Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• pf2001pf2001 Posts: 110
    Tax is 6%. 300 below invoice. I showed them the fitzmall internet price (27004) but they did not match. Once I said 27300 they jumped on it. I should have started lower. I got the graduate rebate too.
  • abchin486 I am in Massachusetts and thinking of buying a Camry LE from IRA. Can you tell me which of the IRA locations did your mom get her car from and will you mind sharing the name of the sales person. Thank you.
  • ppmmppmm Posts: 12
    What is the difference between Camry Base and LE model ? Any answers ?
    Thanks !
    PP
  • arayanarayan Posts: 4
    Last week I went to a dealer in NC and negotiated for a 2010 Camry LE.The car was supposed to be at the dealers place July 24th.Its still in factory I think.After I made the deposit the dealer said that the VIN would cange when I take delivery.He says that since the car is not built yet it gets assigned an interim VIN and a new VIN will be assigned after its built.
    I think the dealer tricked me on this. :mad: Is he trying to swap an existng car and install the options like sunroof,leather seats and alloy wheels OEM? If not how can I make sure all options are factory installed?
    thank you
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    In NC, you can check the inventory of all of the dealerships on the Toyota website.

I had ordered a 2007 with features that none of the local dealerships had, and I was able to track it, get assigned from the port to the local dealership where I placed my order, and I knew exactly when it was going to hit the dealer lot.

They may have seen one available at the port when you were negotiating, yet when they went to grab it....some other dealership had it so they're going after another.

Personally, I think the line about VIN numbers changing is BS. But give them some leeway to find your car and bring it in. They swap around all the time to get the specific vehicles they need with their allotments.

It's been a couple years since I've been crawling thru the inner workings, but there are a number of options that are installed at the port, and others that get installed locally at the dealership or thru a local company they sub it out to.

I know my mirror for instance, was installed locally. That option wasn't on the spec sheet coming in from the port, but I knew the dealer had ordered the part and was putting it on. My local dealership also had a leather shop that did all of their leathers.
    Thank you for your quick reponse.My only concern was the installation of the options mainly sunroof .As long as its done at the factory/ port ( I am not sure why its done at port and not factory) and not dealership I am ok with it even if the VIN changes.So based on your coments it looks like I can ask for the spec sheet (is the spec sheet the one thats stuck on the car window with MSR?) and verify if all options are done on port and not dealer.
    If the options are installed at th dealer what recourse do I have?
    thanks again for sharing your experience,\
    Can't swear to it as it's been a couple years, but I believe the sunroof is a port installed option.

Not sure why it matters, but if there is something wrong with the installation then you don't buy the car. Look at your dealerships inventory, focus on the vehicles that don't show as on the lot and available yet, and see if they have sunroofs coming from the port.

If you want to go as far and be able to prove something, start tracking their inventory yourself by VIN number, as to whether it's coming from the port with Sunroof or not. Then when they tell you your VIN number, you'll know whether it came from the port that way, or was installed locally.
  • abchin486abchin486 Posts: 78
    auto adjustable seats. Maybe some other things, but it really not that different at all.
  • Hello abchin486

I had asked this question earlier but you may have missed it. I am in Massachusetts and thinking of buying a Camry LE from IRA. Can you tell me which of the IRA locations did your mom get her car from and will you mind sharing who she dealt with? Thank you.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,667
    Power drivers seat and keyless entry. See Toyota.com or Edmunds.
  • According to toyota.com/compare both have keyless entry. However, under "build your car" there is no mention of keyless entry under Camry but it lists "multi-function remote keyless entry system with lock, unlock, trunk-release panic features and illuminated entry" under Camry LE.

Other differences seem to be: LE has driver's side power seat and color selection for Camry Base is limited to black, white, silver, sandy beach and blue ribbon.
  • skbostonskboston Posts: 5
    I have received the best offer of $19566 + TTL & 289 doc fee. The Invoice on this is 20550 (including destination + Mats)

Is this is a good price? Anyone buy recently pls. let me know.

Thanks
  • gabbogabbo Posts: 22
    Does anyone know if the $2,000 rebates on the 2009 LE's have been extended into July?

Thanks!
    smartshopperma...
    This is IRA at Tewksbury. The deal they had for 18995 was valid till 07/05th but i guess if you haggle a bit they will give it to you. Good Luck!!
    For Camry LEs are the leather seats always installed OEM at dealer?I thought there are LEs with leather seats from factory.Anyone know?
    Thanks
    Thanks abchin486, mcdawgg and smartshopperma.

Looks like both have the keyless entry. Power driver seat is the only significant difference. Then it does not worth 1000$ extra to buy LE.
    No. I thought that too until i visited the dealer today. There was an LE with Leather and moonroof all factory fitted. Although it seems this is not a very pospular option. You will have to search a bit to find this factory fitted. Dealer fitted may be ok but some risk is there as they are not experts and could have some minor quality issues or major depending on who does it. So i would not get them dealer fitted for sunroof atleast.
    I'd check again on the keyless being equipped on the base model Camry. My base has power locks, but no keyless. In 07, 08, and 09, that's the way the base model came - that and no power driver's seat. I'd be surprised if they changed this for 2010.
  • bobrab48bobrab48 Posts: 1
    I own a 2010 base Camry and it does not have keyless entry.
  • petras2petras2 Posts: 104
    I'm considering a 2010 camry le purchase with jbl option and satellite radio. It looks like the satellite receiver is a dealer add on. Any comments on the price of this add on?
    yeah, they sent me an email saying 18895. I just dealt with the internet guy (Clemente)and made an appt. My mom went down and did the talking (it was her car and I was at work). She met with a guy named Johny Dang. I thought my mom understood that the price was before tax, but i guess she didn't.

They recently sent an email with a similiar offer of 18995.

If that does not work out, go to boch. They suck as a dealership because they prey on people who have no idea what they are doing, but sometimes they are able to get you top pricing if you know what you want to pay because they always claim to undercut everybody.
  • I wasn't really ready for a new car, but if Barack & Co. want to give me 3500-4500 for my old '94 minivan that gets driven every 2-3 months, hey, I'll take it.
    I've got a '05 V6 Accord that runs great, but's really noisy on the highway - I spend lots of time driving from Allentown to NYC, and I can't hear the great tunes on satellite radio.
    Camry is supposed to quiet, and I've got to say the 4 cyl was almost as nice as the V6 in this regard, except when gunning it from a dead stop. And of course it's not as quick, but I can live without that.
    I've been to Krause Toyota and I'll check out Bennett. I'm looking for a 4cyl XLE, fabric seats, no navigation. Can I get them to sell it for dealer invoice? Any better deals than that? They mentioned 500 cash back from Toyota during July - any way to work this?
  • Talked to Johny Dang, without knowing your mom's name he couldn't pull up her paper work but he insists that out the door price of $19,000 including Tax and dealer fees is not possible.

Was there a trade-in or dealer financing involved? Sometimes dealers will give a low price and then add all types of hidden costs in financing.
  • chris789chris789 Posts: 37
    I got a price from a dealership in the San Francisco Bayarea in Hayward for a standard camry le 4 cylinder for $19,500. Is this a good deal or are people getting the car for less?

tia,
    Chris
    no. They tried forcing her to to get non special financing (10%...geesh), but they gave the special 1.9 APR or whatever the rate was in the end. No trade. That was the OTD cost with everything. While i will not give you my mom's name online (that is way too personal) I will tell you that he is pulling your chain and playing dumb. That said, Jony Dang was teh gu she was schedualed to meet. Whether it was him or not, I do not know. Like I said...take it to boch and see what price they can give you.
  • pf2001pf2001 Posts: 110
    Guntherhops,

You can get the vehicle for invoice or just below. I got my XLE V6 2010 (no nav) for 300 below invoice. I used fitzmall internet price as a starting point. I'm in Montgo Co. HTH and good luck
  • toyofan3toyofan3 Posts: 4
    I have had my XLEv6 with puch button start and mats for 3 weeks, paid 27504 which is Fitzmall price plus $500.00. Which is what it would have cost me to fly to MD and drive 8+ hours back. Love the 2010 LEDs and green color. Handles like a dream. Very powerful, smooth and quiet.
    I don't need the power seat but I do need the keyless entry. Is it possible to buy a 2010 Base Camry and ask the deal to add keyless option ?
    Price wise, it should be cheaper than the LE, right?

PP
    Whatever you do, I personally wouldn't recommend an aftermarket add on.

As a side bit of info, the security key with integrated keyfob is a couple hundred bucks by itself. With an LE (at least in 2007) you get two of the integrated keyfobs and a valet key. The security system will accept security programming for up to 4 keys, if you want to add another key.

We did buy an extra key later, and it needs to be cut, then the security system programmed to work with it, and then the keyless entry programmed to work with it.

My advice, get the LE, and don't be messing around to trying to add something later.
    You could try to ask the dealer. If they agree, they will probably get you for $400. If that fails, you could take it to a GOOD aftermarket alarm/car stereo store. I've read that some people have had it done for about $150-200. The only risk in doing this is if something electrical went wrong, Toyota could deny warranty coverage, blaming it on the keyless. That's why I would go to a very good aftermarket store and talk with them about the warranty and their guarantees, etc.

I was going to have it done to mine, but I've gotten used to it now, so I'll just live with using the key.

Some people say the power driver's seat is more comfortable than the base's manual seat, but to me the seat and keyless is not worth the $1,000 + extra for the LE.