Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• For the last month or so I've been researching the Camry Hybrid, and I'd like to purchase one soon. The timing is either great or horrible, I'm not sure which!

I am located in Richmond, VA. I have heard back from one dealer and would appreciate feedback from people on whether it's a good offer. I told the dealer I would be paying cash (no trade in).

It's for the Camry Hybrid with factory installed accessories FE, CQ, LA, SR, UT and port installed accessory CF. The online salesperson sent me a "Vehicle Inquiry Report" that lists MSRP as $32715 (which matches what I had researched, except that it added $200 for carpet/trunk mat set). The salesperson offered an OTD price "including all taxes and fees" of $30948.51.

The TMV report from Edmunds was $29517 (after subtracting a $750 rebate).

Does this sound like a good deal? Does the dealer's price include tax, title, and registration?

I had requested fewer options, but the salesperson said that I had to add nav and moonroof in order to get the other options I want (leather, comfort package, the other upgrade option that was non-nav) - is that true?

I will appreciate any feedback.
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    Camry Hybrid MSRP 32715

Figure out your state sales tax, and dmv registration fees on this internet price. See how it compares to your local dealer. This no hassle dealer is about 2 hours from you. Ask your local dealer for the breakdown of his price. He'll tell you the vehicle price, his administrative fees, the dmv costs, taxes, etc.
  • I just got a new Camry Hybrid with factory installed accessories FE, CQ, LA, SR and CF plus free accessories mudguard and Windows tint. The salesman offered me $27633 before $500 rebate from Toyota that is not including tax and others fee. By the way, my salesman got my Camry Hybrid from another Toyota dealership.
  • awn7eawn7e Posts: 12
    I bought a 2010 Camry LE in December and am considering adding the satellite radio into the vehicle. Does anyone know how much this option will cost if I want it integrated into the Camry's existing audio system?

Also given that all dealerships are backed up doing accelerator pads ... is there a way we can do this outside the dealership (and perhaps for even cheaper)?
  • Thanks for the replies. I have requested a price quote from the place you recommended, Kiawah.

My first price quote from my local dealer in Richmond, VA was $30,948 out the door. This is for LA (leather), UT (upgrade and nav), CQ (heated seats, etc), CF (floor mats), and SR (sun roof). That price includes 5% tax as well as title and registration (which is about $400 according to Edmunds' calculator). The saleperson said that it also included the current $750 rebate.

If I subtract 5% tax and $400 from the dealer's offer, the price is $29,020, which is lower than Edmund's TMV of $29,517. Am I doing this comparison correctly?

I'll appreciate any other advice about this offer. Also, I know that President's Day is coming up, and I wonder whether sales will be better then. Thanks!
  • EDITED VERSION OF MY POST ABOVE

Thanks for the replies. I have requested a price quote from the place you recommended, Kiawah.

My first price quote from my local dealer in Richmond, VA was $30,948 out the door. This is for 2010, LA (leather), UT (upgrade and nav), CQ (heated seats, etc), CF (floor mats), and SR (sun roof). That price includes tax (which is 5% according to Edmund's calculator) as well as title and registration (which is about $400 according to Edmunds' calculator). The saleperson said that it also included the current $750 rebate.

If I subtract 5% tax and $400 from the dealer's offer, the price is $29,020, which is lower than Edmund's TMV of $29,517. Am I doing this comparison correctly? The problem is that I think Edmund's calculator is wrong - I think VA tax is 3% and that title and registration is more like $100. Does anyone know whether the Edmund's amounts are accurate? Those are some pretty big differences.

I'll appreciate any other advice about this offer. Also, I know that President's Day is coming up, and I wonder whether sales will be better then. Thanks!
  • Wow, thanks for the lead Kiawah! This is the response I got from that dealership. I have emailed my closest dealership to see if they can match this price (the salesperson had said that they generally can match written offers). Doesn't this seem like a good deal? The TMV is $29,517, and that does not include floor mats (which I've seen listed at $200).

These Camry Hybrids (equipped as requested) are Internet priced at $28,087, have an MSRP of $32,715 and a certified factory invoice of $29,806. Add only tax, tags and $99 processing to get your delivered price. At 3% sales tax here would be the breakdown:
    $28,087 car
    $99 processing
    $868.08 tax
    $100 tag/title
    $29,154.08 out-the-door

If my closest dealership will not match the price, what would it be like to buy in MD when I leave in VA? The MD dealership said they would charge me VA tax. Would I have to go to the DMV or do anything extra because of buying it out of state? Thanks for any advice on that or input about the price!
    Ask the dealership, I'm sure they do this all the time.

They may issue temp 10 day driving tags in Md so you can drive it home, and you take the paperwork to your DMV to buy your tags there.
  • I'm still deciding where to buy. One local dealer lowered the OTD price by $1400 to bring it to $440 more than the dealer that is 2 hrs from me. I'm waiting to hear back from another local dealer.

(As a recap I'm looking at a camry hybrid with leather, nav, heated seats, moonroof, floor mats.) The lowest price is $28,186 ($1331 below TMV), including fees, plus tax and tags.

I'm getting nervous about new recall news each day. Does anyone think there is anything wrong with the camry hybrid?
  • I live in JAX, FL, A couple dealers offer me the Camry LE, with no additional option for OTD price which include dealer fees, new Tag, Taxes for $20,500. Is this a good deal or I could get better price.

Thank you
  • awn7eawn7e Posts: 12
    You can do better. I say this because:

1. The fact that "a couple of dealers" can offer you this tells me you can do better.
    2. I purchased a brand new 2010 Toyota Camry LE (automatic, with alloy wheels option) for $20,500 OTD on Dec 21, 2009 at a NC dealership. This was before any of these recent problems came up.

You should continue to negotiate. You can also consider negotiating non-price factors such as color, whether the accelerator is made by CTS or Denso, and getting a Camry made in Japan.
  • For someone else's future reference, I just purchased my 2010 camry hybrid for $28,076 plus tax and tags ($29,000 out the door). That price is $1440 below the TMV. MSRP was $32,715. Options were navigation, leather, heated seats, moonroof, carpet and trunk mats.

I purchased from Mechanicsville Toyota in VA and was very happy with my experience there.
  • wsc3wsc3 Posts: 3
    Salesman stated he would sell for $27479 out eh door. The lease is $294.00 for 36 months with $2000 down. The dealer is in Connecticut. Look like it is worth it to you?
    You don't really give enough info, don't know the options your vehicle has.

Compare the MSRP and features to www.fitzmall.com. They are in a pretty geographically competitive area, and have very good prices. That will give you a pretty good target to shoot for up in Conn....or you could always fly/train it down to DC if it's worth it to you.
  • wsc3wsc3 Posts: 3
    2010 Toyota Camry XLE w/Navigation, leather, moonroof, JBL Audio 6idisk CD

MSRP: $28,892.00
    LEV:$18,006.00
    LEV%:%62.32
    Down Payment: $2000.00
    Money Factor:0.00050
    Monthly payment $294.01
    Let me know if you need any more information.
  • daveodysseydaveodyssey Posts: 5
    edited February 2010
    Hi everyone. I live in Richmond, VA and looking to buy a new basic Camry LE with little or no addional options. How much is a good price to pay at this point in time. Price included tax, title, and fee.(OTD price) The MSRP of the car I was looking at is $22850.Thanks for all response.
  • I just bought a camry hybrid in the Richmond area. I calculated the true market value (TMV) on Edmunds and did my price comparisons with the internet sales department (using the request quotes feature on Edmunds.com). The quotes I got were all over the place - Haley Toyota's first price quote came in $1800 higher than the lowest first quote I received (from Fitgerald Toyota in MD, just 2 hrs from here). I ended up purchasing from Mechanicsville Toyota when they beat the MD price. If you get quotes from Fitzgerald Toyota in MD as well as a few Richmond dealers, you will quickly see what the range of prices is and then you can ask them to match each other. Good luck!
  • Received email offer for XLE 4 cyl from a local dealer:

MSRP - $27,995
    Offer - $23,455 + get the $1250 rebate

Seems a little to good to be true. I might head over there this weekend to check it out.
  • This is for a 2010 Camry LE, Automatic with no other features in NE Florida.
    after a lot of negotiating I got an OTD quote of $18,900
    that includes tax, tag, title, fees, etc...
    I've been browsing the forums for a while now and I want to know, how does this sound to you guys (and gals)?
  • World Toyota in Atlanta has been emailing an LE at 16800 before fees.
  • Thanks mahouraii! Here's how I crunched the numbers..

$16,800 + $682 (SE Toyota Destination and Admin charge) + $750 Destination Charge + 7% sales tax + approx $100 for a FL title + tag transfer = approx $19,610.

Now, I'm not sure if that base price has already factored in manufacturer rebates to the dealer or loyalty discounts for the customer (I am a previous Toyota owner)
    but we'll be getting it for about $700 less than that.

How does this look to everyone else?
  • Well, 16800 + 682 + 750 = 18232 + TTL.

It's a good deal if it was last year. With the current fiasco and 2011 on lot, I think it's an o.k deal at most.
  • Well compared to what the local dealers are selling them for ($19,995) that sounds like a good deal, guess in my area the market isn't as distressed.
  • lavelilaveli Posts: 12
    edited February 2010
    Hi can anyone help,

this is what i got for a Camry LE

MSRP $23,000
    Invoice $21,000
    selling to me for $20,700
    OTD (tax+lic fees) $23,000

I am in the SoCal area. Also this includes the $1,000 new college grad and i'm going to go with the 1.9%apr
    high

should get that price easily without the college grad rebate
  • lavelilaveli Posts: 12
    How much lower can we go below invoice? And how do I know if that is the invoice? Im talking to them through emails, I have not seen the car yet.
  • Close enough...so I went ahead and did it. Good buying experience .. I love how they tell me 'we are losing $600 on this car from our NET prices, but we hope you will return and buy another car again so that's why we do that'....

MSRP - $27,795 - XLE 4 cyl Auto + Leather/Heated Seats + Smart Key + Dest
    Selling Price - $23,683
    Doc Fee - $250
    Taxes $1,495.81 (OH)
    Title - $33.50
    Rebate - Additional $1250 off
    OTD - $24,212.31

Happy with Bluetooth in the car, my main requirement. Getting a deal like this is why I don't enjoy buying a car - there is NO WAY, based on the 'information' provided by Edmunds and the like that I should be able to get this pricing. So I've decided in my next career to become a car dealer to figure out how they really price and pay for cars :)

Thanks to all who post and provide information..
  • I love how they tell me 'we are losing $600 on this car from our NET prices, but we hope you will return and buy another car again so that's why we do that'....

I heard that all the time...sometimes I make fun of them by saying "You keep telling you make no money or losing money every time I purchase a car but you're still in business." They just smile at me. :P
  • jason50jason50 Posts: 55
    I thought the sale of Camrys were on hold until they got the brakes issue fixed? Also, have you guys gotten a better offe/deal since this scandal broke?