Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ailafwdailafwd Posts: 2
    Thanks to all your inputs from this forum.

Bought a new 2009 Camry LE V6 (with premium sound & alloy wheels) from Fitzmall near WashingtonDC

Price paid : 21,767 + TTL(752) + Doc(99) + Dest(0)
    Out The Door Price: $22,618 !!!!! :)

More info:
    TTL --> Tax-VA: 671 ; TL: 81
    MSRP: $25,999
    Invoice: $23,436 (21,877 + PremiumSound-950 + Alloy-410 + Mats-199)
    Fitzmall Internet Price: $22,167 (got a $400 discount after hard bargaining!)
    The discount includes $500 Toyota customer rebate on V6
  • ailafwdailafwd Posts: 2
    Forum Policy:
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.
  • andyp28andyp28 Posts: 3
    If you can get that deal on a Hybrid then don't wait...get it before it's gone....
  • saidiadudesaidiadude Posts: 49
    Lots of ads in today's LA Times newspapers show 0% Financing on "select" Toyota models (Honda and Nissan seem to offering similar interest rates). Number of months are not listed for Camry. Anyone know if the 0% applies to the Camry SE? For how long?

I'm interested in the following:

2009 Camry SE Auto 4cyl
    Color: Barcelona Red
    Options: SR (Sunroof) + Spoiler (RF) + Vehicle Stability Control (VS), Carpet Floor+Trunk Mat
  • saidiadudesaidiadude Posts: 49
    Just called the local dealer and he stated that 0% did not apply to the Camry. Toyo is offering 2.9% for 36 months though. The quote was a bit high (and wrong color), so I declined.

Car offered:
    2009 Camry SE Auto 4cyl
    $21274 + fees net after 500 rebate
    equipt is cf.qb.rf.sr.
    color: Mag Grey (wanted Red)

Car wanted:
    2009 Camry SE Auto 4cyl
    Color: Barcelona Red
    Options: SR (Sunroof) + Spoiler (RF) + Vehicle Stability Control (VS), Carpet Floor+Trunk Mat

Will keep looking.
  • mar11mar11 Posts: 4
    I have just ordered my 09 TCH, and the spec sheet lists an "upgraded accessory package" for $279. Every time I ask the salesman what is in this package, I get a different answer - "I think, etc." I can't find this package in any literature or anywhere online. I already have every available package ordered. Any clue? :confuse:
  • mburbagemburbage Posts: 2
    09 Camry CE automatic for 18,000 (not including tax & tag) and dealer will add leather seats at the dealership. We have 2 dealers in my area and the other dealer would not go lower than 22,500. I am in no hurry to purchase. Is there a certain time of year that is better to purchase a new car? Or would I be foolish to not purchase now for 18,000?
  • kuvaszokkuvaszok Posts: 3
    Bought a TCH yesterday. Asked dealer if he would deal, and he knocked $500 off MSRP.

In mixed city & hwy it's averaging 39.5.

Smooth ride, love the upgraded rear view mirror, hard to believe how quiet it is, hands-free BT is nice, and I really like the keyless entry.

- k
  • brownslbrownsl Posts: 1
    I just ordered a TCH from a dealer with a price of about $350 above invoice. This is far and away the best offer I got. I sent emails to other dealers and everyone quoted MSRP. It almost seems too good. The dealer sent me an email breaking down the quote. The dealer said it could be 8 weeks before the car arrives. Is there anything I can do to help ensure I get the car for the price they quoted me two months from now? I worry that when the car comes in they will say that it is too good of a price and not honor it. I did give them a $100 deposit.
  • tamone1tamone1 Posts: 5
    I just helped my mom purchase a 2009 Base Model Camry w/ automatic transmission. We paid $18557+Tax/Tag, This included the floor mats, trunk mat and cargo net. Plus she got 0% financing for 48 months. Wondering if this is good deal???
  • iluvmcoiluvmco Posts: 2
    The invoice is @ 18,995. Should I get deal at the invoice or below invoice? Please let me know. I live in E.Lansing, MI. Can any one reccomend a good delaer closer to Lansing, MI.
  • iluvmcoiluvmco Posts: 2
    I am looking to add these to my price tag of 19,000 for Camry LE.
  • lucky_777lucky_777 Posts: 205
    Sounds like really good deal! Are you sure about about 0% financing? I didn't see Toyota offering 0% on Camry. What state/city are you from? New incentives should start tomorrow, hope Toyota offers 0%.
  • shand32783shand32783 Posts: 57
    I'm waiting to see what incentves will be like tomorrow also!

All local dealerships have red 2008 LE's on thier lots. I wish they would have a good lease rate for the 2008's. Right now they offer $750 or 2.9 for 36 or 3.9 for 48/60 on all 2008's.

MSRP is $24000 and some change and I'm hoping to be at about 86-88% of MSRP but am waiting to see what deals will show up. DO you think that's a fair price? 3 months ago I could of got an 2008 SE at 88% that was when the 09's started hitting the lots. They have to be losing some money on the 08's wouldn't you think?
  • dt10957dt10957 Posts: 3
    Please see #6417 for forum policy.
  • lsbcallsbcal Posts: 11
    Dt10957, since I put in so much financial detail on the previous posts, I'll just say that we are in Santa Rosa, Ca. and I've been querying dealers within an hour's drive.
  • mogal1mogal1 Posts: 9
    Is $15,995 a good price for a used 2007 CE with 8600 miles? If not, what would be a good price?

My budget is about $17,000, I get an extra $500 off if I buy preowned certified or new.

Thanks for any advice.
  • alanmilleralanmiller Posts: 10
    I'd definitely take it; this sounds like an excellent deal.
  • shazam3shazam3 Posts: 13
    I just bought an 09 Camry Hybrid 2 weeks ago through the Costco Auto Program. The dealer sold it to me for $500 over invoice. MSRP in my zip code for the fully loaded one (leather, navigation, etc) is $31370. I paid $28600. Only 3 dealers in the entire county had a couple left in stock and weren't expecting a new batch until mid June. I was lucky one of those was the color I wanted (Magnetic Gray) and a Costco delaer had it.
    Even though they normally sell here for 500 under MSRP, dealers that have signed up with Costco have to honor $500 over invoice. No hassle, no haggle at the dealer. They don't mess with you if you have a Costco referral. Costco also sends you a $50 gift certifcate good towards parts/service, and if you have the executive membership with them, you get 15% off service/parts for life at that dealer.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Posts: 702
    $500 over invoice is a bit high for a 09 Camry Hybrid when they are sold a few bills below invoice.
  • lsbcallsbcal Posts: 11
    shazam3, hope you enjoy your Camry Hybrid! What county are you referring to? Seems dealers in Sonoma County are still waiting too.
  • Do not go to Mark Jacobson in Durham, NC. He has some really bad reviews. I have a friend who recommends the Toyota dealership in Henderson, NC. Good luck!
  • $500 over invoice is a bit high for a 09 Camry Hybrid when they are sold a few bills below invoice.

Just so I am clear, how far below invoice do you think the '09 Hybrids are going for? What about '08's? I am in California and looking to buy one. Thanks.
    lsbcal:
    Thanks. I'm really enjoying all its features, though I'm having a hard time adjusting riding so low to the ground now now. I sold my Tundra to buy the TCH. However, just thinking about the gas consoles me. The tundra was costing me $100/week in gas. My TCH still has half a tank of gas left in it and I've had it for 2 weeks. I'm averaging 36 mpg till now, fwy/cty combined.
    I'm in San Diego. Right now there's only one dear here whose online inventory shows they have 4 on the lot. Wonder if they do have them or just haven't updated their website: www.toyotacarlsbad.com
    Maybe in North Carolina.
  • I live in California, and found San Francisco Bay Area prices about $500 higher than in the greater Los Angeles area. I ended up buying from Puente Hills Toyota, about 25 miles east of downtown Los Angeles:

09 Camry LE, 4 cylinder
    car 18488.00 (before $500 rebate)
    documentation fee 55.00
    CA sales tax (8.75% for me, based on car + doc fee) 1622.51
    CA license 174.00
    tire fee 8.75
    LA county fee 10.00
    rebate -500.00
    total 19858.26

I noticed that "base" Camrys (same as LE but no keyless entry, no driver's power seat) were hard to find, and went for about $16,500 + TTL. That means these two features cost about $1500.

I went to the dealership early on a weekday morning, because they are supposedly limited to only 5 "ad" cars per week, and their "week" starts on a weekday. Purportedly, all 5 are typically gone by noon. They pushed hard for me to finance, but I paid in full by cashier's check.

http://www.puentehillstoyota.com/site_specials.cfm
    [posted 2008-06-06]
  • I have found Toyota Platinum Warranties that have been substantially discounted come from

Molle Toyota
    601 W 103 Street
    Kansas City, Missouri 64114

I purchased a 7 year 100,000 mile warrant with no deductable in for about 725.00,

These guys have great prices on Toyota Platinum warranties that are backed by Toyota Motor Corporation. Due to edmunds no soliciting policy, I could not include the phone number or the person, but contact their CIO/warranty person, and they would be able to help you.

I hope this post stays, on so that other readers may benefit of buying toyota warranties at highly discounted prices.

Thank you,
  • For all you toyota shoppers check out this dealership for buying extended Toyota Platinum Car warranties backed by Toyota

Molle Toyota
    601 W 103 Street

I purchased a Toyota Platinum Extended Care warranty for 7 years 100,000 miles and zero at a really great price. Give them a call, and asked to speak with the CIO person or Warranty.
  • have found Toyota Platinum Warranties that have been substantially discounted come from

Molle Toyota
    601 W 103 Street

I purchased a 7 year 100,000 mile warrant with no deductable in for about 725.00,

These guys have great prices on Toyota Platinum warranties that are backed by Toyota Motor Corporation. Due to edmunds no soliciting policy, I could not include the phone number or the person, but contact their CIO/warranty person, and they would be able to help you.

Thank you,
  • quixotic1quixotic1 Posts: 23
    What's going on here? Molle just charged me $815 for th 6/100 last week. When did you purchase?