Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,623
    That is a pretty good story.. with a happy ending, no less!!

Congratulations on the new car!!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• shasta67shasta67 Posts: 109
    I will not post the dealer name as I believe that it was a situation of one bad (greedy) apple.

You are a better person than I am. I would have taken the car back and still posted the name of the dealer. The GM should be commended but if the finance guy is still working there not much got changed. I have had more deals blown in the finance office than any other place. It usually revolves around a warranty or some other stupid thing they want to "add" to the deal after I have already made it.

My friend, who was recently divorced and has horrible credit, was told that the only way they could qualify him is if he bought everything under the sun. Warranty, service agreement, mop and glow ect. It is funny how you don't have good enough credit for a "good" deal but if you buy all kinds of useless add-ons now they can find someone to lend you the money. Well the next day he got to thinking about it and cancelled most everything. The Toyota dealer went ballistic, threatened to sue him and told him to bring the car back. My friend called Toyota Credit, who in turn called the dealership. An hour later my friend got a call saying they were going to be "nice" and let him keep the car.
  • Way to go! Good job. :)
  • I got a quote from a dealership near Orlando for a 2007 Camry SE V6 Auto with:

Sunroof
    rear spoiler
    side molding
    dealer-installed tint
    Floormats
    2 yr/100k mi drivetrain war (on top of factory war)

and 6% tax.

I was told the base price of the car before fees, taxes and tags was: $25499

Good Deal? Anyone beat it?
  • kul2kul2 Posts: 9
    My fine 1999 camry got rear-ended. The insurance company decided to total it and now I am in Market to buy a new one. Does any one know when is 2008 camry expected? Last time I bought camry, I missed on a rebate of $1000 that was offered a month later.
  • robleorobleo Posts: 1
    Hello, I am brand new in car buying business, so wanted some pointers from people who have do this or have done this before.
    I am interested in a 07 Camry SE V6 AUTO with no other options. What would be an fair OTD price for a such vehicle? Location is Oregon. The MSRP is 24,615, Invoice 21,907. Any pointers and/or suggestions?

Thank you!
    Rob :)
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Posts: 1,405
    I haven't seen many people talk about what they paid for their Camry Hybrid. Any folks out there want to share what they paid?

Oh a lot of us talked about it, just have not seen anything for a while. I got mine May 5th for $500 off MSRP. I was in time to not only get the full $2600 but also a $3750 tax credit in WV (credit good until June 5th). The WV credit is over three years, but after credits I'll have less than $24,000 in my LOADED TCH (Nav / sunroof / leather, etc...) Averaging 39mpg over 18,000 miles.

Can you see me smiling as I write this?
  • 07xle07xle Posts: 177
    First go to toyota.com, put in your zip code in Build your Own, and see if you can get one with no options.

Second, the MSRP with destination charge is $25,435 with dealer invoice being about $23,250.

Third, start at March 2006 and read all the forum postings to learn something about Camry pricing.

Fourth, read the Tips and Advice articles at edmunds.com.

Fifth, check Camry prices at Fitzmall.com. They are selling at dealer invoice now....

You should be relatively informed at that point.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,818
    A national news magazine is looking to interview recent Toyota car buyers that switched from owning a GM vehicle (Chevrolet, Pontiac, GMC, Cadillac, Saturn, Buick, Hummer, Saab). If you are interested, please send an email to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Monday, January 29, 2007 containing your daytime contact information.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• tnsigtnsig Posts: 25
    Thanks WVGASGUY. I actually did a search in this thread and didn't find a whole lot. No biggie though. I thought I got a decent deal at a little less than 1% over dealer invoice. I ordered the car and hope it will be here before March 31st so I can get the $1300 tax credit.

Are you buy chance the same WVGASGUY that used to frequent greenhybrid.com? I browse that forum often and stumbled upon the thread that prompted your departure. It's too bad you left...

Oh and you got an exceptional deal considering the full federal credit and that amazing state credit. I wish TN offered something similar :cry:
  • There is a difference between one on order and one special ordered, correct? In other words, if I walked into your dealership and wanted to order a camey that had to be built to my specs because there isn't one in existence then what would you offer over invoice? Just trying to make sure I understand. Thanks!
  • Anyone know what invoice is for the LE and SE? Trying to figure what a good price is in Philly.

Offered from dealer a V4 LE for 20,184

Is the v6 worth the cost?
  • andy82471andy82471 Posts: 120
    I am guessing right around late August or early September, so you have to wait a while.
  • I would over it to you and 500 over invoice. :shades:
  • 07xle07xle Posts: 177
    Look at fitzmall.com for dealer invoice prices. They are selling at invoice now!!!!!!

Try the I4!!!!!!!

V6 is great for towing, mountains....
  • Hi. I'm in the market for a 2007 toyota camry xle v6 with the following options:vsc, smart key, color coded mud guards, heated seats, and floor and trunk mats. I received a quote for 31,236.65 (tax, title, dest charge, and gov. fee included). If i decide to do this, the car would had to be special order. Can anyone please tell me if this is a good price? I'm currently looking into cars direct and other dealers in ga. Also, I visited fitzmall.com. Can someone please me tell if their car buying experience at fitz have been positive or negative? Thank you for time.
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    I'm 4 hours from Fitzmall, but have visited since I have a business location close by. I've also talked on the phone with them a couple times. I have friends, business associates, and family members who have collectively purchased about a dozen cars over the years, all very positive (and long term) experiences. Although I have not personally purchased from them at this point, I fully expect to over the course of the next 2 upcoming car purchases. I like their upfront no-haggle internet business model. Time is important to me, and this business model allows you to very quickly find an excellent price.
    Are you buy chance the same WVGASGUY that used to frequent greenhybrid.com?

Yeah, that was me. Couldn't deal with it any longer so I left.
    I browse that forum often and stumbled upon the thread that prompted your departure. It's too bad you left...

Actually it was more than one thread, I'm not that sensitive. That was just the final straw and I didn't want to be there anymore. It's pretty well turned into a blogging site and I just wanted to enjoy, learn and teach about the TCH rather than name my car, argue over the need for senthetic oils and 50psig tire pressures and then actually get censured and have a thread shut down by a bunch of liberals, what's that all about anyway?

Just so our host doesn't get mad, let me say that those of you that are getting the discounts are getting as good a deal over all as those of us that bought early. I just liked the idea of the government paying me after all these years rather than taking it out of Toyota's profits. I have written and received responses back from my governor and congressmen (and women) about the need to not punish Toyota by reducing the tax credits. I'm hoping after the State of the Union speech that they wise up. Don't punish the one company that's trying to give the public what they want and need.
  • dan87dan87 Posts: 2
    Just wanted to know if you guys think I got a good deal or not

2007 camry le v6 with EJ,FE,CF options
    invoice - 22900.00

The salesman would'nt sell it to me for invoice.He was asking for $500 over the invoice,but we agreed on $300 over invoice.

total price- 23200.00
    sales tax - 1624.00
    tire tax - 7.50
    registration/title fee - 254.00
    documentation - 189.00
    total OTD(out the door) - 25274.00

I think I got a pretty good deal.He was asking for $185.00 etching fee,but I told him I wouldn't pay it so he knocked that out.The entire deal took 15 minutes.I only paid $300 over the invoice.The only thing is that he didn't have the car in his inventory,but located it at a different place so he said he could get it for me tomorrow.Also there would be like 50 miles on the odometer getting the car but that didn't bother me.

I was initially going to try fitzmall.I checked their website and they had the same car with that option I wanted for $22886.00,I thought if I had to only pay $314 more at my local dealer for a total of $23200.00 it was worth it.It was worth it because I live like 4 hours from fitzmall so that's alot of driving and the cost for gas it takes going and coming ads up.Also the other thing is if you buy from your local dealer then they sometimes give you free oil changes and thing like that.But honestly it was really worth it because I thought If I buy from the dealership and lets say I have a problem later with the car then I can always bring it to them to get it serviced.The dealership will give more priority to their customers to resolve the problem rather than to those who are not their customers in the past.I'm sure they want you to be happy so you come back again and buy from them in the future.I thought if I buy from elsewhere and have a problem I can still go to the my local dealer to get it serviced under warranty,but I won't be treated the same.

However,Fitzmall is better in other ways.They do honor their internet price which is good because they sell at invoice with the no haggle policy.They don't throw it stupid things like etching fee and other unimportant stuff that alot of dealers try to sell.I did have to haggle with my local dealer to knock that $185 etching fee he wanted to charge and also deal with him when it came to negotiating a price above invoice.You go to fitzmall and only pay what's posted on the internet with no surprises when you get there.Also little as $100 for documentation.I only paid $189 for documentation fee at the local dealer,but I heard some people get overcharged at dealers paying up to $400.

So in the end I think I got a good deal.I payed up to $389 more at my local dealer compared to fitzmall.I think it was worth it.My advice is if you go to your local dealer and want to buy a car then do your homework and be smart.Don't pay for anyting unecessary like etching or paint protection.Don't pay too much for documentation fee's.If they don't have the trim or color you're looking for then just ask them to locate it at another dealer and do a swap or just have them special order from the factory with the options and color you want.But be aware you may have to wait like 6-9 weeks if they order it.Alot of dealers are unwilling to special order beacuse they want to sell you what they have in their inventory.Also,you should only pay up to $300 over invoice less.I think I got lucky in my ordeal since my total price came very close to fitzmall.And I know fitzmall is cheaper because they don't charge for alot of stuff other dealers try to sell and besides they are selling cars at invoice.Alot of local dealers will never sell you a car at invoice.You can try local dealers and email them or call them and see who comes close to fitzmall's final delivered price and go to that dealer.The best option may be just to go to fitzmall if its not too far rather that calling and emailing local dealers and haggling with them.Please tell me what you guys think about what I have to say and also about the price I payed for my car.