,
    What is JBL? The Camry I bought is a standard LE with ABS option.
    The dealer is DCH Brunswick Toyota.

Good luck!

aweifeifei
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    JBL is James B. Lansing, an american pioneer in recording studio speakers. They are a "High end" speaker manufacturer now. Mostly recording studio and professional applications. In the Camry, the JBL stereo upgrade gives you bass,midrange, and treble controls for the audio, and 8 speakers in 6 locations. The Camry with the standard stereo system has only 6 speakers and audio controls for bass and treble only.
                            : )
                            Mackabee
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,913
    A reporter with a major magazine is looking to interview people who have recently considered buying a Chrysler, but ended up in a Toyota. If you fit the bill, please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com by Friday, September 12 with your daytime contact information and a few words about your experience.
    Thanks!

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• rcf8000rcf8000 Posts: 619
    Today I bought a 2004 Camry XLE from a Phoenix dealer, using the internet and the telephone, for "invoice". The dealer's "invoice" is about $500 higher than Edmunds "invoice" and about $600 below Edmunds TMV. A painless experience.
  • rk47rk47 Posts: 5
    2 days ago I bought from CarsDirect:
    2003 Camry SE(2.4L 4cyl) auto/sunroof/16" alum wheels/4 wheel ABS/spoiler/mats

Price: 18483(after $1000 rebate) + tax + license + $45 doc fee + $5 misc fee. Financed at 4.39% APR

Bought it before I discover this msg board. After watching all posts I think I should've solicit more internet dealer quotes. Maybe I could get lower.

Mackabee:in Aug you said both rebate & low rate fi can be offered simultaneously. Is it still true now in mid Sept? I was told they can't right here, and 2.9% can only be up to 36 month loan.
  • lok888lok888 BostonPosts: 1,788
    I think you did good with $19.4K (before the cash back). I bought my SE 4 (auto)with the same equipments for $20388 back in June. I took the 0% APR. If I take the $750 cash back, it would cost me $19638.
  • Hi, I am from eastcoast(NJ) and it's very difficult to locate SE manual(4 cyl). All I want is no option with manual, but most dealer don't carry them. I searched through most dealers in NJ, yet one dealer said, he can bring in from other state at 23000!!! What a crazy price during clearance sale season. Anyway, does anybody know what/how I can find SE with manual?
  • Tchtcl:

Acton Toyota thru actontoyota.com
  • i bought my SE stick at the time the dealer (eastern pa) has only 2 instock, not many color to choose from. More than 6 months later, the other one still hasn't left the dealer lot. i guess there is not a high demand, and they have to come here by boat from Asia.
    the average msrp is indeed around $23,000 after TDA
  • Bronzemaxell,
    Can you tell me the name of dealership or link? After researching Camry for a month, most manual tranny Camry are built in Japan. I think it must be better than US built one.
  • not sure how update are the info on the link
    http://www.sloaneautos.com/frameset2.asp?MAIN=new_vehicle_search

do a search on toyota camry se
  • nw1997nw1997 Posts: 227
    Hello Rcf8000,

Can you please provide us with more information on the Camry 04 XLE that you purchased on September 11. Is Edmunds really reputabile, I found their prices to be crazy low. We are looking to get an 04 SE V6 Camry loaded. Would you say Edmunds TMV pricing is on the money or are their prices off? When I looked into with Edmunds TMV pricing we did well, the pricing we are getting is below Edmunds TMV by a few hundred dollars. Edmunds TMV is about 600.00 less than our best price found. What's your feeling?

Thanks Alot.
  • Hi Folks,

Can anyone suggest what is considerd a good price on a 2003 Camry XLE with Premium Package? Looking at the 4cyl and 6cyl models. I would most likely buy the car in CT or NJ.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
    L3
  • On August 21st I purchased a 2003 Camry LE with ABS, Side Curtain AirBags, Night Vision Mirror w/Compass, Security System and 5Pc. Floor Mats for $18,600 + TTL in Dallas, Texas
  • On 9/24/03 I bought a 2003 Camry LE with automatic, ABS, JBL upgrade (code DJ) and floor mat set (code CF) from a dealer in Western Massachusetts. Price data was as follows:
    MSRP: $21,134 Invoice: $19,133.
    My price:$17,983 (including $1000 cash rebate). Plus 6% CT tax, $76 registration / title, and $175 dealer conveyance fee. Grand total "out the door" was $19,313. I was quoted a price of $17,500 from a dealer in the Boston area (2 hours away), but the extra costs of unpaid time off work, gas, tolls, handling the registration myself with state of CT DMV all but wiped out the extra savings. I estimate that my dealer made a profit of about $540 (or about 3%, not including the obvious extra profit of the dealer conveyance fees) which is less than the 5% dealers normally try to make. I shopped on the internet and via phone follow ups... which I felt saved me tons of BS. Once they knew I was seriously shopping and knew the numbers, it cut down on virtually all the sales hype. The worst price I was quoted was $19,079 (versus the low of $17,500)... quite a difference! Hope this helps.
  • Need to buy a 03 4cyl camry with no accessories.
    (with no accessories am i missing some obvious needs? or getting a real barebones car?)
    buying gift my elderly father. Went and test drove today.
    Should I email all local dealers for best price?
    what are others in Seattle area buying for compared to TMV price? Any suggestions on other
    online resources? what happens if i wait past end of Sept? lots of questions...hahah...thanks for any answers. Dan
    I got a price of $22840 for an XLE with Premium, air bag option, and mats, in Phoenix. Unexpectedly, when I went to pick up the car they also added on $249 for "Perma-Plate". The price was still less than Edmunds TMV, but I'm not happy about the add-on; seems like a scam to me.
    I can't figure out how Edmunds could have an accurate TMV on car models that have just come on the market, or, in some cases, where the cars haven't even arrived at the dealerships yet.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Hi westseattle - welcome!

You ought to check out the Tips & Advice section (blue tab at the top of the page) and also read through some of the discussions on our Smart Shopper board.

You'll find all kinds of help in both places. Good luck!
  • I hate buying a car under pressure. But I've just decided I should probably get a 2003 Camry (LE, V6 with VSC/airbag package). So... does this mean i need to hurry up, find the car, and make the deal in the next two days, before the rebate deal ends, if I want a good price? Or can I take a little more time and still expect to get a good deal sometime in October? Thanks.
  • nw1997nw1997 Posts: 227
    rcf8000,

Thanks for getting back to me. Would it be safe to say that your XLE is the 4 cycl. version? We put a down payment on a 04 SE V6 Camry with the following options and accessories:
    1. Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
    2. Five piece floor mats.
    3. RS3200 Plus Alarm System
    4. SE Navigation Package -- includes perforated
        leather-trimmed interior; touch-screen DVD
        navigation system with JBL Premium AM/FM
        single-disc CD player, eight speakers in six
        locations and FM diversity reception;
        manually retractable rear sunshade; and
        trunk-mounted cargo net.
    5. VSC and Side Airbag Package -- includes
        Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) with
        Traction Control (TRAC) and Brake Assist
        and driver and front passenger front
        seat-mounted side airbags and front and
        rear side curtain airbags
    6. Color-keyed rear spoiler with integrated
        center stop lamp.
    7. Heated front seats
    8. Power-adjustable pedals
    9. Aluminum Rims w/all season sport tires.

We obtained all of the above for $27,710.00 without taxes and Registration and DMV charges. Edmunds was a bit higher, and Cars Direct.com prices was $27,210.00. When I contacted Cars Direct they added a Documentation fee of $187.75 and a Registration Fee of $155.00. This brings their price to $27,552.75 plus taxes. Our dealer charged us $85.00 for Reg. fees and $20.00 for documentation fees and $10.00 for inpection. You are correct, because I do not know how these on line companies are coming up with these crazy prices before the vehicle is even on the road. Nearly every dealer I spoke to cannot come close to the $27,710.00 price we obtained. What's your opinion on how we did on our purchase and pricing.

Thanks
    Yes, my XLE is a 4 cylinder. Sounds like your deal was very good, indeed. Congratulations!
  • base price $19.875 options aw-wheels 410.00,rf-spoiler 435.00 cf floor mats184.00 gn cargo net49.00 delivery-485.00 msrp $21,438 89.00 doc fee 89.00 dealer is quoting $17,900 is this ok or can I do alot better midwest region. thanks
  • bpanbpan Posts: 5
    Got 2003 Camry LE with automatic, ABS, floor mat set, trunk net, moonroof. MSRP Price is $21,793. My price: $18000 (including $1000 cash rebate). Plus 6% NJ tax, $79 registration / title, and $135 dealer conveyance fee. Grand total "out the door" was $19,354. Is it a good deal? How much is dealer's profit?
  • slov98slov98 Posts: 112
    I think it's a little too late to ask if it was a good deal since you already took it, if you're happy with the deal than it was a good deal.
    to be more specific, I priced the options you mentioned and the invoice price, not msrp, comes out to $19,395 so I think you did great, $1400 below invoice, before the fees.
  • who's your dealer? i got mine for 18102 +ttl w/o moonroof so you got a great deal. but then, i got mine 2 months ago so i guess they really dropped the price on this one with the 04 already in the market.
  • lamplamp Posts: 20
    After reading all the deals people have now, I felt I did really good 2 months ago. Purchased a 2003 camry LE with moon roof and mats on 7/31 in southern california. The sell price was $18,150 Out of door price is $19,150 (8.25% tax, ttl and other fees then subract $700 rebate).
    It only took less than 40 min. time to haggle. Walked in to the dealership..test drove it..told the salesman this is the price i want...and i stood firm...got the price nailed down..then told him i would come back the next day with check. Went back to dealership, told the salesman that i wanted another $150 knocked off, took him 5 sec. to say "yes".
  • If my math is correct, the sticker on your deal was $21444, discounted $3294, minus $700 rebate. That is a good discount from MSRP. What dealer/city did you get the car? I'm looking for 2003 XLE discounted $4500, minus $1000 rebate. I missed ads earlier this month at $4500 and $4000 discounts. The closest a dealer has come is $3500 discount/$1000 rebate, so were $1000 apart. Let me know where you bought it. THANKS