Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• antomi,

That sounds like a good deal with those options. What color did you get? I am looking for a similar SE. Can you PM me the dealer & salesperson info?
  • antomiantomi Posts: 3
    alright i just sent you the info. let me know how it goes.
  • crodycrody Posts: 6
    Which GA dealer? Do they collect NC Tax and Title for NC government or you pay NC tax and title when registering in NC? Thanks.
  • Took advantage of the 0% APR yesterday which was the last day of the promotion.

Got a 2010 Camry LE with Bluetooth, mats, and rear bumper applique for $19,100. The vehicle had an MSRP of $23,218.

The discount includes the $1,000 College Grad Rebate which can be combined with the 0% financing. Graduate students are eligible for the discount. One dealer told me only undergraduate students qualified. The dealer was very particular regarding the proof of enrollment. The documentation had to show the following:
    School's letterhead and name
    Student's name
    Student's progress

Thank you to all those who contribute to this forum. Your comments were very helpful.
  • Hi I just purchased a 2010 Camry SE 4 cyl Barcelona Red. The total OTD price 26000.00 including 0.9% for 60mos. Asked for the toyota loyalty owner rebate and the dealer said there's no such thing in so.florida is it true?
    The options on the car: Sunroof,rear spoiler,carpet mat,window tint and dealer installed leather. Did I pay too much? I see some posts that people paid 23K and 24K mine is no way near that price. Any thoughts?
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    I think so, but nothing you can do about it now, enjoy your car. Sounds like a nice vehicle.

Here's a comparable for you, but it also has additional features including JBL and Alum wheels. You'd need to compare this to your price, before tax and title.

http://www.fitzmall.com/fitzway/carfind/RESULTSB.ASP?V_XREFID=SVO401624784143519- -
  • antomi,

did not get the PM. Can you try again or just what dealership in So Cal?
  • antomiantomi Posts: 3
    toyota of hollywood
  • Thanks, I picked the car up last night. Here are the final details:

After a terrible experience with Scott Clark Toyota City I ended up buying a car from Town and Country Toyota. Town and Country was very easy to deal with and they did everything they said they were going to do.

2010 Camry Hybrid - Comfort Package, DVD, Floor Mats, Fog Lamps, Leather Seats, Moonroof

MSRP: 32,696

Purchase Price (before tax, title, tag): 28,445 (1,988 under invoice)
    Out the Door: 29,960

I hope this information helps others looking for a Camry Hybrid.
  • swamybswamyb Posts: 27
    Dealer #1..

LE 6-Speed Automatic 4dr Sedan
    (Manufacturer Code 2532)
    MSRP $23,925
    Manufacturer Rebate ($750)
    Your Final Price $20,517*

Included Packages and Options

CA - California Emissions
    CF - Carpet Floor/Trunk Mat (5-Piece Set)
    QA - Wheels: 16" Aluminum EVP
    SR - Moonroof Package includes: Dual Illuminated Visor Vanity Mirrors, Rear Personal Reading Lights

Is this a good deal? Also will I get 0% or 1.9% in addition to the rebate?
    I also wanted to add JBL pkg. How much I should offer for overall otd?(san jose, ca)

thanks
  • brygobrygo Posts: 12
    Most of the advertised Camry LE is in the range of $19.3K - 19.8K, that's without the moonroof package. It's either rebate or zero percent financing. I came across Hayward Toyota ad for a base Camry for around 18K. They might be in willing to deal.
  • Ventured over from the Honda side and just purchased a Silver 2010 Camry SE in Alabama with the following options:

QD Value Package (Moon Roof & Spoiler)
    Floor Mats/Trunk Mat

$ 20,952 before taxes, title and license

I have been a Honda owner since 1984, but decided to give the Camry a try. Nice car at a good price IMO.
  • mpd2mpd2 Posts: 12
    Looking to purchase a new Camry, base model, automatic. Had some questions:

1. I live in the Seattle area- anyone here have any reccomendations on price or specific dealer they used?

2. Is the acceleration problem an issue with the new 2010 models on the dealer lot? I don't want to buy this car, only to have it sent in to replace the acceleration pedal & reprogramming. If not, I'll go with an Accord.

3. I know there are some rebates available. As a recent college grad, can I still get $1000 back if I pay in full (ie don't finance)? Can this be combined with the $750 cashback?

TIA.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,667
    2. Hesitation on acceleration no problem with the 2010. The issue was mostly with the '07's. But this was an easy fix, the dealer just had to reprogram the ECM (engine control module). It took 25 minutes total. If you are talking about the floor mat issue, don't worry about it. I have a 2007 AND a 2010 (base manual) and my mats have never moved, because I use the clips and I use only one all-weather mat. Toyota is going to just modify the pedal shape and install electronic programming to cancel the acceleration if the brake is pressed at the same time. A few automakers already have this feature. This has been WAY overblown by the media, lawyers, and some people here that don't like Toyota or are trying to stir up controversy. These modifications are easy, and will make the cars more idiot proof for those people who put mats on top of other mats and/or don't use the clips to secure the mats.
  • cc62966cc62966 Posts: 30
    3. Yes, you can combine the college grad with any other incentives that are offered through the dealer; for instance I was able to combine a college grad with another $1000 financing rebate through South East Toyota. It does make a big difference!
  • I'm interested in leasing a Camry SE in So Cal and I wanted to know my target price for both an 09 and 10. I'm more focus on a 09 because I'd expect a better price since they're trying to make room for the 2010s. Any info would help.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,667
    2010s have been on the lots since around April 2009, I think. I highly doubt you could find a new 2009 anywhere. Besides, the 2010s are better in many ways - standard traction/stability control, better mpg, better acceleration, quieter.
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,604
    Leases are based on residual value, You would be better off leasing a new 2010 then 2009 since the 09 is one year old already. Once you drive the 09 off the lot its a one year old car. Now if you bought the car, the 2009 would be a better value.
    Would it be possible to apply for the $1000 new grad rebate with financing, wait a few weeks, then pay off the car completely? Is there a penalty for paying off early?

Dealers here still want $19,300+ for a BASE CAMRY, after rebate. What do you guys think?
  • cc62966cc62966 Posts: 30
    Yes, the financing term was a minimum of 30 days and for a minimum amount of $7500. Those were the terms offered me thru World Omni - South East Toyota. I paid it off in 30 days and a few bucks more in financing charges.
    Is the $19300 with the college rebate? They must be charging you well over the sticker price in that case. With the college grad you should be well below $19K approaching $18K.
  • Hey qblind8, I am looking for the exact same car that you bought. I am eligivle for the college grad rebate could you email me or reply back to this message with some information about the dealership and maybe if i can talk to your salesperson. even just the dealership name would help.

I appreciate it. thanks

tl4life@gmail.com
  • tnboytnboy Posts: 11
    Avoid South Toyota in Morrow, GA at all costs. I checked their website Rav4 inventory & prices a couple of weeks ago, found one I wanted, & their posted selling price was great...$2,000 below invoice. Great, huh? So I e-mailed @ it & was told the ACTUAL selling price was $635 higher (dealer fees, you know...just pure additional dealer profit). OK, now I'm leery, but the price still beats anything else I've found, so I figure "what the heck, I'll proceed". The next day I check the same vehicle on their website & the price has increased again by @ $800. Now the good deal is no deal at all. Their excuse was the "computer" was wrong. I knew better, but what the heck...I'll keep checking their inventory & prices.

Three or four days ago, I see another Rav4 on their website. Same deal...great selling price (even with the added $635)...& today I check it & the price is @ $800 higher!

These guys suck. RUN AWAY! THIS IS THE BAIT-&-SWITCH without the switch...
  • Ok deciding to lease a 2010 in So Cal. What leverage can I use to get the best car price on the lease? Also know that this will be my 2nd leave from this dealership (im currently leasing my sister's corolla from there)
  • gtgtcobragtgtcobra Posts: 259
    "Ok deciding to lease a 2010 in So Cal. What leverage can I use to get the best car price on the lease? Also know that this will be my 2nd leave from this dealership (im currently leasing my sister's corolla from there)."

I put down ONLY $2,800 (including $500 for the gap insurance) and I was able to lease my 2010 Camry LE automatic for 3 years/18.000 miles for ONLY $156.01 per month.
    I started the negotiation process by telling the dealer that I wanted to put $1,000 down and wanted 18,000 miles per year. I "STUCK" to the mileage of 18,000 miles per year and I increased my down payment to $1,500. The Toyota dealership "agreed" to the $1,500 down payment with $169.00 per month. But I put down $500 more to get the monthly payment down to $156.01 per month. I then put down another $500 out of pocket for the GAP INSURANCE. I ALSO paid an extra $185 because the vehicle that I wanted cost $185 more.
    So I paid a total of $2,800 for EVERYTHING and got a very good lease deal.
  • Hey Guys,

I need your help. I am looking to buy a Camry LE with all the standard features but the only thing that I want is the built in bluetooth and not the blu-logic.

How much should I expect to pay plus TTL? I live in California but need the car for my job in Ohio. I am willing to purchase and drive from anywhere in the country.

Ideally my goal is to buy this car for $19000, with $0 Down, I estimate that with 0% financing for 48 months (I can most likely qualify for that), and college grad rebate, my monthly payment would be under $400/month. I will be registering my car in Ohio where the sales tax is 6.5%. Is this possible? Any dealer recommendations? thanks.

This is a great forum and I'm hoping you guys can point me in the right direction to make this happen.

Email: tl4life@gmail.com

Thanks a lot guys!!!!
    price shop here:

www.fitzmall.com

You didn't say what part of Ohio, but Fitz has two Toyota dealerships, one is in Chambersburg, PA, which is I think a couple hours from Pgh, which is less than an hour from the Ohio border.

Whether you buy there or not, you have a good price comparison.
    The $19,300 is after $750 rebate, but before the college rebate, which I don't know if it's worth the trouble. I prefer to pay cash for the whole car, but $1000 is sooo tempting. I just don't want to get stuck in some financial fine-print that won't allow me to pay it off early or get fined big time.

Update: One dealer just lowered his price to $19,000 for a BASE model Camry (automatic transmission). How are people getting theirs for $18,000 w/o college rebate????
  • bob607bob607 Posts: 1
    It appears that the prices on fitzmall.com were increased by $400 recently (maybe only $200 on the base model). They are now $1599 under dealer invoice in almost all cases.

Another place you could look is carmax.com, where the selling prices in Laurel, MD are now less than at fitzmall.com by several hundred dollars. They have at least 100 locations within the US.
  • World Toyota in Atlanta says Camry automatic lease 179/month, 39 months, 12k miles yearly no money down. "Lots of cars are available." I assume tax is extra. Is this possible?
    Sure,

If you ignore the cost of money for a minute (which is very low in this economy), 179 x 39 months is just under 7K dollars. That basically is saying that the value of the vehicle after 3 years, would projected to be 7K less than it is today.

Fitzmall's internet price of 19K for a 2010LE (which has dealer profit built into it), less 2007 NADA value of clean retail 16,400, is about 3K. NADA clean trade in is 13,400, which is 6K under.