Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I received the following quote from an Atlanta dealer
    Camry SE v6
    Leather
    Spoiler
    Mats
    Tint
    $25438+tax+ $21 title fee

I was wondering since the 09s are coming out in Jan would there be a significant price cut of the 08s?
  • Orange County buyers,

What is the lowest quote any of you have received for a 2008 Camry LE in this area? Right now my lowest quote is around $18500 after the $500 rebate. I want to get it around $18000.

Please let me know your experiences.

Thanks,
    R
  • I have got a quote for 2008 4dr, 4cyl, basic Camry LE (no addtional options) as 20,250 OTD in So.California. $20,250 includes everything carprice, tax, etc..Is it a good price? or Am I paying too much?
  • jhsyjhsy Posts: 3
    I think I got a good deal and didn't feel like doing more rounds of emails. The $27250 quoted price only adds the floor mats and the comfort option, no alarm or spoiler. The spoiler would increase by $400 (could probably talk down to $300). I didn't price out the alarm. I may install the spoiler myself as I've found prepainted ones on ebay for $89 ($25 shipping) that looked pretty good and relatively easy to install.

Good luck with your deal in Seattle!

BTW, I found that I actually got responses from all 10 dealers I contacted, but 4 of them got spam-filtered by yahoo and I didn't check my spam folder in time. If you're doing the email blast, make sure you check you spam folder! Probably would not have mattered too much though one dealer had a very good initial quote.
  • A month ago, I received a quote for 2008 LE std for $20,400 OTD included tax (7.75%) and everything at Tustin. Your quote seems reasonable by the fact the LE 2009 will be ready by the end of Jan, or Feb next year...
    I'm planning to buy one but still waiting for 2009 LE which may have the Stability Control system as std....similar to Honda 2008.
    Good luck :)
  • Is Consumer Reports price of $14 per car report worth it? I want to know the bottom line price but think that $42 for the 3 cars I am considering, to be a ripoff.

Is there any other way yo get this information?

I was quoted about $23,600 for Camry XLE v4 2008 (plus taxes)
    How much should I negotiate for?
    I appreciate your responses.
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    www.fitzmall.com has a XLE (the Toyota 4 cylinder is an inline I4, not a V4) with VSC for 23,155 (MSRP=26,509).......which is a reference point for you.
  • I purchased the report which says $22.4K as the bottom line price - but the dealer refuses to budge.
    I shall have to look at LE now.
    The dealer says $21.9K for LE including heated leather and compass mirror.
  • glenglen Posts: 17
    Hello,

Just bought a new 08 CE manual trans for $15,888. (radio ad) +tax +alarm $400.

Fremont Toyota in CA. I worked hard for this price.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,667
    Congratulations - that's a great price. I have an '07 CE manual transmission. It's a great car for the price. What kind of alarm, and who installed it? Did you get keyless installed also?
    Not sure who makes the alarm. It's aftermarket though. It has keyless entry and alarm w/shock sensor. It has not been installed yet.

Been new car driving, : ), it has 252 miles now, the gas gauge is still above 1/2! Is the gas gauge linear? How many miles do you get on a tank?

thanks,

Glen
    See my post #570 in the "Toyota Camry Real World MPG" forum.

I would be curious to know what kind of keyless/alarm, if you can find out when they install it. Your dealer is going to install it? The only thing I sometimes miss is the keyless, but I wasn't going to pay $1,000 more to get an LE just to get keyless and a power seat. And getting a manual in an CE was hard enough, but I bet it is even tougher to get an LE manual.

You said it was a radio advertisement? I know some dealers either use the cheaper manual tranny car they have to get people in the door and then sell them a higher priced one, or the dealer can't sell the manual tranny, so they put it for sale cheap.

Again, great price on a great car!
    mcdawgg,

I am looking at my paperwork now. The Alarm is a "Chapman deluxe vehicle security system". The dealer is going to install it.

The sheet says;
    R.P.S. - Random panic sound *
    Random panic parking lights *
    Best shock sensor in the world *
    High visibility theft warning light *
    Intrusion alert
    3-year warranty and theft protection guarantee
    * Code-Alarm exclusive features

I am very happy with this Camry. My 1995 Mercury Tracer blew the head gasket (I am still going to repair it) and I needed work transportation. Was looking and almost bought a Corolla when this price came over the radio on the ride home. The Camry was $2800 more than auto Corolla.

Drove a stick for many years... not sure at first about this Camry stick, but glad about it now. This car would lull you to sleep without it. The stick adds PIZAZZ to the drive! I feel 10 years younger driving it. Knowing what I know now, I would have paid MORE for the stick!

I will let you know more about the alarm when installed.
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Posts: 1,405
    15,888. (radio ad)....I worked hard for this price.

So just how hard did you have to work to listen to a price on a radio ad and buy the car??? ;)
    The car price is one thing... Financing is another. This car was a "loss leader" to get people in the door.

Below is the "work" part;

The dealer will try to offset car price by increasing interest rate, dealer add-ons ect. The initial interest rates at the table were too high. I had to negotiate for a few days.

I was able to get 60 month 5.9% no down. Payment before alarm $336.

A little over what my target was (Corolla) but I have "more" car.
    The dealer will try to offset car price by increasing interest rate

I guess I've had it easy over the years. The only experience I have with Dealer financing is when they have had 0%. I usually make a deal and then have them hold a note until my Credit Union sends them a check. I don't even have to bother with a prequalification from them. Currently 6% for 60mo or 6.25 for 72mo and they will loan up to the MSRP. I guess that's why I never figured the financing part to be "work".

I'm guessing you'll like the Camry a lot more then the Corolla. I will be interested in seeing the new Corolla though. My mom and daughter both have them but my TCH gets better milage and is loaded.
    Glen,

Thanks for the info on the keyless/alarm. I have another question, but I should ask it in the 2008 Toyota Camry forum. If you can, please check over there.

Thanks!
  • krc1krc1 Posts: 5
    I am looking for a 2008 SE camry in the Georgia area. Can someone give me the price you paid or some good quotes given and the name of the dealership? Please include options also. Thanks
  • I paid 23,104 after taxes, tags,

It was equipped with body side moulding, moonroof, rear spoiler and rubber weather mats. It was purchased in Raleigh NC.
    raleighpr,

Leith, Anderson, or Jacobsen?
  • I bought a Camry 2008 LE with Vehicle Stability Control, heated leather, auto dimming rear view mirror for $21,500 delivered. (taxes extra). I bought it from Molle Toyota in Kansas City. The price without the leather and auto dimming mirror was $19,600.
  • I am looking for an LE with a sunroof and would like to have the dealer add leather to it. I like the 60/40 back seat split in the LE which isn't available in the SE. What is a fair price? So far the best price I've received is $24,500. I can't figure out how to figure a fair price for the leather. Quotes have been between $1600-$2000
    do a google search. There are companies which sell the leather seat covers, custom made for specific model fit. You can easily find the cost of the leather. I don't have the URL handy on this system.
    would like to have the dealer add leather to it.

I'm not familiar with the LE but can you not find one from the factory with it? Most of the posts I have seen from the last year the installed leateher cost as much as the OEM and the OEM included the heaters I believe. I'd research the specific installer well as some early posters didn't like their installation.
  • hey folks,

Have been following this thread for a while.

I just drove home a 2008 Camry V6 silver with moonroof and JBL 6 cd hanger 440 w stereo system, no leather, no nav. I paid 25000 OTD, (23400+TTL). I was wondering if its a reasonable price or did I get ripped.
  • Can you please verify if Camry LE comes with JBL? My speakers are some no name brand.
    Check the Toyota website and configure a car. JBL is an audio upgrade to the JBL....available if you spend the bucks.
  • tnrtnr Posts: 10
    2007 Camry LE with 13,000 miles, sunroof, JBL radio etc.....$19,799 (then you add all those pesky taxes etc.). Bought it last weekend...was reduced $1,200 off the sticker. It's pretty onpar with what I've seen online.
  • etangetang Posts: 1
    I'm so sorry to hear that my friend! Is this your first time buying a new car! God! I see that you just get rid off $2000. Before you bought that car have you check how much it cost? For all of you who ever want to buy a toyota car! here is my tips! Just want help you guy out. I bought the same car you bought! Camry se auto 08.
    The deal was $19500 + 1365 (7% tax) + 156 (tag) = $21021 with 4.9 for 5 years financing! And you paid for $ 23104. Camry are camry They all the same! Dont let them said things like destination charge......bull sss. When ever you buy a car go to yahoo check for the invoice! If you can buy a car with that price! you get an ok deal. 250 less than invoice price good deal you are good! If 500 less great deal you fking great! but no way you get more than 500 less than invoice! (price before tag and tax) 1 more thing no waranty. New car always comes with waranty. Don't let them get you! 5 years or 15000......whatever. Put it this way! Everybody have to eat! They want to sale those card. They need to make money! They don't offer you that deal! just go! They will call you next couple days later! Do you have any idea how many cars they have in the lot? If they have their cars there for 1 day! How much money they loose? And remember? Toyota is not the only car! Hundres brand of cars out there! thousand of model and trims out there! Come on! Get a good deal save money for your kid to go to college! Even you dont have one! just save it! HONDA Sale manager are elohssa. kcuf them all
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Posts: 702
    Someone else last week paid 19727 OTD for 2008 SE Auto OTD...however her finance rate was 6 for 5 years
    $18900
    tax 3% $567
    $160 tags
    $100 misc fee