Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• atlien3atlien3 Posts: 1
    Hi folks,

I am interested in the 2010 Camry SE, 4cyl AT. I'd like to add just the Navigation system. No dealers currently have this in inventory, so it would have to be ordered direct from the factory with a wait time of about 8 weeks.

My question is, how much can I realistically negotiate off the price of a car that is ordered straight from the factory? I've received quotes via email between $24,900-$25,300 invoice.

Thanks,
    AE
  • smarty666smarty666 Posts: 1,503
    Hi, I just recently test drove a loaded 2010 Camry V6 XLE w/Nav. I asked the salesman during the test drive if the controls/buttons on the steering wheel and ceiling (homelink) illuminate at night like in the altima and accord and he told me that they do not. Later on back at the dealer, a sales manager told me that they do illuminate at night. The problem is I test drove the vehicle in the morning so I have no way of knowing if the lights illuminate or not. If anyone had bought or leased a 2010 SE or XLE could you please tell me if the steering wheel and ceiling buttons illuminate at night? Any information would be greatly helpful!!
  • yl242yl242 Posts: 7
    Hi, Guys,

I am looking for a 2010 Camry Auto Base or LE, the deal I got is 20K for Base, 21K for LE, plus tax, reg. and doc. fee. I wonder if you guys could recommend one around Louisville Area (we can go to Indianapolis or Cincinati, OH) :mad:
  • kfrohlichkfrohlich Posts: 6
    Hi All,
    I live in Houston, TX and am interested in a 2010 Toyota Camry. One of the local Toyota dealers in Houston has the following:

2010 Camry LE, V6
    MSRP: $24,565.00
    Delivery fee: $775.00
    Options:
    RS (Rear Spoiler): $303.00
    TZ (Trunk Organizer): $129.00
    P4 (Vehicle Shield Package): $349.00
    O3 (Owner Rewards Package): $1,126.00
    Total (MSRP): $28,051.00

What would be a good purchase price on this vehicle?

Also, is there anybody here who has recently bought a new vehicle from a Toyota dealer in Houston? Would you please share all the fees and sale taxes that you had to pay on top of the price of the vehicle? I would like to have this information in hand before I head to the dealer so I would not get srewed by the salesman.

Thanks,
    Kenny
    did anybody get the recent price quote on 2010 Camry LE for Costco?
  • austexaustex Posts: 62
    I got 2 quotes of around $28,000 and $27,500 + TTL for both on 2010 TCH with options FE,UP,S4,AU,P4,RD,O6,NC. I know FE is standard and i dont need some of the other. But inclined to keep UP and add leather and maybe spoiler.

What do you think about the quotes??
  • patriclygpatriclyg Posts: 3
    $200 less than the regular price for costco member at bay area.
  • cfunncfunn Posts: 7
    We are currently looking for a Camry for our Daughter. We did purchase a Highlander last Nov. from Star Toyota in League City Texas. I was very happy with the deal and the way we were handled not pushed. My last purchase before that was at Champion Chevrolet/Toyota and you could not pay me enough to even go in their parking lot.
  • smarty666smarty666 Posts: 1,503
    Hi, I just recently test drove a loaded 2010 Camry V6 XLE w/Nav. I asked the salesman during the test drive if the controls/buttons on the steering wheel and ceiling (homelink) illuminate at night like in the altima and accord and he told me that they do not. Later on back at the dealer, a sales manager told me that they do illuminate at night. The problem is I test drove the vehicle in the morning so I have no way of knowing if the lights illuminate or not. If anyone had bought or leased a 2010 SE or XLE could you please tell me if the steering wheel and ceiling buttons illuminate at night? Any information would be greatly helpful!!
  • kfrohlichkfrohlich Posts: 6
    The dealer's intial offer is $24471.00 +TT&L. Is this a good price?

Kenny
  • mspsoccermspsoccer Posts: 2
    Just picked up a 2010 Camry SE (4 cyl, auto) with the base stereo option (not JBL) and all weather floor mats for $21,030 in Nebraska (excluding taxes). I took advantage of the $750 cash back, and the $1000 college student discount. Figure this was a pretty good deal based on some of these other posts! Had to wait a while to get it though, because the first one we ordered got struck by lightning on the transport! ...thinking of getting a vanity plate that reads #2 !!!
  • dennis93dennis93 Posts: 2
    there's 31 miles on it, has preferred acc package which is basically mats for 200 and the body moulding. idk how much the moulding is. the deal was $19,300 out the door tax, title, doc fees, registration, everything. it has NO keyless entry which is only thing im worried about. its silver by the way. is 19300 a good deal out the door? that 19300 is including the $1500 toyota rebate.
  • dennis93dennis93 Posts: 2
    by the way this is for the virginia beach, va area. i no a dealership offering a 2010 camry ce for $19k but that is not out the door not including anytthing. the dealer fees alone are $500 here. does anyone know the invoice on a 2009 base auto camry? or a 2010 base camry. the only diff. here is that idk if i should pay around $600-$1000 more for a 2010 for 10 more horses and a 6 speed auto tranny? would you? i mean the mileage is almost the same. help!! i am buying it tomorrow night
    Thank you for your reply. For "the regular price", you mean MSRP, Invoice, or Edmunds TMV?
  • ram5014ram5014 Posts: 3
    Anyone recently purchase a New Camry either a 09' or 2010 in the NW Oregon or SW Wa. area. Just wondering how much off of MSRP we are getting now.
  • mathewghomathewgho Posts: 2
    Hello,

I live over in central mass, my mother needs to buy a car in the next week b/c of a car accident. She has decided on a Camry, I do well with negotiating, but I hate spending 2-3 hours in a room with three suits just to get my price. A Camry LE would be excellent, is there a way to get the same price you did, 19,600 (TTL included) without the hassle I'd be thrilled.

I have only purchased Honda up to this point so I know some of the Honda dealers but I don't have any experience with Toyota dealers.

any help?

Thank you,

Mathew (madmatman@yahoo.com)
  • I'm buying a new 2009 TCH with leather and upgrade package (no nav, no sunroof) for $25,300 (includes the $2000 manuf cash discount), plus tax and $250 doc fee. Does that sound like a good deal? Thanks.
  • renew2renew2 Posts: 23
    Just bought a Camry SE 4cyl 2010
    Options
    Leather
    Sunroof
    Rear Spoiler
    Tint
    Nightvision mirror with compass
    Sport Conv Package
    Owner Rewards

Paid $23,500
  • austexaustex Posts: 62
    $23,500 + TTL?
  • chunhualichunhuali Posts: 9
    Hi Does anyone know this "Cash For Chunkers" policy? I have an 1998 Toyota Camry, if I trade it for a hybrid, will my car be qualified? I thought only cars wiht <18MPG are qualfied, right?
  • marc42marc42 Posts: 3
    I live in California. I put a $500 deposit down on a new car with a dealer a few days ago (i.e., I spoke with the dealer on the phone; we came to an arrangement; I gave him my credit card info for the $500 deposit, in return for which he is holding the car for me and has put on the options/accessories I requested.) I have just come to realize the deal is not a great one. I haven't signed any paperwork yet and would like to back out if possible. The dealer says that since he held the car for me for a few days and has put on the various factory options I requested, I won't get the deposit back if I cancel. Is this correct under California law? If you know the definitive answer please let me know right away. Thanks!!!
  • rrubianesrrubianes Posts: 4
    Typically, there is a law that prohibits buyers of new cars to back out of a deal or return their car once they buy it off the lot. Usually, you would be subject to a restocking fee. I would try calling the credit card company and canceling the transaction.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Posts: 749
    he is holding the car for me and has put on the options/accessories I requested.

I think that might be the problem. I think most dealers usually return the deposit if you change your mine (if you buy a car with standard options). There're extra costs/options w/ your case that the dealer might never be able to sell them to other buyers.
  • renew2renew2 Posts: 23
    Drive out was $25,200

The owner rewards package includes body side molding and some oil changes.
    Also had the vehicle shield package (this is just an expensive wax job.. told them i would not pay for it).
  • Mathew,

I sent you the email.
  • dodocatdodocat Posts: 1
    hi, smartshopperma, can you send the detail to the following email:
    tech4deal@yahoo.com,
    my wife and I are looking to buy a camry right now and would really want to get some help, :-)
  • roy2001roy2001 Posts: 60
    No, combined mpg must be less than 18. Your old Camry not eligible.
  • tech4deal,

Sent you an email.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,897
    In future, we would prefer that info be shared on the Forums rather than by email - exchanging info privately deprives other members of the information, and we're here so that ALL members can benefit.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews