Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I just purchased my Camry Hybrid today from Capitol Toyota in San Jose, CA. I didn't place an order or put down a deposit. Walked onto the lot and saw two fully loaded ones sitting there - blue and white. I chose the blue fully loaded $30,667 MSRP.

After a little haggling, the price came down to:

$30,284 -- $383 off MSRP
    and $33,100 OTD, which was $417.49 less than their OTD asking price. No hiddenfees or add-ons or anything like that.

These guys were pretty easy to deal with; eager to make a deal but, not too pushy.

There was still the white one at $30589 MSRP when I left.
  • topgun7topgun7 Posts: 409
    A new G35 is coming out in the next few months. The resale value of the 06 G35 will take a pretty good hit. So it is more of a question of how long you intend to keep the car. Also the current G35 is about 4 to 5 years old now. So the design are at least 3 to 4 years older than the Camry TCH. It may or may not be important in your purchase decision. But at least it is something to think about.
  • bscrvbscrv Posts: 3
    I got price quote for LE 4 Cylinder(auto) with Carpet Floor Mat as $20,900 (OTD - Includes everything. Pay this amount and drive the car). What you guys think of this price?
  • just1guyjust1guy Posts: 19
    Same car { LE auto - floor mats were free for some reason }in Chicago $21200 OTD { 8.5 percent tax rate }.
  • njeraldnjerald Posts: 688
    19,874 ($400 over dealer invoice) with mats and rear bumper applique at Fitzmall.

Who knows how much your tax and license is?

I'm sure you can get loss leader strippers cheaper than that though.
  • kmkimkmkim Posts: 4
    I ordered my camry yesterday in Chicago.
    Basically all dealer told me that they could sell this car to another customer although I wouldn't buy it.
    It was so bad experience.
    However,,, I bought one.
    The price is $19919 without any options and taxes.
    A dealer suggested $19800 and $20571 with moonroof, but it would take about two weeks.

They don't want to deal, so it is difficult to say dealer's real costs...
    If you don't need it right now, please wait by this winter.

For a reference, they don't provide rebate for graduate students. only college student...

One more thing, Elgin & Northbrook was so inkind & suggested only MSRP!!!
    Good luck!!!
  • moeharrimoeharri Posts: 108
    I believe you are incorrect about the graduate degree issue: "be enrolled in an accredited graduate degree program or have received a degree from an accredited graduate degree program during the last two years".

http://www.toyotafinancial.com/finance/college_grads.html
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Posts: 1,405
    They don't want to deal, so it is difficult to say dealer's real costs...

The dealers cost is the same reguardless of how they want to "deal". Market Value however is what the car brings with the current "supply and demand" situation and for some cars it may be $500 under invoice plus $2500 Rebate, for one it may be MSRP and in some cases (Ford Cobra) it may be $10,000+ over MSRP. As long as all the dealers are charging the same for the same car there is no use in getting mad about it. That's the market price. IF everybody is paying MSRP then it's a "decent" deal. They only way to beat the MSRP car deals is don't buy. If enough people don't then the prices drop, or in some cases like the Camry, if Market Supply increases, competition will drop the prices. I'm guessing the 2008 Camry will sell with the same marketing price structure as did the 2005 or 2006 Camries (local discounting to meet competition).

The dealer's real cost should be easily found on this website or kbb.com
    kmkim,
    Did you pay $19919 as your OTD price? if yes could you please post the dealer name?
    kmkim,
    What brand tires you got in the car you bought?
  • enakenak Posts: 2
    Hi guys,
    I need some opinion about the price that i ordered 2 weeks ago in southern california.
    SE V6, JBL, leather, auto-dimming rearview mirror, rear-spoiler, sunroof. They asked for $700 above invoice.
    Edmunds invoice - $25,142
    Dealer's invoice - $25,413

so, $25,413 + $700 - $400 (college grad) = $25,713 + TTL.

-what you guys think?
    -Is it true that dealer take out the carpet from manufacture if we don't order it ($149 invoice?)

thanks, enak.
  • rockxprockxp Posts: 11
    Has anyone tried carsdirect.com. They do the negiotation for you with the dealer.
  • gcrewzrgcrewzr Posts: 9
    What is the OTD? What dealer did you contact wiht?
  • enakenak Posts: 2
    I contacted the Crown Toyota in Ontario thru Internet Sales Dept.
  • mbolivermboliver Posts: 55
    Does anyone know if Toyota does factory tinting on the Camry? I am ordering one and asked for factory tint but they are saying they don't do that...they do it locally. Thanks
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Posts: 1,405
    Does anyone know if Toyota does factory tinting on the Camry?

I've read a lot of posts and have not seen any factory offerings for tint.
  • mbolivermboliver Posts: 55
    Thanks! I just didn't think any auto manufacturer didn't offer factory tinting. I was surprised to hear Toyota doesn't. I hope whoever the dealer gets to do it does a good job! :)
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,023
    A large national news magazine is looking new Toyota owners that switched out from a Ford vehicle with their new purchase. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, August 23, 2006 by 2:30 PM PT/5:30 PM ET containing your daytime contact information, what Toyota car you purchased and what Ford car you left behind.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• pdkesqpdkesq Posts: 14
    Spent the last month going back and forth with three Toyota in search of a Camry Hybrid. I'd actually ordered one from a Toyota dealer in California, we agreed to a deal on my trade and on the Camry. The day it comes in (took about 10 days) he calls and says its here but that he's going to have to knock 2K off what we agreed to for my trade. I told him to take the Camry and shove it. After going around with the other Toyota dealers again, I wound up buying an Acura TL. I'd really wanted the hybrid for the fuel saving, but the Acura was the same price fully loaded (got a great deal) and it drives much nicer than the Camry, so I'm happy.

Its kind of ironic. Toyota makes great cars but their dealers suck. Every time I go into a Toyota dealer its a miserable experience. They short change me on the trade, and, more often than not, are pretty rude. Everytime I'm in the market I hope for a better experience but so far, no luck. Not coincedentally, so far I've yet to buy a Toyota (chose a Honda, three Nissans, and an Acura instead).
  • Hey Guys. This is my first time joining and posting. I always use to lurk for advice and info.

Anyway. Wanted to get you all's opinion on what deal I got. I was looking at the 06 Maxima cause of the power and handling (and beautiful 1500 rebate)

I got an 2007 SE V6 Camry (Gray):
    -Tint
    -JBL CD Changer
    -Rear Spoiler
    -Sunroof Package
    -Floor/Trunk Matts

For $26,957.51 out the door. (24,957.51 after trade).
    Edmunds TMV last time checking was 25,480 for buyers in my area.

I live in NC by the way. Was going to go through Carsdirect.com (quoted sales 25,800) cause my wife hates it when I get it in paranoide mode.

I do great working with the dealer, its the paper work I hate because I've heard too many people's horror stories of getting a great deal but getting raked over the coals coming to signing the papers.

Wife said I made the poor guy earn his money by making sure everything was filled out and clearly stated and I got a copy of everything. Also no blankspots.

So how did I do?

Helpful links:
    -carbuyingtips.com
    -carsdirect.com
    -cars.com
    -www.truliantfcu.org/chrometester2.html